Ford Unveils New Fiesta 2013 Model

Thread Starter #1
a new sedan prototype that appears to be hiding a new set of bumpers, headlights and trunk lid. The model also appears to have a bigger upper grille and smaller lower one, which is the opposite of how the current car is designed.

Powering the new Fiesta sedan will be a range of motors that will still include a 1.4 and 1.6-liter normally aspirated unit, aimed at budget buyers, but also a brand new Ford EcoBoost 1.0-liter three-cylinder with 100 PS or 123 PS. We could also be looking at a normally aspirated version with only 80 PS.

Once launched in Europe this year,it should also make it's debut here.

Source:
Spyshots: Ford Fiesta Sedan Facelift - autoevolution

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ford Fiesta Sedan Facelift

So we should expect a Fiesta facelift in India too sometime soon. From what I could make out, there is a revised front grille as well as the tail lamps seem to have been stretched to resemble more or less like New Mondeo. I hope Ford makes some sincere efforts to improve those interiors that are one of the biggest let downs right now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Ford Testing Fiesta Facelift - Indian Launch Probable

Forget facelift, they need pricefall for sales to take place.[sleep]

I do have the same opinion. Ford just need to cut the price. Sales will automatically rise. I think that the motto of this facelift is to give it a price cut (terming it to be the result of localisation of parts ) as in the case of Honda Jazz .
But the face-lifted fiesta seems to have rectified the little awkward rear.

Thread Starter #5

After the launch of Figo,everyone was expecting Ford to give a tough competition to it's Indian counterparts, But they were very optimistic in pricing the new Gen Fiesta- I hope they wont repeat this mistake when they get this model to our shores

Thread Starter #6

Having already afforded us a peak at the hatchback version of the upcoming 2013 Ford Fiesta through these shots, our spies have now caught up with a prototype of the sedan model while engineers were testing it on the roads around the Nürburgring.
There's too much cladding on both ends of the Fiesta sedan to be absolutely sure, but it appears that Ford will apply the same Aston Martin grille treatment on the facelifted model as it did on the new Fusion.

Besides the different grille and hood, the freshening is likely to include reworked headlamps, new front and rear bumpers, and a reshaped trunklid along with some minor changes in the interior.

As with the European 2013 Fiesta, the North American model will also get Ford's newly introduced three-cylinder 1.0-litre Ford EcoBoost gasoline engine with up to 123hp (125PS), which will likely replace the current 1.6-liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder with 120hp.

Source:
Scoop: 2013 Ford Fiesta Sedan will get the Aston Martin Grille Treatment, Plus 1.0-liter Turbo - Carscoop

Thread Starter #7

Caught in Michigan wearing only light applique camouflage, this Fiesta sedan prototype looks like a shrunken Ford Fusion. Except that the relative size of the Aston Martin-esque grille is much larger on the subcompact Ford, combining with the new headlight design to give the 2014 Fiesta the look of a carnivorous, prehistoric fish. Let's just hope the sedan doesn't look as awkwardly narrow and high-rumped as the current car.

Rumors that the Dunkleosteus Fiesta may come to the U.S. with a turbocharged, direct-injected three-cylinder EcoBoost engine persist. The new 1.0-liter engine is said to pack 125 horsepower and allow the Fiesta to hit 55 mpg, but we'll take that miles per gallon figure with a few grains of salt. Other speculation involves the triple also getting an electric supercharger that could boost power to 175 horsepower.

2013 Ford Fiesta reveals Fusion-like face

Ford unveils the 2013 new fiesta

Ford has officially lifted off the covers from the new facelifted Fiesta and boy does it look good! The new model will make its debut at the 2012 Paris Motor Show.

With this front end treatment, the whole car gets a new refreshed feel which gels well into the new design language of the Ford vehicles. The design is very much in-line with recent Ford models like the Ecosport, C-Max and the new Mondeo. Ford had showcased a concept Fiesta ST in 2011 which did give a glimpse of what was stored in for the future. Compare to the older one, this one looks more sleek and mean. The curvy and pointed lamps now get a trapezoidal form and house LED DRLs. The bonnet gets some extra crease lines, adding more to the muscular character of the car.

Moving to side, we see that it remains almost same but does get a new set of 8-spoke alloy wheels. Not many changes can be noticed on the rear except the tail-lamp cluster.

The interior too gets a refreshed look. The centre console comes in a piano black finish and the design also takes a more modern looking form. The dashboard itself has some minor changes such as the relocation of the button and switches. The glove box seems to be have been extended and made a bit bigger too.

Ford’s Mike Boneham has informed IAB that the automaker is not looking to get the facelifted version down to India anytime soon. This means we might have to wait a bit longer than rest of the world to get our hands on this beauty.

[Source: Carscoop.blogspot.com]

Read more: 2013 Ford Fiesta hatchback revealed to the world

Re: Ford unveils the 2013 new fiesta

Here are some more pics of 2013 Fiesta Hatch in RED which I got from youtube. Its a video and I took screen shots for my records earlier.

It looks nice and little better even though not much of a difference.

Attachments

Last edited:

This looks something like Ecosport from front and rear !!

GC looks to be very less, hope this should not become one more Figo for Indian road conditions.

Other wise the hatch looks really beautiful[clap]

I think this will take much more time to land up here and compared to hatch sedan are very exciting and well acclaimed models and can take Ford to much greater heights in the Indian market.

Here are some more pics of 2013 Fiesta Hatch in RED which I got from youtube. Its a video and I took screen shots for my records earlier.

It looks nice and little better even though not much of a difference.
This is not fiesta hatch it is a focus hatch Harish .

Last edited:

Top Bottom