A Car that Repairs Itself!

Thread Starter #1
The Audi A9 Concept Car Repairs Itself, Changes Body Color!

This is Audi A9 concept from the reputed Spanish designer Daniel Garcia who has Ducati 6098 R concept and many other to his credit.

Daniel’s A9 concept is a low emission hybrid vehicle for the future. A9 concept features a single-piece windscreen and its roof is formed from nanotechnology material that has a unique automatic-system that repairs damage and can also be adjusted for colors and opacity.

Also, the vehicle flaunts the unique ‘electronic painting’ system that allows the owner to change the color with the touch of a button. The concept is proposed to be powered by an advanced hybrid setup which uses an internal combustion engine working in conjunction with four in-wheel electric motors

aadi1.jpg

aadi.PNG

Thread Starter #4
Nice share Sethu! this concept started some time in 2010 i guess. any idea where does it stand now?

Sorry Mr. Parthi, first time I heard about this kind. I liked the concept of car paint color changes itself automatically. Actually I was thinking abut this concept. When I found that concept in this I was really surprised.

Apart from that I do not know about where it stand now. Mr. Visran [who shares lot of world car news with us], the expert can help us I think.

Mr. Visran [who shares lot of world car news with us], the expert can help us I think.
I am no expert sir,

Regarding this Audi's concept not sure where it stands currently but we can easily say that such technology is a decade away, even BMW is working on a concept named GINA which is flexible, stretchable water resistant translucent man-made fabric skin – polyurethane-coated Spandex, is resilient and durable. It resists high or low temperatures, does not swell or shrink and the movement does not slacken or damage the fabric. The body changes its shape according to exterior conditions and speeds, and it also allows the driver to change its shape at will. The fabric is stretched over a moveable frame;essential shapes are formed beneath the skin by an aluminium wire structure, though at points where movement is needed (ducts, door openings, spoiler) flexible carbon struts are used.The shape of the frame is controlled by many electric and hydraulic actuators, for example, the headlights are revealed when small motors pull the fabric back in an eyelid like fashion. As the fabric is translucent the taillights shine through it.the development of this model started in 2001 and has still not seen the light of the day.

posting a pic of the BMW GINA for Reference:

Attachments

Top Bottom