Toyota Shows Etios Facelift in Brazil

Thread Starter #1
Toyota will launch the Etios brother's in Brazil by this SeptemberThe Etios that will be on sale in Brazil will be built in Sorocaba. It is slightly different from the one that is sold in India. Externally, it has a different set of tail lamps and a modified hatch.On the inside, the Brazilian Etios does not get the flat bottom steering wheel with controls. It however gets a different music system and height adjustable head rests, front and rear.The hatch will be powered by a 1.3L petrol engine and the Etios sedan will be powered by a 1.5L petrol engine, both mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Toyota has plans to produce 70,000 units of Etios in 2013. The Japanese automaker also has plans to expand the capacity of the plant to 400,000 by 2020. There are also murmurs that the Etios platform will lead to more variants by 2015. The eight products for emerging markets could include a small SUV, minivan, station wagon and pickup truck.

I guess Toyota might bring these changes for our market as well by early next year.

Do you think these changes are enough to keep the interest going?

Attachments

Fazer

Suspended
Great News but not GOOD! :biggrin:

The Etios Liva is somehow different from the rear but Etios is same.
From the front, Both are Ditto same!

The Interiors are spacious, as usual, with CHEAP Quality (from Q-Class toyota) and you will have to buy a Hatchback for filling the empty space inside!

The Speedometer is placed on the centre console AGAIN!!! [anger]
This means you will have to ask the Rear middle seat passenger to tell at how much speed you are travelling and at How much RPMs?! (Are you listening TOYOTA?)

These changes are truely not enough to keep the interest going on in the market..[thumbsdown]

Thread Starter #6
Toyota exhibits a Gorgeous(cant believe i used this word in Etios thread) Etios variant at Brazilian launch

Toyota brought this particular sport variant of the Etios to the event to give the visitors the impression that it can be sporty, can be good looking, and something beyond the Renault Logan. Many people here in Brazil are saying that Toyota took very long to release a competitor which looks like an expensive Logan.
We know that this is not exactly true, but in a market where looks are so important, Toyota will have a hard time selling the Etios. It might sell well because of Toyota’s reputation for quality and reliability, but those who look for a good looking car will shop elsewhere.
Read more: Toyota displays a sporty Etios variant at Brazilian launch

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Now the latest news according to ACI is that Toyota will be launching Liva with 1.5 engine borrowed from his brother Etios, can they bring those changes with this kind of body kit?

Interior should be changed along with 1.5 engine.

My wishlist for LIVA

1) Better interior
2) 1.5 ltr Etios engine
3) Sporty alloy (limited edition)

Toyota must definitely bring in an interior facelift to both the etios and liva.
I would also wish the instrument cluster to be placed normal as in the case of other cars in the segment.

I think TOYOTA should put DOHC-diesel engine instead of SOHC engine. I found lot of difference while driving these cars having SOHC and DOHC engines. But it all depends on personal driving style. I will always prefer DOHC engine.

Top Bottom