2013 Dodge Dart Rally Car-600bhp,2l engine

Thread Starter #1
Dodge has brought its 2013 Dart rally car to the New York Auto Show, and has fittingly positioned the car on a faux mud track amidst the urban jungle. This isn’t the same Dart you’ll find in any Dodge showroom; it’s one that has been purpose-built to compete in Global RallyCross events. Whereas the production Dart has a 184-bhp 4-cylinder under its hood, the rally version has all the specs you’d expect from a true racing machine that can fly 70 feet in the air off jumps and still keep competing.
The Dodge Dart headed to the Global RallyCross series is motivated by a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that pumps out 600 bhp. Power is sent to all four wheels via a Sedav gearbox. That’s a good thing, since the racing car’s 550 lb.-ft of torque would melt the tires off the standard front-wheel-drive Dart. As you’d expect, Dodge has jettisoned the production Dart’s interior bits and pieces in favor of a stout rollcage.
Piloting the Dodge rally car will be Travis Pastrana, four-time Rally America Champion and 17-time X Games Gold Medalist. “When I first heard about the Global Rallycross Series, I was really interested, and after watching some of the rounds last year and then actually competing at X Games I was hooked!” said Pastrana. The Global RallyCross kicks off the 2012 season on May 26, at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
-http://www.roadandtrack.com

Attachments

Top Bottom