Tata Nano Launched in Nepal at Rs.5 Lakhs!

Thread Starter #1
tata-nano-wallpaper.jpg

The worlds cheapest car is not so cheap for the people in Nepal. Blame the high taxes, the Nano was launched at a price of NRS 7.98 that translates to Rs. 5 lacs.

Read the following report from ET.
KATHMANDU: The Maruti 800, the cheapest car available in Nepal, faces tough competition from Sunday as the world's cheapest car, Tata Nano, launched its sale in the Himalayan republic at an introductory price of NRS 7.98 (almost Rs.5 lakh).
A gleaming yellow Nano Standard was unveiled in the capital by Johnny Ommen, Tata Motors' chief of international business, passenger vehicles, and Siddhartha S.J.B. Rana, executive chairman of Sipradi Trading, Tata's exclusive dealer in Nepal for almost four decades.
The introductory offer would be open for 10 days with the delivery of the first consignment scheduled in July-end. While unlike in India, where the car's price varies from state to state, in Nepal, there would be one single price for a model.
Source: Economic Times

Re: Tata Nano launched in Nepal at 5 lacs INR!

Whoa 5 Lakhs for a Nano and its close competitor is M800! I think the Nepal citizens need to pay too much taxes for owning vehicles.

350Z

Core Team

Tata Nano is going places. Recently it was also introduced as Taxi in Sri lanka. Though it’s an irony that people in Nepal will have to shell out so much to afford ‘the cheapest’ car which is not anymore ‘cheaper’.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Quite unexpectedly, Tata Nano has crossed over 200 bookings in Nepal in spite of having such a hefty price tag.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its a hefty price tag for us , not for them. Because of their high tax system 5Lakhs for a Nano is still cheap for them.

5 lakh for nano?? hmmm

What if one want to buy a Beemer or benz? [frustration]

350Z

Core Team

The costs are still no less that an average person can buy for which the Nano was actually meant. On the other note, car prices are exorbitant in Nepal. Visit this website and you will know what I mean: Car Prices in Nepal | ktm2day ||| ktm2day

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes a normal middle class citizen cannot afford even a Nano thanks to those high taxes! Thankfully our tax system is much better but still we complain about the CKD and CBU taxes![evil]

Looks Pathetic. Its time to feel "thank god, i was born in india :D"

I agree! in comparison to cost of other cars in their country nano is still very cheaper for them..

350Z

Core Team
Nano is now on sale in Bangladesh after Nepal and Sri Lanka. It is priced at 5,99,000 Taka. That is, Rs.3,87,000 in India.

Tata-Nano-advertisement.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I remember a guy from Nepal told me they had paid some 20 lakhs for a used corolla,they have some green tax or something like that,which prices the car twice the retail of what we have in India!

I remember a guy from Nepal told me they had paid some 20 lakhs for a used corolla,they have some green tax or something like that,which prices the car twice the retail of what we have in India!
My mom's brother i.e Mama paid 18 Lacks for a used corolla in Kathmandu n when he shifted his base to Kolkata he could book a all new Superb for 25 Lacks OTR in Kolkata.

Even people residing in US think the same when they must hear we pay Rs 62,50,000 ex-showroom price for BMW Z4 while its available at $55,150 exshowroom in US i.e is like Rs 27,57,500.

Last edited:

Top Bottom