Honda's CEO Praises Hyundai

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Honda CEO Takanobu Ito foresees Hyundai cars as one of the major threats to the Japanese cars in near future. The Korean car manufacturer has rapidly firmed up its sales around the world and has greatly improved its car models. Its new business strategies and planning has led to larger market share in nearly every auto market around the globe. “Hyundai is awesome,” said Takanobu. “They are undoubtedly a threat because their products are cheap, and the quality is improving,” says Takanobu.
The scrappage incentive scheme in European nationals and America has further uelled the sales growth of Hyundai in these countries. Hyundai along with its sister firm Kia have made the most of this scheme by launching various i-series models like i10, i20 and i30 in Europe and the US.
Nissan’s designed Shiro Nakamura has also echoed similar sentiments about Hyundai. “Hyundai is the biggest threat for the Japanese automakers,” he said. “They have the technology, but they seem to have cheaper labour."
With Hyundai en-cashing upon cheap labour in countries like India, the cost of the cars are extremely competitive that are also offering great and improved quality.
Source: CTI

Drive Safe!
350Z

Yes!

Hyundai really deserves it!

Kudos for John Krafcik for leading the company even in such a crisis!

And just for you guys to know!

Hyundai-Kia Group is currently the fourth largest manufacturer in the automotive world !!

Arun

Suspended
Zinam will have such a wonderful sleep today![lol!]

Hyundai deserves every bit of the glory! The sunshine car made millions of people here happy. The i10 and the i20 are keeping the tradition alive!!

Well done Hyundai!!

Zinam will have such a wonderful sleep today![lol!]

Hyundai deserves every bit of the glory! The sunshine car made millions of people here happy. The i10 and the i20 are keeping the tradition alive!!

Well done Hyundai!!

He he, If i myself is not proud owning a good car then who else will be ? [thumbswink]

absolutely, what hyundai managed to show is how good quality with customer satisfaction comes with competing with global players.Its not easy to take the no.2 spot in India and 4th globally.WOW!

Its shows in their sales too - around 4000 I20s sold in September'09 which once was considered not VFM.

Cheers,
Vroom

Though i'm not a fan of Hyundai cars, i feel that Hyundai deserves it. They don't sell the same crap like Tata, but they keep on improving and one day it'll get closer to those who clock 6 digit kms on the odo.

Honda acknowledges Hyundai

Quote:
Honda’s CEO Takanobu Ito has said he sees Korean manufacturer Hyundai as a huge threat to the future of Japanese automakers.

The Korean firm has seen strong sales growth across the world in the last few years and it is currently the top selling manufacturer in Britain for retail sales.

“Hyundai is awesome,” said Takanobu. “They are undoubtedly a threat because their products are cheap, and the quality is improving.”

Hyundai and its sister firm Kia have been successful across Europe and America in various s****page incentive schemes. Smaller models such as the i10, i20 and i30 have proved particularly popular.

Takanobu’s comments have also been echoed by designer Shiro Nakamura from Nissan.

“Hyundai is the biggest threat for the Japanese automakers,” he said. “They have the technology, but they seem to have cheaper labour.”

06/10/2009

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Please do a search before creating threads.

Threads Merged.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom