Ford's strategy for India comprises bringing in 4 cars in 2015, out of which the sub-4 metre sedan Figo Aspire has already been launched. - However, for those looking for a new SUV - the American car manufacturer's new Endeavour is on its way too.
Ford Motors today unveiled the 2015 Ford Everest SUV at the ongoing Indonesia International Motor Show 2015. For those who don't know, the Everest SUV will soon arrive in India as the Ford Endeavour.
Here's what we know about the car:
1) The new Endeavour is based on the Ranger pick-up and has been designed and engineered by Ford Australia
2) The SUV looks similar to the Everest concept introduced by Ford and will come with a large trapezoidal grille, beefed up wheel arches which make it look muscular
3) Changes up front include LED daytime-running lights and an aluminium scuff plate
4) Drivability of the SUV is improved thanks to the inclusion of a new independent coil-spring layout at the rear instead of the leaf spring setup found in the current model
5) It will also come with a new terrain management system (TMS) that allows a driver to select among pre-adjust settings (normal, snow/grass, sand and rock) while driving. Each of the aforementioned settings adjust the traction control, engine torque, four-wheel drive system and other things to better the driving performance in any condition
6) There is a big change inside too, as everything from the dashboard to the central screen harkens to the future
7) The Endeavour will be equipped with Ford's SYNC2 multimedia setup and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
8) Ford has been testing the 2.2-litre (148 bhp) and 3.2-litre(197bhp) mills for India and the Endeavour will see these under its bonnet instead of the 2.5-litre and 3.0-litre diesel engine that the predecessor had
9) Continues to sport the 7-seat configuration
10) The SUV will compete with the likes of the Mitsubishi Pajero, Ssangyong Rexton and Toyota Fortuner
Expected Launch: Festive Season, 2015
Expected Price: Rs. 20 lakh - Rs. 25 lakh