Deliberate Destruction of Lamborghini Gallardo in China

Thread Starter #1
Deliberate destruction of Lamborghini Gallardo in China

Lamborghini Gallardo was destroyed by a group of peasants in the Chinese city of Qingdao. The owner of an Italian sports car decided to break it to show their disappointment at Lamborghini.

Lamborghini Gallardo was purchased six months ago, but the engine failed to start on Nov. 29, 2010. Owner contacted Lamborghini dealer in Qingdao, and they took the Gallardo for the repair service center. Problem with the motor they have not decided, but a broken bumper and damaged the landing gear in transit. The owner complained to the dealer, but they refused to take responsibility in this matter, so enraged the owner was contacted with Director General of Lamborghini Stephan Winckelmann in the main office of China's Asia-Pacific region, but there could not solve the problem. The owner felt that his consumer rights have been ignored. So he decided that the best way to attract attention, is to destroy his car on March 15, which is also World Consumer Rights Day. Apparently, he hired people to publicly destroy his car with hammers and make his statement. The appeal was made to induce public support and encourage manufacturers to respect his right to the consumer. It is also interesting to note that in China, because of protectionist measures, Lamborghini Gallardo worth from $ 529,000 to $ 757,000 depending on configuration.

This is a disillusioned owner

Source: gtspirit.com

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended
Please mention the source from where you have taken the pictures.

This is the forum policy.

350Z

Core Team
He must be wealthy enough to afford crushing a supercar like Gallardo. I can understand his frustration though but there were better ways too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

WTH!! Even if i was such a rich guy to even buy 10 Gallardo's , i would never do this!

He could have restored his Gallardo if he is that rich!

I remember a similar incident a decade back which did not kick off by the way. It was the owner of a motorcycle who had some serious issues with his bike which were results of manufacturing defects. The bike was still in warranty period, but the dealership kept taking him for a ride and one day after losing patience, he turned up in front of the showroom. Bike on a pick-up, media people with cameras and a can of petrol. A crowd had even gathered in front of the showroom to see what all the hoopla was about.

As soon as the bike owner was about to burn his bike in front of the showroom, the showroom owner himself turned up and heard him patiently and promised to fix his bike in a week. It was all taken on camera and the bike was fixed to the owner's satisfaction under warranty in the promised time.

I feel sorry for the Lambo, But sometimes you need to resort to hard core insanity to get people to act. I guess Lamborghini should have addressed the issue properly and they definitely had the chance, inspite of that they played bureaucracy.

Last edited:
even here, similar thing happened. one lady got pissed with Honda service so she smashed her CR-V in front of dealership and went and got a new Toyota in the beside showroom.

I feel sorry for the Lambo[sad] as well as for the owner. I am sure the owner must have faced some real serious issues with services. Its pathetic on the part of Lamborghini for not being able to solve the issues of its customer car.

However i cannot imagine how an auto enthusiast can be so cruel to his car!

my god ! he must be mad & must be sent to a shrink to have his head examined.if he was in india he would have to do this on a daily basis if got some car from here.

Last edited:
my god ! he must be mad & must be sent to a shrink to have his head examined.if he was in india he would have to do this on a daily basis if got some car from here.
Oh god!!!
What has he done?
The man who could afford this has destroyed it.

I think he has more bank balance.[lol]
He's not mad or out of his mind like some people might tend to think. Its also not cause he has a lot of money to throw away.

What people fail to see is that the Lamborghini service folks had not done anything to get his car fixed and they returned the car back to him without fixing it and to make matters worse even managed to damage it while in transit to the service centre. Also you should remember that a Lamborghini is not a car that the friendly road side mechanic can fix and that if the Lambo people themselves have chosen not to fix the car which wont even start, what's the use of the car anyways? I dont think anyone would buy a Lamborghini for keeping it as a museum piece in the drawing room. For that we have scale models.

In my opinion, this guy's done the best one can do and him being successful at making his point can be proven from the fact itself that people on every auto forum around the globe are discussing and talking about the incident, us included. If I were rich and to buy a super car, I would think not twice, but thrice before going in for a Lambo now and its the Chinese guy's woes with Lamborghini that has made me to think like that. If I were Lambo's boss man, I would be worried by now.

Last edited:

Top Bottom