Suzuki Developing New 4WD Mini Sports Car

Thread Starter #1
As news Suggests:
Source

Suzuki Developing a mini SPORTS car - 4WD drive type may be launched in 2018

Kasscon said:
The open sports model of mini vehicles is based on the new Alto (HA 36 type) platform, model name is not decided as cappuccino, but Suzuki automobile is currently under development.

A new type of open sports car is not a FR drive system but a light weight platform of Alto FF based 4WD drive system, the engine is a 0.66 liter in-line 3 cylinder DOHC turbo engine (R06A type) same as 36S type works. Engine output within the range of self-regulation maximum output 64 ps, maximum torque 10.2 kgf.m. 5 MT / 5 AGS is set for the transmission.

As we use the new Alto platform, it is expected that it will be finished to enjoy even more sporty running that suppressed the roll without the roof top at the ultra light weight (which weighs approximately 700 kg) as with the original cappuccino, but what kind of behavior 4 WD I am very much looking forward to it.

The exterior is adopted a long nose design with 2 seater open in low form. The picture is a predicted exterior.

Since it is developed on a shared platform, vehicle sales price is set to be cheaper so the expected sales price is 1,600,000 yen to 2,100,000 yen.

It is expected to be lower than rival Honda S660 (selling price 1,980,000 yen ~ 2,380,000 yen) and robe & cello of Daihatsu Copen (selling price 1,852,200 yen ~ 2,127,600 yen).

If the report is true, then an Interesting question arises - Is this the answer to Tamo from Suzuki or it will open a new market in India with ultra small sports car

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: News - Suzuki Developing a mini SPORTS car - 4WD drive type

60 HP and they call this a sports car?
No Thanks. My Tractor has better output!

Thread Starter #5
Re: News - Suzuki Developing a mini SPORTS car - 4WD drive type

60 HP and they call this a sports car?
No Thanks. My Tractor has better output!
The worst part could be 4wd with 64hp [lol]however given the light weight it might be okiesh

Last edited:

Top Bottom