Thread Starter #1
2017 Ford Fiesta for Europe has been announced
It will go on sale on March 2017 across Europe

Its moved up market from where it used to be with addition of 4 new TRIMS
-Titanium (The Brown colour)
-Active (The Golden Yellow colour)
-ST Line (The Red Colour)
-Vignale (White Colour)

Primary engine will be 1.0 ecoboost with 100 hp for all variants, 123 HP and 140 HP too is options for same engine
The second engine choice is a new 1.5l ecoblue TDCi with 100 Hp and 120 HP as power choices

Ford says this is worlds most technologically advanced small hatch back with over 15 active and passive safety features like lane keep, lane change assist, auto braking, blind spot monitoring, fatigue alert warning system etc etc.

its also got SYNC 3 with advanced Voice commands

stock Sony stereo or B&O stereo option by Harman

The car has grown in size meaning more width for 3 passengers on back seat and enough legroom for them as well which has definitely improved from current generation Fiesta

Ford also says this Fiesta is worlds most fun super mini hatch money can buy as well

Attachments

Re: Ford Fiesta 2014 Review & Pictures: Fascinating Fiesta

Ford should launch the hatchback by pricing it on aspire range and test the market

Thread Starter #3

Ford should launch the hatchback by pricing it on aspire range and test the market
Thats not possible as of now as even in Europe the new Fiesta hatch backs price has gone up by around 40%,
So if its brought to India, it will be around 15-18 lakhs for Fiesta which nobody would even dare to take a look at
The new Fiesta is longer by 7 mm ie total 4006 mm now so again above 4m in length so wont get excise benefit

On the other hand a sedan version with Ecosport like Interior but same engine choice and a few technologies too on board can still make a come back

@F4frewin
That ride looks SWEEET[clap]

Here is a look at the new 2017 Fiesta by auto express, I wish Ford brings this to India in sedan form at least

New 2017 Ford Fiesta: specs, pics, video and Q&A | Auto Express
I sincerely wish they bring the ST version as well. It would fulfil people like me dreaming of plonking with a beast of an engine and enjoy the thrill. It would be comparable to a bungee jumping experience!

Wow check out the new Ford Fiesta
Its interior is supremely good, not just in quality, fit, finish, details, comfort convenience and features alone, even in space its grown to a whole new level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RF_zxnEtI
If launched in India, it'll give a run for its money to baleno and i20. I wouldn't mind shelling out a lakh or two premium for this.
Wow! This is so good looking both inside and outside. I care a damn about the space(though very spacious than outgoing model), just need the chassis and the steering and I'm ready to keep going for ever!

This is something only Fiesta owners can understand.

I don't know what's making Ford India not to launch the Ford Fiesta hatchback in India. It is the one of the most loved, frugal and driver oriented hatchback in the world. Back in the U.K people simply love Fiesta Diesel and it is a reliable one too. I don't know what happens, the same TDCI engines are not that reliable in India. Are they not quality tested for India or Ford is not serious enough to make one for India ?

Thread Starter #8
I don't know what's making Ford India not to launch the Ford Fiesta hatchback in India. It is the one of the most loved, frugal and driver oriented hatchback in the world. Back in the U.K people simply love Fiesta Diesel and it is a reliable one too. I don't know what happens, the same TDCI engines are not that reliable in India. Are they not quality tested for India or Ford is not serious enough to make one for India ?
Ford has almost killed the Fiesta brand for India,
I dont feel there will be a come back any time soon.

That said some Ford enthusiasts say Ford is considering something for Indian market in the 10-25 lakhs price bracket, some say its the Kuga and others say its some new car probably like S Cross Cross over or an MPV like Lodgy based on Fiesta platform and some say both will come to India.

As far as I am informed by 2017 November India will get the face lift Ecosport in showrooms and by 2018 July India will get new Ford Figo updated interior wise snd exterior wise and will throw a new 1.2 Dragon 3 cylinder petrol instead of current TiVCT while diesel will remain largely unchanged.

Anyway Ford is more focusing on export marketing from India rather than domestic, so I am not expecting any surprises like new Fiesta or Kuga to India from Ford.

Another fun fact is, Ford sold 59 Mustangs in India this November 2016 while Fiat could sell just 9 Abarts in India. STRANGE India.

Ford is thinking about launching KUGA or ESCAPE as it is called in some markets in 13 to 18 lakh range to rival Tucson. Ford, a couple of weeks back, has taken Indian journalists to south-east Asia to make them drive KUGA and asked for their feedback. The Diesel option they drove is the 2.0 liter 158 PS manual and 6 speed DCT that came for praise from journalists. They were also offered a drive of 1.5 ECOBOOST delivering 180 PS with both 6 speed manual and DCT.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-news/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-ford-kuga-19643.htm

FORD also informed Indian journalists that they may consider launching AWD at a later stage. FORD has already imported a KUGA and large quantity of parts associated with it to develop KUGA for India. This was confirmed by a person working with Ford.

Post success of Ecosport and seeing the growth of SUV market in India, Ford would be interested in launching another SUV in India to sit between Ecosport and ENDEAVOUR.

But, before that we could be seeing the launch of FIGO Active which was recently unveiled in Brazil. Fiesta though is a far cry for Indians as of now.

Last edited:

Top Bottom