Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
jagipacevrevent141116006-resize-1024x682.JPG

jagipacevrevent141116020-resize-1024x682.JPG

jagipacevrevent141116016-resize-1024x682.JPG

crophero-jagipacestudioexterior14111606-1200x462.jpg

cropthumbnail-jagipacestudiointerior14111601-resize-1434x1074-crop-1140x814.jpg

cropthumbnail-jagipaceinfoconceptprimenumbers141116-resize-1269x834-crop-1140x814.jpg

cropthumbnail-jagipaceinfoconceptwhatliesbeneath141116-resize-1269x834-crop-1140x814.jpg

The Jaguar I-PACE Concept previews a production car that will hit roads in 2018. It will be the smartest five-seater sports car; a performance car, a family car and an SUV all in one. Its groundbreaking design, true Jaguar performance and competitive range and charging times will make it the first real electric alternative to a traditional premium SUV.
Jaguar Official Media

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #2

Akash1886

Honoured Member
JAGUAR I-PACE CONCEPT NAMED MOST SIGNIFICANT CONCEPT VEHICLE OF 2017

Ian Callum with I-PACE Concept.jpg

Jaguar I-PACE Concept.jpg

Jaguar I-PACE Concept takes overall prize at 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards

I-PACE Concept achieves highest overall score to win Most Significant Concept Vehicle

Ground-breaking concept also awarded Production Preview Concept of the Year

Previewing Jaguar’s first all-electric vehicle, I-PACE will be on the road in 2018

4th August 2017 – The Jaguar I-PACE Concept has been named Most Significant Concept Vehicle of 2017 at the 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards. As well as achieving the highest overall score to take away the top honour, Jaguar’s all-electric performance SUV also won the Production Preview Concept of the Year category.

The awards, held at the Concours d’Elegance of America, recognise those vehicles most likely to shape the future of the automobile industry. More than two dozen jurors participated in a selection process that involved a total of 24 vehicles, each introduced to North America during this season's auto shows in Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto and New York.

Praised for its beautiful and futuristic design, the I-PACE Concept was described by judge Ashly Knapp as a ‘landmark in automotive technology’. Juror Lauren Fix said: “Jaguar has completely improved the brand in so many ways, and the I-PACE Concept presents the new direction.”

One of the most visually arresting concepts ever produced by Jaguar, the all-electric performance SUV takes full advantage of the packaging freedom offered by electrification. It previews Jaguar’s first electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be on the road in the second half of 2018.

Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design, said: “Our challenge was to design an electric vehicle that’s distinctively and unmistakably a Jaguar – and one which demonstrates that an electric vehicle can be visually dramatic as well as practical. I think that the Jaguar I-PACE Concept has done exactly that, and is clearly at the forefront of the trend for more beautiful, more desirable electric vehicles. We’re very proud of it, and we’re delighted that the North American jurors have recognised us for succeeding in our mission by awarding the I-PACE Concept the 2017 Concept Car of the Year.”
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
FRONT-ROW SEATS AT GLOBAL PREMIERE OF ALL-ELECTRIC JAGUAR I-PACE

Jaguar Image.jpg

· New all-electric I-PACE to be unveiled on Jaguar social channels in live global broadcast at 19:00 CET on 1 March

· I-PACE is Jaguar’s first electric vehicle and the newest member of the PACE family

· Pricing and specifications to be announced and order books open for full configurations

· Official public debut of I-PACE will be at the Geneva Motor Show on 6 March

· Watch the live I-PACE reveal on 1 March:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpyh-4q661g

Whitley, UK, 26 February 2018 – Jaguar will livestream the global premiere of its first electric vehicle (EV), the I-PACE, at 19:00 CET on 1 March.

Thousands of prospective customers have already pressed the ‘I want one’ button to register their interest in the hotly anticipated electric performance SUV, and Jaguar is responding by throwing the doors to its live-reveal wide open by hosting an online broadcast on its social channels.

Full pricing and specifications will be announced and order books opened for full configurations immediately following the reveal.

The I-PACE is Jaguar’s newest member of the PACE family and is the EV drivers have been waiting for, delivering sustainable sports car performance, all-wheel-drive agility and five-seat SUV practicality.

Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design, said: “Since revealing the I-PACE Concept in 2016, we have been counting down to this moment. The all-electric I-PACE is not only a pioneer within our business, it promises to revolutionise the industry. Never before have I been so excited for a launch – the world is watching with great anticipation and I cannot wait for the world to see everything we have achieved with this car.”

The I-PACE will be capable of rapid charging from zero to 80 per cent in 45 minutes* and has been rigorously tested across extremes of terrain and temperatures from -40°C to 40°C.

With over 1.5 million test miles and a further 11 000 hours of rig simulations completed by more than 200 production prototypes, Jaguar’s design and engineering teams have created a world-class all-electric SUV.

The official public debut of I-PACE will be at the Geneva Motor Show on 6 March.
Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
JAGUAR I-PACE CHARGES AHEAD IN EV RACE

unnamed.jpg

· Jaguar unveils all-electric I-PACE in live global broadcast ahead of public debut at Geneva Motor Show 6th March

· Audience watch live as I-PACE comes to life in one of the world’s most advanced electric vehicle (EV) production facilities

· Jaguar brings over 80 years of automotive experience to the EV market

· Hosted by British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, TV presenter and EV enthusiast, Jonny Smith and American tech guru, iJustine

· Nine year olds Lola and Hudson give Jack Whitehall an I-PACE technology tour: Watch here

· Electrifying performance, super car looks, 480km* range and rapid charging place Jaguar at the forefront of the EV revolution

· To meet the creators and the makers of I-PACE tune in to ‘Fully Charged’ documentary

· I-PACE on sale now from £63,495** in the UK

· Watch the I-PACE reveal here

*Based on European WLTP cycle

**Price excludes government incentives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpyh-4q661g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsqUy4VEJ4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E756aELB73s

New All-Electric Jaguar I-PACE (1).jpg

New All-Electric Jaguar I-PACE (2).jpg

New All-Electric Jaguar I-PACE (3)-min.jpg

Graz, Austria, 1 March 2018 – Jaguar’s first all-electric production vehicle, the I-PACE, has been unveiled to the world in a live broadcast.

British comedian and actor, Jack Whitehall, self-proclaimed EV enthusiast and TV presenter Jonny Smith and American tech guru iJustine, hosted a special live show as the first I-PACE rolled off the production line in Plant Graz, Austria, one of the world’s most advanced EV production facilities, where the car will be built.

When it came to explaining the technology behind I-PACE, host comedian Jack Whitehall enlisted the help of Jaguar’s newest vehicle experts, nine year olds Lola and Hudson. Watch it here

Ahead of this weekend’s FIA Formula E race at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez E-Prix circuit in Mexico City, the Jaguar I-PACE was pitted against both the Tesla Model X 75D and 100D in a 0mph-60mph-0mph head-to-head challenge. Panasonic Jaguar Racing’s Mitch Evans got behind the wheel to showcase the acceleration and braking power of Jaguar’s first EV against the Tesla models, driven by former IndyCar Series champion Tony Kanaan.

The I-PACE has a state-of-the-art 90kWh Lithium-ion battery and offers sports car performance of 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds alongside the practicality of a 480km range (WLTP cycle) and 0-80 per cent charging time of 40 minutes (100kW DC). Allied with its concept car looks and next-generation artificial intelligence, it is set to be the perfect everyday EV consumers have been waiting for.

‘Fully Charged’ the documentary aired at the end of the broadcast, giving a behind-the-scenes insight into the creators and makers of I-PACE. Watch it here

Designed and engineered in the UK, the I-PACE will be built in Plant Graz, Austria, as part of Jaguar Land Rover’s manufacturing partnership with Magna Steyr. It joins Jaguar’s growing family of SUVs, alongside the all-new E-PACE and multiple award-winning F-PACE.

I-PACE receives its public debut at Geneva Motor Show on 6th March.

I-PACE is on sale now from £63,495 in the UK. In addition to S, SE and HSE derivatives, there will also be a limited number of First Edition I-PACE models available.

The I-PACE has been designed and engineered by Jaguar Land Rover in the UK and the country will remain the heartland of Jaguar Land Rover’s manufacturing, engineering and design operations. Jaguar Land Rover will build the I-PACE in Austria as part of a manufacturing partnership with Magna Steyr.

Jaguar’s heritage of elegant design and breath taking performance has excited and delighted the world for over 80 years. Today’s world-class Jaguar family embodies The Art of Performance, with the remarkable, much admired and award-winning XE, XF and XJ saloons, the dramatic F-TYPE sports car, the F-PACE performance crossover – the fastest-selling Jaguar ever- and the all-new E-PACE compact performance SUV.
Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Akash1886

Honoured Member
JAGUAR I-PACE SETS PRODUCTION EV RECORD LAP TIME AT WEATHERTECH RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA AHEAD OF ROLEX MONTEREY MOTORSPORTS REUNION

● Piloted by professional racing driver Randy Pobst, the new Jaguar I-PACE HSE First Edition lapped the 11-turn road course in 1:48.18

● Watch a video of the lap

● All-electric performance SUV features twin Jaguar-designed motors with a combined 400PS and 696Nm delivering 0-100km/h in 4.8s

● The Jaguar I-PACE and I-PACE eTROPHY race car will be displayed at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, 24 - 26 August

● The world’s first all-electric production based international race series, the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY, begins in Season 5 of ABB FIA Formula E

● Available to order now, priced from £58,495 in the UK (including government incentives)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDFU3yyR3mU

Jag_I-PACE_19MY_First_Edition=.JPG

Jag_I-PACE_19MY_First_Edition.JPG

Jag_I-PACE_19MY_First_Edition_WRLS_1787_230818.JPG

Thursday 23 August 2018, Monterey, California: Jaguar has set a production EV record lap time of 1:48.18 at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca in the new all-electric I-PACE performance SUV ahead of its display at the 2018 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Jaguar brought the I-PACE to the renowned road course in the United States as part of a marketing promotion with Motor Trend Group. Piloted by professional race car driver Randy Pobst, the Photon Red I-PACE First Edition tackled the 11-turn track in completely stock trim. Pobst set what Motor Trend believes is the benchmark for the fastest lap at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca for a four-door stock production vehicle. Footage of Pobst’s lap is available online here, with more videos available on 12 September on Motor Trend App and Motor Trend YouTube channel.

Priced from £58,995 (including government incentives) and featuring all-wheel drive as standard, the I-PACE is available in three trim levels: S, SE and HSE – with an additional First Edition model available for the first year only.

The new all-electric Jaguar I-PACE makes electric vehicle (EV) ownership more exciting, accessible and practical than ever thanks to its unique design and battery technology. A 90kWh Lithium-ion battery comprising 432 pouch cells – chosen for their high energy density and superior thermal management – is able to achieve a 0-80 percent battery charge in 40 minutes using 100kW DC fast charging.

Conceived as a high-performance SUV from the outset, the I-PACE delivers engaging driving dynamics, everyday usability and comfort, with a unique balance of ride, refinement and control. Jaguar has placed the battery as low as possible between the axles, providing close to optimal 50:50 weight distribution and a low centre of gravity optimizing composure and reducing body roll.

Advanced double wishbone front and Integral Link rear suspension deliver both incredible ride comfort and the lateral stiffness needed during dynamic driving, ensuring excellent handling, grip and steering responses. The compact and lightweight suspension design features aluminium suspension links and knuckles to reduce weight, while maximizing interior space.

The I-PACE also enables the driver to select either high or low levels of regenerative braking to assist in improving efficiency and vehicle range. When high regenerative braking mode is selected the driver can experience single-pedal driving in certain conditions as the car decelerates when lifting off the accelerator; helping to reduce reliance on the brake pedal when slowing down. In fact, a maximum regenerative braking force of up to 0.4G is achievable in this mode.

Customers can configure their I-PACE at www.jaguar.com.

JAGUAR I-PACE eTROPHY

After becoming the first premium manufacturer to enter the ABB FIA Formula E Championship in 2016 with its I-TYPE 1 open wheel racecar, Jaguar announced the creation of the world’s first production battery electric vehicle race series – the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY Championship. The championship supports the launch of the I-PACE and reinforces Jaguar Land Rover’s commitment to electrification: from 2020 all new model lines will be electrified, with either battery electric, plug-in hybrid or mild hybrid options.

Just a few months after news of the championship broke at the 2017 Paris Motor Show, Jaguar announced Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (RLL) as the first team to sign on to the series, campaigning two cars. Bringing decades of experience to the series, Bobby Rahal and the RLL team moved quickly to confirm their first season driver line-up.

Veteran sports car and open-wheel racing driver Katherine Legge was confirmed as the team’s first Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY pilot during the final rounds of the 2017/18 Formula E Championship held in New York City in July. A native of the UK, Legge currently competes in the IMSA GTD class; her resume includes experience in Formula 3, Formula Renault, a Formula One test, Champ Car, Indy car, A1GP, DTM, and the first season of the Formula E championship. Additional information on Legge’s announcement with RLL can be found here.

Earlier this week it was announced that Legge would be joined by Bryan Sellers in RLL’s second car. American sports car racer Bryan Sellers also currently competes in IMSA, behind the wheel of a Lamborghini Huracán GT3. Sellers’ resume includes drives in the American Le Mans Series, Rolex Sports Car, Skip Barber Formula Dodge and winning the USF2000 National Championship in 2002. Additional information on Sellers’ announcement with RLL can be found here.

Guests to both the 2018 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and the 2018 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance will be among the first to see the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar in person. Finished in RLL race livery, the racecar will be displayed Friday and Saturday at the Jaguar pit garages at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, and Sunday on the Concept Lawn of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Up to 20 identical racecars will take to the grid from the 2018/19 ABB FIA Formula E season onwards. The Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY races will take place before the main Formula E race on the same street circuits, in some of the most iconic cities in the world. The series offers teams the chance to showcase driving talent and electric performance on the world stage in zero-emissions motorsport.

Designed, engineered and built by Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations, the all-electric Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar is powered by the same battery as the I-PACE production car and modifies the body-in-white with a purpose-built racing interior stripped of unnecessary weight, finished with the latest FIA-approved safety components.

The 90kWh battery pack found in both the production- and race-spec vehicles power dual permanent magnet motors mounted front and rear which deliver a combined 400PS and 696Nm of torque, propelling the car from 0-100km/h in 4.8s.

For more information about the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY Championship please visit: Jaguar.com/Electrification/I-PACE-e-TROPHY or follow @JaguarRacing

About Jaguar

Jaguar’s heritage of elegant design and breathtaking performance has excited and delighted the world for 80 years. Today’s world-class Jaguar family embodies the Art of Performance, with the remarkable, much admired and award-winning XE, XF and XJ saloons, the dramatic F-TYPE sports car, the F-PACE performance crossover – the fastest-selling Jaguar ever, the new E-PACE compact performance SUV and now I-PACE, the all-electric performance SUV that puts Jaguar at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution.

About Jaguar Racing

Jaguar returned to racing in October 2016, becoming the first premium manufacturer to join the all-electric ABB FIA Formula E Championship street racing series. Jaguar’s Formula E programme will create tangible R&D benefits for the electrification of future Jaguar and Land Rover road cars. Jaguar has now created the world’s first production battery electric vehicle race series, the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY, which will be the official support series for the ABB FIA Formula E Championship, starting in Season Five. The series supports the launch of the Jaguar I-PACE, Jaguar’s first battery electric vehicle, and reinforces Jaguar Land Rover’s future electrification strategy, commitment to electric street racing and ‘Race to Innovate’ mission.
Video Credit: Motor Trend Channel

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
JAGUAR I-PACE eTROPHY SERIES FULLY CHARGED WITH NEW ABB PARTNERSHIP​

ABB becomes official charging partner for Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY series, ....jpg

Jaguar I-Pace eTROPHY series racing teams will fast charge their cars wi....jpg

· Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY announces ABB as Official Charging Partner

· ABB will provide custom-made, compact Terra fast chargers for the series

· The eTROPHY series debuts in December 2018 as the main support series to the ABB FIA Formula E Championship at ten races this coming season

Silverstone Circuit, UK, 27 September 2018: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY has announced an agreement with pioneering technology leader ABB to serve as the Official Charging Partner for the new Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY series.

As part of this partnership, ABB will provide custom-made, compact fast chargers for each of the participating teams in this new electric racing series. The Terra DC fast chargers were specially designed for the series and are capable of quickly charging the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecars in the short breaks between practice, qualifying and the races. The compact design also allows for the chargers to be easily transported to the series’ 10 rounds, keeping freight to a minimum. The partnership builds on ABB’s role as title sponsor of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship and extends the company’s commitment to support and expand the future of e-mobility.

The Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY is the world’s first all-electric, production-based racing series. It will take place on the same weekends and on the same city street circuits as the ABB FIA Formula E Championship. The series, which will exclusively feature up to 20 Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecars, will give participating teams the chance to showcase racing talent and performance, while competing on the world stage in zero-emissions motorsport.

Marion Barnaby, Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY Championship Manager said: “With the inaugural Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY season fast approaching, we are incredibly excited to announce ABB as the Official Charging Partner to the championship. ABB’s ability to bring innovation and technology leadership to the series will be valued as we make history running the world’s first all-electric production-based car support series.”

Tarak Mehta, President of ABB’s Electrification Products division, said: “At ABB, we’re proud to lead the way and support pioneers in e-mobility. Partnering with Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY expands our position at the forefront of the latest electrification and digital technologies. Our compact leading edge charging solutions – including the breakthrough Terra HP, which can recharge a car in minutes – are helping to advance the exciting future of e-mobility.”

ABB’s groundbreaking Terra HP fast charger is capable of providing a typical electric vehicle with 200km (125 miles) of cruising range in just eight minutes, about the same amount of time it takes to fill up a car at a conventional gas station.

As the world leader in electric vehicle infrastructure, ABB offers the full range of charging solutions for electric cars, electric and hybrid buses as well as electrification solutions for ships and railways. ABB entered the EV-charging market back in 2010, and today has a fast growing global installed base of 8,000 ABB DC chargers, including high power chargers up to 350 kW, installed across 68 countries, more chargers than any other manufacturer.

Fortune Magazine recently ranked ABB #8 on its list of companies that are “changing the world” for the advances it has made in e-mobility and electric vehicle (EV) charging.
Regards

Akash

Now the Brits will no longer need the Tesla. And Hopefully, the Americans may want to get an iPace instead of the Tesla.

This car looks seriously good. I mean so far all the electric vehicles were quirky and odd shaped shouting "hey look I am quirky but I am electric"

With Tesla and iPace this is no longer, there are cars you would want to buy. Well pocket doesn't allow but then these are simply wonderful.

Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member
SOUND OF JAGUAR I-PACE PROTECTS ROAD USERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JwfssNI3I

Jaguar I-PACE_01.jpg

Jaguar I-PACE_02.jpg

· Jaguar has developed an Audible Vehicle Alert System (AVAS) for I-PACE, to warn vulnerable road users as the electric vehicle (EV) approaches

· Audible at speeds up to 20 km/h, potentially life-saving technology meets all forthcoming global legislation* and is permanently engaged

· British charity Guide Dogs for the Blind has lobbied for the introduction of AVAS technology and will work with Jaguar on future projects

· Jaguar engineers fine-tuned sound of AVAS on I-PACE by testing in various driving environments when developing the system

Whitley, UK, 11 October – With no engine sound, the electric Jaguar I-PACE required a new way to warn blind, visually impaired and other vulnerable road users it is approaching at low speed.

Jaguar has designed a unique Audible Vehicle Alert System (AVAS) for its first EV that meets and exceeds all forthcoming global legislation. Jaguar’s engineers have developed a sound that can be heard at speeds up to 20 km/h and exceeds the 56dB(A) minimum required by forthcoming European legislation – the strictest in the world – for all new EVs from July 2019.

The I-PACE’s sound was tested by members of Guide Dogs for the Blind, the UK’s leading charity for people affected by sight loss, as part of the testing undertaken by Jaguar. It also marks the start of an on-going relationship between the two organisations.

Iain Suffield, Jaguar NVH Technical Specialist, said: “The absence of traditional engine noise from electric vehicles creates a problem for vulnerable pedestrians, such as the blind or visually impaired. This is especially true at low speeds in town centres and car parks. We developed the Audible Vehicle Alert System for the I-PACE to ensure the safety of all road users. Our potentially life-saving technology cannot be switched off and as the leading charity for people with sight loss, we are pleased to have the support of Guide Dogs to ensure real people are at the heart of our product testing.”

Jaguar’s engineers worked for four years to develop a soundtrack that is audible yet discreet and cannot be heard from inside the vehicle. Initial attempts to create a noise inspired by the sound of sci-fi spacecraft had to be shelved after pedestrians reacted by looking up to the sky, rather than at the road, as the vehicle approached.

Engineers tested sounds in a number of environments, including an anechoic chamber (specialist echo-free room) and various urban scenarios, before settling on the final sound for the I-PACE. It is emitted from a speaker located behind the front grille, can be heard in every direction and cannot be disengaged.

The alert increases in pitch and volume in line with the speed of the vehicle and, when in reverse, is accompanied by an additional tone that indicates the change in direction. AVAS is not required at higher speeds as there is sufficient wind and tyre noise for pedestrians to hear the zero-emissions vehicle approaching.

John Welsman, Policy Business Partner (Travel & Mobility), Guide Dogs for the Blind, said: “Guide Dogs campaigned hard to make it compulsory for quiet vehicles to have sound generating systems built in and turned on, including when the vehicle is stationary at a pedestrian crossing. We applaud Jaguar for being the first to launch an EV which meets standards before the new legislation even comes in and look forward to working with the company more in the future.”

Jaguar unveiled the I-PACE, its first all-electric vehicle, earlier this year to deliver sustainable sports car performance, next-generation artificial intelligence (AI) technology and five-seat SUV practicality.

Fitted with a state-of-the-art 90kWh lithium-ion battery, two Jaguar-designed motors and a bespoke aluminium structure, the I-PACE is capable of 0-100 km/h in 4.5 s and a range of up to 470 kms (WLTP).
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member
JAGUAR’S ELECTRIC I-PACE IS GERMANY’S CAR OF THE YEAR

Jaguar IPACE Dr Ralf Speth and Ian Callum_GCOTY.jpg

• Jaguar’s first electric vehicle wins ‘German Car of the Year’ award against 58 competitors

• Jury of 12 expert journalists chose the I-PACE electric performance SUV after a demanding series of tests

• I-PACE and E-PACE both shortlisted for Women's World Car of the Year Award

Kronberg, Germany, October 30, 2018 – The Jaguar I-PACE electric performance SUV has won the 2019 German Car of the Year Award. The British brand’s first fully electric vehicle (EV) earned the most votes from a panel of 12 expert journalists who drove 59 cars in a series of comparison tests. They loved the groundbreaking I-PACE’s blend of driving dynamics, performance and style.

Jens Meiners, German Car of the Year Award jury member and spokesman, said: “The Jaguar I-PACE is not only the first premium electric vehicle from an established manufacturer, it also makes uncompromising use of the advantages of an electrified vehicle architecture.

Its performance is impressive, and its design and practicality stand out, which is why theI-PACE ultimately was the winner against strong competition.

The British EV topped a shortlist of five to win the award. The jury evaluated the design, performance, ride, handling, future viability and general relevance of each model on the road and at the Bilster Berg circuit.

Accepting the award, Prof. Dr. Ralf Speth, Jaguar Land Rover CEO, said: “We are extremely proud to receive this honour from the German media for our first fully electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE. To get such an award in the homeland of premium brands is very precious.”

The I-PACE has also been shortlisted for the Women’s World Car of the Year Award, along with its sister car the E-PACE compact performance SUV. The winner will be announced on 12 November.
Regards

Akash

Jaguar I-Pace should be the next savior for JLR in these challenging times. Good set of numbers desperately needed by Jaguar to stay afloat as their IC engine powered cars are not at all doing good and need a facelift asap. XE, E-Pace, XF, XJ - all are down in their respective segments. Really sad to see XE and E-Pace launched with much fan fare didn't helped Jaguar partly due to cheap interiors and bulky built with those not so refined 2.0 L engines.

Thread Starter #15

Akash1886

Honoured Member
JAGUAR I-PACE NAMED BBC TOPGEAR MAGAZINE EV OF THE YEAR

Jaguar_I-PACE.JPG

· All-electric Jaguar I-PACE named BBC TopGear Magazine EV of the Year

· Award joins a number of accolades including German Car of the Year, Sunday Times Car of the Year and Autocar’s Game Changer

· I-PACE has won 19 awards globally since launch in March 2018

· With a range of 292 miles (WLTP) and acceleration from 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds, the I-PACE is a cutting-edge zero emissions performance SUV

· Jaguar’s first all-electric vehicle is available to order now, priced from £59,995 (including government incentives)

Whitley, Coventry, Tuesday 27th November – The Jaguar I-PACE all-electric SUV has been named BBC TopGear Magazine EV of the Year, praised by the judges for being “blissfully peaceful, searingly quick and supremely stable.”

I-PACE’s innovations and cutting-edge engineering have secured it 19 major awards globally since its launch on 1 March 2018, including German Car of the Year, Scottish Car of the Year, Sunday Times Car of the Year, Auto Express New Car of the Year and Autocar’s Game Changer title.

Nothing else on the road looks or drives like the Jaguar I-PACE. It is designed and engineered to take full advantage of its smart electric powertrain and maximise the potential this packaging brings. With two Jaguar-designed electric motors placed at each axle, producing a combined output of 400PS and 696Nm, I-PACE delivers all-wheel drive sports car performance with 0-60mph taking just 4.5 seconds.

The I-PACE is able to achieve a 0-80 percent battery charge in 40-minutes (100kW DC), while home charging with an approved Jaguar AC wall box (7kW) will achieve the same state of charge in just over ten hours – ideal for the overnight charging used by the majority of buyers.

Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design, said: “We’re delighted to see the I-PACE named EV of the Year by BBC TopGear Magazine. As our first all-electric Jaguar we set out with a goal to make the I-PACE the world's most desirable electric vehicle and recognition like this clearly shows that we are achieving it."

The I-PACE calculates range using the most accurate system Jaguar has ever produced, taking into account route topography, climate conditions and driver inputs.

It is Jaguar’s first vehicle to include the Touch Pro Duo infotainment system, capable of over-the-air software updates, and uses artificial intelligence to adapt to a driver’s personal preferences, ensuring driving and infotainment settings are matched to each individual using the car.
Regards

Akash

Top Bottom