Hyundai Kona Electric CUV Launched in India

Re: Hyundai's New CUV Rivaling Jeep & Nissan

Hyundai's Compact /SUV based on i20 with interior layout from the i30, is specific to Europe and is named KONA.

Speculated to be unveiled in Q4 2017, the compact is spied in a photo shoot in Europe. Will rival Nissan's Juke , Renault Kaptur and Suzuki Vitara.

111.jpg
112.jpg
h04ysjab1q3z (1).jpg

Hyundai Kona spotted undisguised during video shoot

Hyundai;s Kona doing road tests in Spain, seems inspired by Renault's Captur!
To be unveiled on June 13th.

New-Hyundai-Kona-1.jpg
New-Hyundai-Kona-3.jpg
New-Hyundai-Kona-4.jpg

Source- CarScoops

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Looks like an Inflated Hatchback.
Don't they already have i20 active, and then the creta for these markets?

Rather they would have thought of 7 seater MPV, where INDIAN market have lot of demand. This design doesn't seems to suitable for Indian customer.

From the past year observation, I feel such design do not make a better market place and within a year they have to revamp the design.

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
From the past year observation, I feel such design do not make a better market place and within a year they have to revamp the design.
Buddy, based purely on design, I would say, if we can pass-off the Ignis, then this one can survive too provided Hyundai doesn't overprice it like Creta.

Regards

Akash

Just like Etios Liva Cross or i20 Elite Active, I feel it's like Tuscon Cross / Tuscon Active.

If this is going to be rival of Jeep Compass, I don't think so it is going to be priced lesser than Tuscon. All Hyundai cars are overpriced now days anyways.

Buddy, based purely on design, I would say, if we can pass-off the Ignis, then this one can survive too provided Hyundai doesn't overprice it like Creta.

Regards

Akash
According to me Ignis may knock the doors of customer with such taste. Also Ignis or Kona is not really bad, but my point is they have to revamp the design very quickly to boost up the sales.

Tata Bolt is the better example of it.

According to me Ignis may knock the doors of customer with such taste. Also Ignis or Kona is not really bad, but my point is they have to revamp the design very quickly to boost up the sales.
Hyundai Kona is to rival Nissan Juke ( in EUROPE) and is a segment above Creta, most variants will fall in the XUV territory.

Hyundai as of now has no plans of offering this in India

Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hyundai Kona is to rival Nissan Juke ( in EUROPE) and is a segment above Creta, most variants will fall in the XUV territory.
I know it buddy that its a segment above vehicle but my point was Hyundai shouldn't overprice it just like a Creta. I wasn't comparing it to Creta or the Creta segment.

Regards

Akash

Hyundai unveils its new crossover KONA. The Kona sits below the Santa Fe and Tucson in Hyundai’s SUV line-up, and the firm hopes that it will help expand its customer base – particularly in Europe.

Hyundai Kona pricing: expected to cost from £15,000.

The Kona has a ground clearance of 170mm to offer ‘a true SUV experience’. It features an all-steel body.

The two petrol engines available at launch will be a 1.0L T-GDI with a six-speed manual transmission and a 1.6L T-GDI with a seven-speed dual clutch transmission and all-wheel drive.

The 1.0L unit will produce 118bhpm, with a 0-62mph time of 12.0sec and a top speed of 112mph. It produces 127lb ft of torque at 1500-4000rpm

The more powerful 1.6-litre petrol unit has 174bhp with 195lb ft of torque at 1500-4000rpm. It can achieve 0-63mph in 7.9sec, with a top speed of 127mph.

The 1.6-litre diesel is due to arrive in the European market at some point in 2018, although it's not yet confirmed.
When fitted with the seven-speed box, both petrol and diesel models will feature two driver modes: Normal and Sport, the latter of which holds onto gears for longer between shifts.

The Kona is 4165mm long and 1800mm wide, with a height 1550mm and a wheel base of 2600mm.

The Kona has a ground clearance of 170mm to offer.
2.JPG 5.jpg 3.jpg

link

Top Bottom