All-New Suzuki S-Cross Facelift Unveiled

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The 2016 Face-lift of SX4 Cross (Called as S-Cross in India) has been spied for 1st time.

210130855909951827.jpg

13419724941478026628.jpg

405704541314687657.jpg

7745137681800278094.jpg

The 2016 Suzuki SX4 S-Cross facelift has been spied for the first time.
Camouflaged to look like a BMW, the facelifted model has a new front bumper, a revised grille and restyled headlights. The changes are less noticeable out back but appear to include updated taillights.

Little else is known about the model but the current SX4 S-Cross can be equipped with two 1.6-liter four-cylinder engines. The petrol variant produces 120 PS (88 kW) and 156 Nm (115 lb-ft) of torque, while the diesel develops 120 PS (88 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque.
Link

Regards

Akash

2017 suzuki S- cross spied

The camouflaged prototype was caught testing in Europe, sometime in august, appears to feature a redesigned bumper, grille and headlamps.
2016-Suzuki-SX4-S-Cross-25.jpg
Now, an undisguised photo of the same has emerged online, which were reportedly clicked during a Suzuki dealer meet in France. According to rushlane "Compared to the current S-cross, which looks more like a larger hatchback, the face-lifted version looks more like an SUV. It has a beefed up front, sculpted bonnet with muscular creases, revised headlight cluster with projector headlamps and LED DRLs, front grille gets vertical chrome slats with a Suzuki badge in the centre. It also appears that the ground clearance too has been increased. Lower bumper houses circular foglights, silver skid plate and a black plastic cladding. On the side, you get plastic cladding on the lower part of the doors, as well as on the wheel arches. Other visible features include silver side skirts, new alloys, sunroof, body coloured ORVM and door handles with blacked B pillar. Overall, the leaked photo does seem that Suzuki designer had one of the BMW X SUVs in mind while designing the facelifted S-Cross."
2017-Maruti-Suzuki-S-Cross-Facelift-1-810x428.jpg
to me front looks like a cross between BMW and Jeep.[;)]

Re: 2017 suzuki S- cross spied

I personally find the new face ugly! But anyway there is some thought put in to facelift present not so stylish s-cross!

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: All New Maruti Suzuki SX4 Crossover Facelift

Suzuki reveals the facelift SX4 S Cross in Hungary,
The front end is utterly disappointing. The chrome grill looks ugly and the tail lamps are on lines of Brezza. The body color looks elegant though.

Regards

Akash

Suzuki reveals the facelift SX4 S Cross in Hungary,
Love the new headlamps. While I love the new design, I wish they had used less Chrome. As Indians are chrome lovers, Maruti might even add more chrome bits to this car. As SCross is only selling 2500 per month, I hope Maruti will launch the facelift atleast by second quarter of 2017

Love the new headlamps. While I love the new design, I wish they had used less Chrome. As Indians are chrome lovers, Maruti might even add more chrome bits to this car. As SCross is only selling 2500 per month, I hope Maruti will launch the facelift atleast by second quarter of 2017

In real the car will not look bad as now we see the focus is on the grill. For a car of this size it may pass of well. There could be an option of having the grill in black.

For India the face-lift may not come anytime soon. They will bring the petrol variant to the market ( w/o this face-lift)

More pics of the face-lift SX4 S Cross,

13551544_1748485902084055_1221120163_n.jpg

In real the car will not look bad as now we see the focus is on the grill. For a car of this size it may pass of well. There could be an option of having the grill in black.
For India the face-lift may not come anytime soon. They will bring the petrol variant to the market ( w/o this face-lift)
True the angled car and the photo may not do justice to a car of that size. But I feel it will look far better than the current generation.

Baleno was launched here before a launch in Japan or Europe. So, I think Suzuki is changing their mindset of dumping old models in India . Atleast I hope so. As for the Petrol variant, I read its the M15 engine. Wish they used a booster jet model of K14 engine (or atleast a Booster jet of K12)

Baleno was launched here before a launch in Japan or Europe. So, I think Suzuki is changing their mindset of dumping old models in India . Atleast I hope so. As for the Petrol variant, I read its the M15 engine. Wish they used a booster jet model of K14 engine (or atleast a Booster jet of K12)
For the price and the segment the S Cross the boosterjet would not be feasible as it will attaract only enthusiasts as seen in the DDiS320 variant.

The 1.4boosterjet engine will come in Vitara, at a price (niche segment for MS buyers), in 2017.

Since S-Cross has a crossover genes so it should have a 4x4 all terrain system as an optional for some buyers.

Maruti should plan a 4x4 [ESP+TCS] variant to give INDIAN buyer an option against Duster AWD. Also Maruti will be able to start a new segment of crossovers with 4x4. Already Suzuki has AWD variant for UK market.

The design language of maruti suzuki is no design language. If fludic sells, put flluidic design elements the first generation scross.
Now if shark teeth sell, like the jeep(which is going to be launch) and MnM put the verticle grill as in the new gen scross.

Only thing that has common DNA of suzuki is the sales the car generate and of course the S logo.

Last edited:

I wanna share some facts,
These Vertical slats of the front grille add to the virtually tall upright stance than its opposite horizontal one. Overall, this design is approved to add vertical tall-ness to the front of the car, earlier which was low slung.
Undoubtedly, its side profile look has been improved & there's uniformity in that profile. Headlamps now have more balanced proportions now, as of previous version, which have completely dominated the front view till the side fenders. I think its a effort in right direction, more complete views after its launch here.

Now if shark teeth sell, like the jeep(which is going to be launch) and MnM put the verticle grill as in the new gen scross.
Might be some connection, but no specific can be linked with Jeep launch, as Jeep is going to launched in India now & this SX4 SCross facelift is a global introduction.

S Cross facelift unveiled. Coming to India with added petrol variant in Mid 2017.
13735859_633310850164524_853117811_n.jpg

3.jpg
5.jpg

Source- GW

Top Bottom