All New 2012 Honda Civic Now Unveiled

Thread Starter #1
The 2012 Honda Civic has been spied undisguised in Dubai. While details are limited, it's clear the company decided to play it safe when redesigning their bread and butter model. Styling is virtually identical to the current Civic but notable changes include modified bumpers, a new grille, a revised hood and updated head- and taillights.

Like the exterior, the cabin has a strong sense of déjà vu. The two-tier dashboard carries over, but it's slightly more raked towards the driver. Other than that, there's a revised steering wheel and a new climate control system.Engine options remain a bit of a mystery, but previous reports have indicated that the Civic may receive a new petrol and diesel mill. A dual-clutch transmission is also a possibility, but nothing is official as of yet.

YouTube - 2011-2012 Honda Civic caught testing in Dubai

source - worldcarfans.com

350Z

Core Team
Eeks…even though it looks futuristic but the car has almost lost the current design cues which made it look distinguished from the rest. Not sure, but from this video, it does not suits my taste.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Similar images have now flooded the web. If this is going to be the new Civic then Honda should not expect the same response which it got when it was launched in India. To me the current Civic(though outdated) looks far better than this. The Civic in the video is looking like a car of c segment. If this would have been a City, i would have managed to stop myself from critisizing this new design, but for a Civic this design is not acceptable.

Hell No!!
What did they do to it??[frustration]
It looks hideous. At first glance thought its facelifted Prius, which is equally Fugly.
Does Honda have this habit of ruining good cars, Just think of the OHC and NHC.
[anger]

+1 to Akash's statement! If this is the new Civic then it looks horrible! Current Civic though out-dated is the good looking car in its segment.

Thread Starter #6
:agree: fully agree with all your opinions but disagree that current civic looks dated. it is still very modern looking for me!!

It definitely looks modern Umang but its the same design from right when it was launched till now , that's the reason people mention its dated.

:agree: fully agree with all your opinions but disagree that current civic looks dated. it is still very modern looking for me!!
Yes Umang, it still looks great, but it has been around with same face since long. I want to see it in a new Avatar, but definitely not like this.

350Z

Core Team
Honda Motors has recently revealed a teaser image of the next generation Civic before it officially debuts at the Detroit Auto-Show in January.

civic-concept-sketch-630.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom