Fastest Ever Skoda Octavia vRS 230

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Skoda will showcase the fastest ever series production Octavia RS 230 at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show. Developing 230 hp from a 2.0-liter TSi motor, this go faster variant of the Octavia now holds a 10 hp advantage over the outgoing model. The additional power makes the hatchback sprint from 0 – 100 kph in 6.7 seconds, an improvement of 0.1 second, while top speed has gone up from 248 kph to a more rounded figure of 250 kph.

The Skoda Octavia RS 230 will come fitted with an electronically controlled differential front axle lock that will enable the hot-hatch to go even faster around bends, a first for any Skoda to come equipped with such technology. While the car will make its debut next month, buyers will only be able to queue up at dealerships beginning June, when Skoda starts shipping the car out for sale. Will any of those reach our shores? The possibility looks bleak, considering the manufacturer’s current status in India.

Source: Motoroids

Fastest ever Skoda Octavia RS 230 to premiere at the Geneva Motor Show

Just imagine if it did come to india, what person will not ditch it for a BMW or Merc or Audi? Considering the price tag which the regular Octavia here in India holds , we can easily expect this to cross 32 lacs. Anyways nowdays only a little amount of pure enthusiasts want a fast petrol, most of us ( including me) want a fast diesel. Anyways Skoda's reliablitiy isnt exactly something you want to mention these days.

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended
Re: Fastest ever Skoda Octavia RS 230 to premiere at the Geneva Motor Show

Just imagine if it did come to india, what person will not ditch it for a BMW or Merc or Audi? Considering the price tag which the regular Octavia here in India holds , we can easily expect this to cross 32 lacs. Anyways nowdays only a little amount of pure enthusiasts want a fast petrol, most of us ( including me) want a fast diesel. Anyways Skoda's reliablitiy isnt exactly something you want to mention these days.

I want a fast petrol anyday. But yes, the pricing may be in BMW territory.

fast diesels? are you kidding me?
there's a reason sports cars aren't diesels and petrol SUVs

What's there to kidd in this? Those who want a sports car can go get whatever they want but, for some people like me and many of the middle class TAI community, I think many people agree with me. Petrol isn't affordable to all my friend. People want economy and at the same time they want power. None of the fuels except for diesel and electricity ( if it can be called a fuel) are the ones which deliver economy and power at the same time. Diesels are no longer old school, some turbo diesels can beat a petrol car. An example being the Merc e class diesel beating the merc e class petrol. Why don't you bring a 530i and have a drag race with 530d? I'm hundred percent sure that 530d will equal 530i if not beat it. By insulting diesel remember you insult evey person who owns a fast diese i.e me and tons of more people. Those days are over when petrol's used to rule the roost, diesels are right next to them now.

Last edited:

What's there to kidd in this? Those who want a sports car can go get whatever they want but, for some people like me and many of the middle class TAI community, I think many people agree with me. Petrol isn't affordable to all my friend. People want economy and at the same time they want power. None of the fuels except for diesel and electricity ( if it can be called a fuel) are the ones which deliver economy and power at the same time. Diesels are no longer old school, some turbo diesels can beat a petrol car. An example being the Merc e class diesel beating the merc e class petrol. Why don't you bring a 530i and have a drag race with 530d? I'm hundred percent sure that 530d will equal 530i if not beat it. By insulting diesel remember you insult evey person who owns a fast diese i.e me and tons of more people. Those days are over when petrol's used to rule the roost, diesels are right next to them now.
I'm sorry for not being clear in my post, I'm not insulting diesel or diesel car owners, I know diesel runs the economy of the country and majority of people prefer diesel vehicle for commuting, even petrol is carried in a diesel vehicle :P and its not feasible for many to use petrol vehicle for high running. but you can't deny the fact that diesel just have more torque not the power, in petrol we can hold gears for longer and this makes them ideal for sportscars.

Both are great fuel for their purpose. with the future being electric beating them both (or plug in hybrids) I don't think our discussion will make any sense in future :P

coming back to your question - here's the answer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU4f_NwAfUs

Last edited:

What's there to kidd in this? Those who want a sports car can go get whatever they want but, for some people like me and many of the middle class TAI community, I think many people agree with me. Petrol isn't affordable to all my friend. People want economy and at the same time they want power. None of the fuels except for diesel and electricity ( if it can be called a fuel) are the ones which deliver economy and power at the same time. Diesels are no longer old school, some turbo diesels can beat a petrol car..............
For those who are wondering why there are no diesel sports car,then the answer for them is here-The AUDI NANUK-the fastest ever diesel sports car,powered by a newly-developed 5.0-litre V10 TDI engine. The 1900kg Nanuk is consequently capable of reaching 62mph in 3.8sec!!! and reputed to average 36.2mpg.Yes,the things have changed,in future we may see diesel sports cars in race tracks.

Top Bottom