Check out the 600cc Auto Rickshaw!

I appreciate the guy's efforts, but he could have made a ATV or quadbike instead of the rickshaw. I mean, the rick might not have the potential to really use the full potential of the 600 cc motor. On a side note, it is great that the guy got hold of an Indian brand auto out there.

P.S. I've not watched the video yet, so I'm sorry if I missed something. It's just my crappy internet connection [sleep]

Most of the videsi's who come to Kerala travel by auto rikshaw. they go in there till goa or calcutta on the other side. however a vedesi loving the desi its just awesome[clap]

Hoohoo!
Just think what will happen if Bajaj sells the auto rickshaw with the Ninja 650 engine like the above video showing Honda CBR's 600cc engine!(Bajaj can't use Honda's technology so, use the Kawasaki's!).
If this sells here, A concept of Auto rickshaw racing will soon start!!![:D]

The one bajaj showcased and we hear they are working to launch their first small car shall be based on this then,600cc 1L pricing small car.

@vijay i think its for commercial use only not personal use this is wat i had heard back in 2013 when it was launched.wait lemme check,aaah here it is.

The Bajaj RE60 is an inexpensive, rear-engined, four-passenger quadricycle[2][3] built by the Indian company Bajaj Auto and is aimed primarily at the Indian domestic market. The car was the first four-wheeler manufactured by Bajaj Auto, which was unveiled on 3 January 2012.[4] Bajaj RE60 was expected to challenge the Tata Nano in India.[5] However, the RE60 is not legally classified as a car and therefore cannot be sold to individuals.

On 22 May 2013, The Central Government legally classified it as a quadricycle.[2] It is unable to reach speeds of 90 km/h and is therefore only allowed to be used for commercial purposes to replace Auto rickshaws.[6]

History

In 2010, Bajaj Auto announced the cooperation with Renault and Nissan Motor to develop of a US$ 2,500 car, aiming at a fuel-efficiency of 30 kilometres per litre (85 mpg-imp; 71 mpg-US) (3.3 L/100 km), or twice an average small car, and carbon dioxide emissions of 100 g/km.[7][8]
Bajaj Auto first unveiled the Bajaj RE60 on 3 January 2012, at the 2012 Auto Expo in Delhi.[9] Bajaj Auto was best known for scooters and three-wheel auto-rickshaws, and is India’s second-largest two-wheeled vehicle maker and is a world leader in three-wheeled vehicles. RE60 is Bajaj’s first foray into the four-wheel market. At its unveiling, the company announced that the car had high fuel efficiency of 35 km/l (99 mpg-imp; 82 mpg-US) and low carbon dioxide emissions.[10] With a fare meter included in the base model’s dashboard, the firm is targeting auto-rickshaw drivers by offering a four wheeler as economical to run as a three wheeler, but safer and more comfortable.

courtesy:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bajaj_RE60

Last edited:
incarnation, sir i am aware of their RE series which is for the commercial launches, for commercial passenger rickshaw as well as on same platform loading tempo.
All i am saying is that they might be working on the small car which they showcased is what i heard of, 600cc and below 1L pricing.Not sure though is this right or just a news.

Re: Check out the 600cc Auto Rickshaw! (In Action)

The latest video shows the 600CC rickshaw in action; in addition to adding the 600CC 100BHP engine the rickshaw has been upgraded with a pair of AK47 rifles, Uzi automatic guns and a flame thrower at the back. Although the guns are just replicas, fire that is spat from the back is very much real, 15 feet real.
Colin enthusiastically demonstrates all that his Tuk600 is capable of on road, like wheelie, opposite lock drifting and donuts. God forbid an Indian auto waala gets his hands on this mean machine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y93MYaTx6M#t=128

Source: Bajaj rickshaw with with 600cc engine in action [Video]

Top Bottom