Ford EcoSport Facelift 2015

Thread Starter #1
EcoSport deletes the rear mounted spare wheel - With dimensions seem the same, no idea yet on the location of the spare wheel though[:)]
spyshots-2015-ford-ecosport-deletes-unsightly-spare-wheel_2.jpg
Two long years passed since the EcoSport became a global product, but Ford only now listened to the public and decided to delete that fugly rear-mounted wheel for 2015.
EcoSport will certainly receive some minor cabin updates too, most notably updated infotainment and slightly better materials.
As for transmission options, a five-speed stick shift and a six-speed dual clutch PowerShift automatic transmission could be there.

Spyshots: 2015 Ford EcoSport Deletes Unsightly Spare Wheel - autoevolution

Last edited:
Worth waiting for Ford Ecosport 2016?

I am planning to buy Ford Ecosport Ecoboost model. I'm not sure whether to wait for the 2016 model or to go with the current one? What are the enhancements in the 2016 model? Can you please list them? In which month will it be launched? Is waiting for 2016 model worth? If you can please help me decide than it'll be great! Thanks in advance! :)

If you are interested in petrol, I dont think, you should wait. The changes in petrol would be mostly cosmetic and might be more pricey as well. The diesel engine is the one, worth waiting for.

Thank you Sambit :) Yes, I'm interested in Petrol! The fun to drive petrol is just awesome. I heard that there will be some suspension tweaks to the new model and the new model will be better noise insulated. So was a bit confused to go with the current one or updated one! I'll consider your suggestion! Thanks once again :)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
now we got face-lifted Ecosport undisguised
Actually dear, this is not the facelift model. This is present model that is in use just spied in stockyard. The facelift model will not get the rear hatch-gate mounted spare wheel and some more changes. Though one thing I love and i.e the body color. I haven't seen this color in Ecosport.

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Actually dear, this is not the facelift model. This is present model that is in use just spied in stockyard. The facelift model will not get the rear hatch-gate mounted spare wheel and some more changes. Though one thing I love and i.e the body color. I haven't seen this color in Ecosport.

Regards

Akash
For indian market i don't think they are removing the spare wheel from that place.

Regards

Akash
But i heard from sources that Ford will never remove the rear mounted spare wheel from ecosport since it gives an identity to it in Indian market. The new color and red board made me believe that it's indeed the face-lifted version since ford will not try to inject a version in between the current and new one. Already it's experiencing a fall down from people waiting for new version.

Source:

Ford Ecosport Facelift: India-bound model will continue to come with external spare wheel | Latest Car News & Live Updates at OnCars.in

2016 Ford EcoSport facelift India launch by 2015-end, rear-mounted spare wheel to stay

Akash1886

Honoured Member
For indian market i don't think they are removing the spare wheel from that place.
But i heard from sources that Ford will never remove the rear mounted spare wheel from ecosport since it gives an identity to it in Indian market.
From the same source as your's Rateesh, I am placing 2 pics of face-lift Ecosport sighted in India. Though, It may be possible that new Ecosport shall be upgraded feature wise but necessarily not in external looks. Lets wait for official announcement.[:)]

ForumRunner_20150705_160649.png_LR.jpg

ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1436094698.478526.jpg

Regards

Akash

:offtopic:

Recently,I am seeing people quoting from T BHp site.AFAIK that site have lots of information which is dual in nature.People fight over it in that forum.Can't we just avoid quoting from that forum.Other than British English love,I couldn't find any forum like appeal in that site. Please note: Quoting from Auto magazine websites is a different thing.

Top Bottom