Chevrolet Sells One Million Beats Worldwide

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
General Motors has managed to sell 1 Million Chevrolet Beat worldwide (Known as Spark elsewhere).

> This car is on sale across 71 countries.

> In United States, the sales of Beat are 10% up YoY

> Most popular in South Korea, followed by United States and Mexico

> In 2014, Beat is the only small car to earn IIHS Top Safety Pick designation

> Earlier this year, General Motors also announced the sale of its 3 millionth Cruze worldwide

> Lightweight, high-strength steels constitute 60% of Beat’s under body and 40% of its upper body

Alan Batey said:
“Our small segment vehicles attract more new car buyers to Chevrolet than any other vehicles in the lineup, with more than 60 percent of buyers never owning a Chevy before.”
Chevrolet-Beat-USA.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thank you for the News Mr.350Z ! The Birthplace of our Dear Matiz was in North Korea.So people there would defenitly know It's Succesor,The Beat !! It continues the One Big Tag "Safety" One what the Matiz was all about back then.But,Guys I gotta tell you The Beat Sold as Spark in US,looks and is Much better than the Beat in Sold in India.any feautures were Deleted whereas the Matiz only had Dual Airbags and Alloy wheels deleted in India.And Also the Beat is Hugely Underrated and Underappriciated in India.It ain't doing well in here.Hope things change here.But Anyway Kudos to Chevy and Daewoo for Producing one of the best Hatchs ever made.Proud to be a Matiz and Beat Fan !

OT-Mr.350Z,I highly request you to create a Review of the New Beat in India.Hope I don't sound Stupid.Thank you

And Also the Beat is Hugely Underrated and Underappriciated in India.It ain't doing well in here.Hope things change here.But Anyway Kudos to Chevy and Daewoo for Producing one of the best Hatchs ever made.Proud to be a Matiz and Beat Fan !

OT-Mr.350Z,I highly request you to create a Review of the New Beat in India.Hope I don't sound Stupid.Thank you
I accept that bharathbibb claims. Beat is a highly Underrated Car in India. While i purchased Beat, people in my area were unaware of the Diesel engine that Beat has and is competitively priced. I blame Chevy India for not Introducing Beat to the normal Indians.

Thank you for the News Mr.350Z ! The Birthplace of our Dear Matiz was in North Korea.So people there would definitely know It's Successor,The Beat !! It continues the One Big Tag "Safety" One what the Matiz was all about back then.But,Guys I gotta tell you The Beat Sold as Spark in US,looks and is Much better than the Beat in Sold in India.any features were Deleted whereas the Matiz only had Dual Airbags and Alloy wheels deleted in India.And Also the Beat is Hugely Underrated and Underappriciated in India.It ain't doing well in here.Hope things change here.But Anyway Kudos to Chevy and Daewoo for Producing one of the best Hatchs ever made.Proud to be a Matiz and Beat Fan !

It did great at the time of launch. The best mileage after Indica, no wonder. But after some days the launch of Grand (i10) Diesel made the sales of Beat come crashing down.
Yeah, kudos to GM!!

Proud owner of one.

I dont think it is grand i10 made the the sales of Beat come crashing down.If you check out you can see only Beat diesel LS version is VFM. Beat is only 1000cc, 3 cyclinder small hatch back. at the price of LT diesel, you can get the lower, middle varients of indica,ritz,swift,vista. Also the bad name of GM here in india made prospective owners move to other brands.

Releesh said:
I don't think it is Grand i10 made the the sales of Beat come crashing down. If you check out you can see only Beat diesel LS version is VFM. Beat is only 1000cc, 3 cylinder small hatch back. At the price of LT diesel, you can get the lower, middle variants of Indica, Ritz, Swift, Vista. Also the bad name of GM here in India made prospective owners move to other brands.
:agree:, you can get cars from a segment above at the same price but what I was talking about was mileage - of which the Indica gives you enough but it's got not much features many people want these days (climate control, good MID, etc) but thinking it has good space, some people opt for it. Now, the Beat is next on features, but lesser on mileage. But the features compensate for that. Now enter the Grand - It's LOADED with features, is more on mileage, and maybe even cheaper. That's what people want, isn't it? And as you said, GM has a bad name in India, so it's sone par suhaana.

I meant that [:)]

:agree:, you can get cars from a segment above at the same price but what I was talking about was mileage - of which the Indica gives you enough but it's got not much features many people want these days (climate control, good MID, etc) but thinking it has good space, some people opt for it. Now, the Beat is next on features, but lesser on mileage. But the features compensate for that. Now enter the Grand - It's LOADED with features, is more on mileage, and maybe even cheaper. That's what people want, isn't it? And as you said, GM has a bad name in India, so it's sone par suhaana.

I meant that [:)]
neither grand i10 is cheaper not it is having milage comparable to beat

neither grand i10 is cheaper not it is having milage comparable to beat
I may be wrong, but at the time Beat delivered 24 Km/l, Hyundai came out with the Grand, with 25.44 Km/l. Later, Chevy corrected and 25.44'ed the Beat. And that is probably why you are saying so.

That is, if my memory serves me right.
P.S. I am talking about the Diesel variants.

And welcome to the forum :smile:

Top Bottom