Grand Vitara, Splash (Ritz) and Alto (A-Star) To Be Axed Globally

Thread Starter #1
Suzuki is set to cut the Suzuki Grand Vitara, Splash and Alto from its line-up, with new models on the way. This is inline with Suzuki's strategy of
releasing new models specifically for Europe.
car_photo_522709.jpg
No more Grand Vitaras will be available when existing stock is sold from showrooms, probably by the end of the year.
SX4 - S Cross will now be the biggest model Suzuki will sell.
The Vitara name will live on, however, in the recently announced new supermini-SUV, which will be on display at October’s Paris show.
The Alto, meanwhile, is likely to be discontinued next spring following the arrival of Celerio.​
End of the road for Suzuki Grand Vitara and Alto | Auto Express?

Last edited:
Re: Grand Vitara Splash (Ritz) and Alto (A Star) to be axed

Alto & Vitara got some replacements, how about Ritz? I always have a soft corner towards Ritz (somehow Ritz looks appealing to me)

Thread Starter #3
Re: Grand Vitara Splash (Ritz) and Alto (A Star) to be axed

Alto & Vitara got some replacements, how about Ritz? I always have a soft corner towards Ritz (somehow Ritz looks appealing to me)
IMO, Ritz will continue in the Indian market but for Europe Suzuki could develop another strategy. Seems the YRA (code name) which is being developed as a Premium hatch and also a NEW Swift is rumoured to come in 2016 - Basically Celerio, Swift, YRA will cover the hatchbacks in 2016 for Europe.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Ritz could be discontinued in India paving the way for Swift and its Premium Hatch YRA by end 2015

Source:ET

Top Bottom