Toyota Fortuner 2016 Caught Testing in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
The new Fortuner will be based on the Toyota New Global Architecture or TNGA platform.
2016-Toyota-Fortuner-2.jpg
2016-Toyota-Fortuner-1.jpg
This platform will also be the basis for the new Innova as well as the Hilux pickup. Toyota will stick with the ladder-frame setup with TNGA, which has augmented the durability and ruggedness that the Fortuner is already associated with.
Toyota may give the 3.0l diesel engine a power update from the current 171PS. The SUV will also get updated interiors and the usual 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions with two-wheel and four-wheel drive options.

Testing of this SUV is spied on the highway close to Toyota’s Bidadi plant.

World Exclusive: 2016 Toyota Fortuner Spied Testing In India - Overdrive

Re: 2016 Toyota Fortuner spied testing in India

this pic is in thailand for sure. i can see the thai flag behind the car on the pole. what nonsense posted by overdrive!

EDIT: heck i even know the road it is been testing at in the first pic.

re: Toyota Fortuner 2016 Caught Testing; Now Innova too!

Looks like Overdrive did a Uturn & wrote its Thailand. Haha what a blunder.

Good to see the fortuner and Innova finally gets the much required upgrade. I hope the facelift doesn't come with a steep price increase. This is especially for Innova which has been getting price revisions with every minor upgrade.

Good to see the fortuner and Innova finally gets the much required upgrade. I hope the facelift doesn't come with a steep price increase. This is especially for Innova which has been getting price revisions with every minor upgrade.
I am 100% sure there would be substantial increase in the price but would they also use this opportunity to update the safety features is the question. Seeing the new corolla, I doubt they will [frustration]

^^ Thread subject need to be corrected to Thailanad.

One thing I strongly feel the new Fortuner should have, REAR DISC BRAKES. The new Isuzu MU-X, new Ford Everest/Endeavor and Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero Sport already has 4 wheel disc brakes, or at least in the top of the line variant. It should have rear disc brakes

Yes true. OD has edited their version of the scoop.

Both NEW Fortuner and Innova - 2016 have been spied in Thailand.
New Fortuner
View attachment 141024

2016 Innova
View attachment 141025

All-New 2016 Toyota Fortuner And Innova Spied In Thailand - Carlist.my Motoring
I just wonder how much of an upgrade the Fortuner will be, because Toyota is known to hardly upgrade any mechanicals, just appearance

2nd Generation Toyota Fortuner

The spy shots are very blurry, and I cannot see whether the new Fortuner has rear disc brakes or not. There are no spy shots as clear as the ones of the new Ford Endeavor/Everest.

What I know of is that the 3.0 engine would have tweaks to give off more power, and the transmission might be upgraded to a 6-speed gearbox. However, nothing is mentioned about the brakes. The mechanical specs for the current Fortuner are okay to me except for the rear drum brakes.

I find a good reason for Toyota to upgrade the Fortuner's rear brakes from drum to disc because the new Endeavor/Everest have rear disc brakes. The current Montero Sport in the Philippines have rear disc brakes (at least in the top model), the new Isuzu MU-X has rear discs. If Toyota retains its drum brakes, then they will be left behind.

Do you guys think Toyota will be smart enough to equip rear disc brakes on the second generation Fortuner?

There was also a news of a Fortuner with a 2.5L engine to be launched in India.
Is it scheduled to be launched or plans have been squashed. Any idea?

I saw the Innova being tested near Bangalore(mentioned it another thread) & only thing was rear over hang like Honda Mobilo.(could not click pic cos of early morning fog & speed breaker)
Knowing Toyota dont expect anything revolutionary,If they give rear disk brakes for the Fortuner it would be a welcome change.
As for Fortuner 2.5,it would be a joke as it hardly can power the Innova with the new emission restricted engine.
Innova has a good driving position but engine has no power,just a false feel of power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom