GM Developing New Platform-Emerging Cars

Will GM's Plan 'Amber' help Chevy ??

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi Guyz,Got this Info here about GM Developing New Platform-Emerging Cars.The Project is Code-named 'Amber'.They will bring out 3 New (Now-Non-Daewoo Cars because almost all the cars in India are only Daewoos Rebadged as Chevrolet).One Premium Hatchback,One Compact Sedan and One Compact SUV.The CEO of GM said this-"With regards to India, the priority is on the compact SUV' and I think this ain't Correct.LINK-http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-06-16/news/50624152_1_other-emerging-markets-general-motors-gm-india-lowell-paddock

My Reply to GM-This ain't gonna Work Out too !! Maybe the Compact SUV may Work

GM's is in steep Loss.From 4.19 % to 2.97 % This Year (That too on March 31).Hope this won't end up like Daewoo.

My View-

Hatchback-

Entry-level Hatchback say- Spark 800 (Engine from the Legendary Matiz) and Price it under 3.2 Lakhs.Remove the 1 Liter Engine from the Spark PS (Base).GM has to work on Entry-Level Hatchbacks.It will Definitely help GM more than those 3.Because I see an M800,Altos,Alto 800s Running EVERYWHERE !!!.Spark 800 with PS and A/C (Base Model) for 2.4 Lakhs .Spark 800 LS with PS,A/C,Front PW,Body Coloured Bumpers for 2.8 Lakhs and The Spark 800 LT with PS,AC,4 PW,Body Coloured Bumpers,Door Handles,Mirrors,Driver Airbag for 3.2 Lakhs,will get huge Appreciation and will Attract More Buyers because of people will know about Safety when looking at this car.More over it will also help in Spare Parts of Engine for Daewoo Matiz as the Engine atleast will be the same other than an ECU Remap and Ofcourse Rebadging :biggrin:

Premium Hatchback-Bring in the Cruze Hatchback and Price it Under 6 Lakhs(2nd Gen Optra SRV.Remember it ?? was a Hatchback of the Optra with High Price.was as good as the Jazz !!)

Compact SUV-Bring in The TRAX and Price it Correctly.Start Price from 6 Lakhs upto under 10 Lakhs!! This will Bring a Tough Competetion to the Ecosport

Compact Sedan-I Have No Idea !!

Poll Added.In 3rd Option,Please Post your Ideas for GM

Thank you

Last edited:
Indian people already lost their trust in GM either GM customer or not.

rebadging old/cheap chinese/korain cars not gone work here in future.

Thay should change all their models below cruze except Beat.

Spark and tavera are decade old models and still selling it here without much change showing their attitude towards Indian customers.

I would say GM is not considering the Indian market seriously.
If they had launched the Trailblazer, it would have given the Fortuner a run for it's money.
They bring cheap Chinese cars here and expect them to rake good numbers!
The age old Enjoy was launched here when the upgraded version was launched in China!
Instead of the Sail, had they launched the new Aveo, it would have been selling quite good.
The Tavera definitely needs a replacement too.
For now, the Beat and the Cruze are the only cars GM is depending on, whose sales are now going South.
Wake up GM!

Thread Starter #4
Couldn't Agree More Mr.DJ Bro,The Trailblazer Test Car was spotted in Chennai Back in 2011.A 10 Year Old would have a better Idea to Boost Sales for GM than these guys :biggrin:.GM,Please Introduce an Entry Level Hatchback (Spark 800 etc),An Entry Level Sedan (New Aveo),A Premium Hatchback (Chevy SRV with Good Price)A Compact SUV (Chevy TRAXX) Thank you

Looks like everybody is fed-up of GM and it's cars.
Since only a very few people buy GM cars now, there is no one to comment.

Top Bottom