Coming Soon: Koenigsegg Agera One:1. Will it Usurp the Mighty Veyron ?

Thread Starter #1
Just absolute bonkers stuff! :eek::eek:

Koenigsegg-Agera-One-1-rear-teaser.jpg

The Koenigsegg Agera R is about to become more insane than ever. The Swedish supercar-maker is teasing the hot new Koenigsegg Agera One: 1 ahead of its Geneva debut, and Koenigsegg promises big power, and even more impressive performance from its ultra-rare exotic. The Koenigsegg Agera One:1 is named after its power to weight ratio: one metric horsepower for every kilogram of weight. That means the 1340 kilogram (2954 pound) Swedish sensation will pack 1340 metric horsepower – 1321 hp to you and I – under its mid-mounted carbon-fiber engine cover. That's 187 hp more than what the regular Agera R's twin-turbo 5.0-liter V-8 makes. To put that in perspective, the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport 'only' makes 1184 hp using a quad-turbo 8.0-liter W-16 engine, and it weighs in at around 4100 pounds. I'll pause for a second to allow you to pick your jaw up off the floor.

Read more: 1321-HP Koenigsegg Agera One:1 Gunning for Bugatti at Geneva - Motor Trend WOT

Last edited:
[shock] Okay,now this beast is going to leave Bugatti veyron super sport eat its dust :eek: however Koenigsegg Agera one will face the challenge against Hennessey Venom GT . Lets be prepared for an heated fastest car competition this 2014.[;)]

I have a friend who stays in Sweden & is a die hard fan of Koenigsegg,visited the factory etc.We do have our discussions where as i feel Agera sounds & looks amazing it will be the Veyron which is an engineering feat & gives confidence to the driver.
But as far as car users go & reviews are concerned most likely the Veyron owner will be more confident to take the car to the top speed.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I have a friend who stays in Sweden & is a die hard fan of Koenigsegg,visited the factory etc.We do have our discussions where as i feel Agera sounds & looks amazing it will be the Veyron which is an engineering feat & gives confidence to the driver.
But as far as car users go & reviews are concerned most likely the Veyron owner will be more confident to take the car to the top speed.
i saw this video before. do check this [;)] i don't know how veyron does but this is outstanding.

Koenigsegg Agera R owns Bugatti Veyron - YouTube

Indeed the war has officially begin [lol] ! I wonder what Bugatti has in mind to answer this beast , they had already juiced it out competing with Hennessey . One will be officially unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show next month until then "Be afraid" [evil] .

That guy in the Konigg is trying really hard to impress the girl with the Stability program of the car[roll]. But since its high speed stability everyone knows its the Veyron which feels secure,The Aguera is using light weight as a strength, where as Veyron & Nissan GTR prove its weight which gives high speed stability at a diff level.

Anyways i feel Koniggs are really not that advanced when it comes to designing their cars,they lack or atleast lacked the resources.
Go to 8th min of the video(posted below),they had Top gear tell them to add a wing [lol] ,come on what was their design team made off?

Stig crashes Koenigsegg CCX - Top Gear series 8 - BBC - YouTube

As for track capability it would be like comparing Bentley Gt & Porsche 911.

Last edited:
Although I really respect the Veyron's sophistication, my main problem with it is that it isn't very fast in the real world due to its weight, neither can it go around corners! I also think that the previous fastest cars (The McLaren F1 and SSC Aero) were a bit more...dramatic, probably just down to the styling!
I really want the Agera One:1 to beat the Veyron so our fastest car can also be one that's amazing to look at and more capable of handling! [;)]

Well Konigs are not really keen to let journalists drive there cars on track,good luck finding a track review or comparison of the Agera. So Agera being a good track car is not proven as far as i am aware.
There was one video of a journo driving it at crawling speeds at a track near to their factory.

But in the name of the high speed game these cars are just playing the millionaires who buy them, cos for 20 % of the price you can have Nissan GTRs that easily top them.

Just look at Switzer variants of the Nissan GTR. Am sure give enough space they would beat the Hyper exotics. But yes they wont be completely street legal( am a GTR fan [embarass])

Now back to the Konigs they are in a dilemma i feel,they want a car that has top speed or a car that is light & good on track.

We dont see Pagani trying to beat top speeds,Konig played the Top speed card & seems to be problem for their company resources.

I love those doors on the Koenigsegg but that has really cramped things for the interior,even more cramped than the Aventador.

One thing i will hand to the Koenigsegg is they have done a brilliant job in comparison to the resources & funds they had,as lets remember Lamborghini Diablos with crazy top speed claims but no one really wanted to die trying it[lol]

Last edited:
Well Konigs are not really keen to let journalists drive there cars on track,good luck finding a track review or comparison of the Agera. So Agera being a good track car is not proven as far as i am aware.
There was one video of a journo driving it at crawling speeds at a track near to their factory.

But in the name of the high speed game these cars are just playing the millionaires who buy them, cos for 20 % of the price you can have Nissan GTRs that easily top them.

Just look at Switzer variants of the Nissan GTR. Am sure give enough space they would beat the Hyper exotics. But yes they wont be completely street legal( am a GTR fan [embarass])

Now back to the Konigs they are in a dilemma i feel,they want a car that has top speed or a car that is light & good on track.

We dont see Pagani trying to beat top speeds,Konig played the Top speed card & seems to be problem for their company resources.

I love those doors on the Koenigsegg but that has really cramped things for the interior,even more cramped than the Aventador.

One thing i will hand to the Koenigsegg is they have done a brilliant job in comparison to the resources & funds they had,as lets remember Lamborghini Diablos with crazy top speed claims but no one really wanted to die trying it[lol]
That's true, they seem to refrain from journalists, which is a bit odd for a company making such outlandish cars! But we have been told by reviews that the CCX, CCXR and original Agera had good handling characteristics so I doubt the One:1 will have lost much of that!

I was also floored when I heard and read about the AMS Alpha Omega GTR a few months ago! 0-100 kph in 1.6 seconds :eek:

True, the Pagani Huayra for example seems to be focused on acceleration and handling!

The early Lambos were like spaceships when it came to testing their limits!

We already knew the Hennessey Venom was incredibly quick, blasting through 200mph in just 18 seconds last year. But now it has finally beaten the outright speed of the Bugatti Veyron, by hitting 270.49mph on the 3.2 mile space shuttle runway at NASA’s Kennedy Space Centre.

The numbers are, quite frankly, staggering. The top speed record is added to the long list of honours the Venom holds, including world’s fastest from 0-300kph (186mph), which took 13.63sec. Its pace is somewhat unsurprising, given the fact it has a huge 7.0-litre twin turbo V8 under that elongated ‘Elise’ body.

World's Fastest: 270.49 mph Hennessey Venom GT - YouTube

Credits : Step Aside Bugatti Veyron: The Hennessey Venom Just Smashed Through 270mph

That's true, they seem to refrain from journalists, which is a bit odd for a company making such outlandish cars! But we have been told by reviews that the CCX, CCXR and original Agera had good handling characteristics so I doubt the One:1 will have lost much of that!
Well there is a reason why they dont allow journalists,cos they are not reliable cars,if you look around you will see videos of Koenigs breaking down on Episodes of Fifth Gear,they have always screwed up in front of the media(lets not forget Top Gear incident),thats one reason they decided to hold back their cars from journos! They decided promoting the cars to millionaires at Club events would be better than showing it off to drooling fans in magazines & TV shows!
Am a big fan of the GumBall3000(Gumball 3000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) & i heard stories that the Koenigs in the rally were breaking down & were delaying the flights from taking off(all the cars would travel in a cargo plane from one continent to another).

PS- As an example of publicity gone wrong,The Swed's neighboring country Denmark has a new super car called "Zenvo st1" they are learning the hard way of promotion gone bad! Posting video of the recent Top Gear test.
Watch from 2:40 if your short of time.

Jeremy Clarkson tests the Zenvo ST1 (Top Gear Season 21 Ep.3) - YouTube

Thats Crazy one hell of a machine!!! I wonder where will be the 1321 HP[surprise] put to use and what kind of customers will be attracted to [roll]?
Most of these cars do not even sit in city areas they are usually sitting in garages or warehouses located in outskirts of cities like farm houses,you can expect people who barely have time to see the cars to own these things,should see some in Summer on London roads also.

There are more than 1400 Billionaires worldwide (people who are worth more than 6000 crores),i dont think they will have a prob finding people to buy them.

Well there is a reason why they dont allow journalists,cos they are not reliable cars,if you look around you will see videos of Koenigs breaking down on Episodes of Fifth Gear,they have always screwed up in front of the media(lets not forget Top Gear incident),thats one reason they decided to hold back their cars from journos! They decided promoting the cars to millionaires at Club events would be better than showing it off to drooling fans in magazines & TV shows!
Am a big fan of the GumBall3000(Gumball 3000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) & i heard stories that the Koenigs in the rally were breaking down & were delaying the flights from taking off(all the cars would travel in a cargo plane from one continent to another).

PS- As an example of publicity gone wrong,The Swed's neighboring country Denmark has a new super car called "Zenvo st1" they are learning the hard way of promotion gone bad! Posting video of the recent Top Gear test.
Watch from 2:40 if your short of time.

Jeremy Clarkson tests the Zenvo ST1 (Top Gear Season 21 Ep.3) - YouTube
As far as I can remember the last Koenigsegg on Top Gear (CCX) threw the Stig off the track! But I don't remember it breaking down. But most sports car companies have reliability issues at one point:

1. Ferrari 458 wheel arch ignition
2. Lamborghini Gallardo engine fire
3. Porsche 911 GT3 engine fire
4. Caparo T1 had a million issues
5. BAC Mono also had a million issues!
etc.

I'm glad to find another Top Gear fan here! That episode was amazing! A bit tragic though that first the brakes went, then the clutch, and then it caught fire! They sure were determined to keep fixing it and sending it back though. [surprise]

Top Bottom