Buggati Veyron is a Piece of Junk...

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
...This is not what I say but Ron Dennis, the outspoken chairman of Mclaren Automotive, has branded the Bugatti Veyron a 'complete piece of junk,' and claimed that the £1.3m hypercar needed ten attempts to beat the Mclaren F1 in a drag race staged by Top Gear in Abu Dhabi.

Full news by Zigwheels, below.
Dennis savaged the world's fastest car in an interview with Arabian Business. His comments followed the unveiling of Mclaren's own supercar, the MP4-12C, in the UK last month. Dennis sacrificed his place at the head of the brand's prestigious F1 team to concentrate on making the new supercar a success. He told the magazine 'The Bugatti Veyron is a complete piece of junk. I think it is. I believe I can look at a range of women and I can see beauty in most of them, but I can look at a Bugatti and I think it is pig ugly.

'The Veyron doesn't do anything for me. I've been looking at it for years, and I don't see one single thing that makes me feel good.'Given Dennis's single-minded nature and the brand-new product sitting in Mclaren's technology centre, he was hardly likely to praise the Volkswagen group's engineering masterpiece, but his comments regarding the BBC's race were particularly damning.

'When we did the race in Abu Dhabi, we beat it off the line so many times that the film crew was getting frustrated because the outcome was supposed to be for the Bugatti to win. 'So we had to do that whole thing about 10 times before it managed to get off the line cleanly and catch us up. Because every time they dropped the clutch it bogged down and we were gone.' We've watched the video again, and there's no doubt the four-wheel drive Bugatti is trounced at the start by the lighter F1. It's not impossible to imagine that with a better start the Mclaren could triumph over the mile distance.

Of course, Dennis skips over the fact that on a clean run the Veyron's sheer brute power inevitably overcomes the plucky Brit. There's also the issue of drivers; the F1 is driven by the Stig, a professional racing driver, and the Bugatti is piloted by Richard Hammond, a TV presenter.This may have affected it, or Ron Dennis could just be sticking up for his company's awesome creation.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well, Richard Hammond is not any ordinary driver either.
He is as good as most profession drivers!!

He is a good driver but to call a masterpiece (Bugatti) a "piece of Junk" doesnt sound fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link.
I actually download the complete Topgear episodes, and this one was one of my favourites.

yeah
even i download all episodes
but still i dont think they must have made the mclaren lose purposely!
I am a Mclaren fan but I think Ron Dennis is being unfair by saying that the Veyron was supposed to win and its a piece of junk. The lighter Mclaren has the advantage at the start but the Veyron will be faster. And as for sheer driving comfort the Buggati will be better [;)]

AMG

Suspended
'The Veyron doesn't do anything for me. I've been looking at it for years, and I don't see one single thing that makes me feel good.'
Absolutely agree. [clap]

I agree with mclaren on this. Bugatti is quad turbo cockroach. But Ron dennis cant build a car like the F1. Its Bruce Mclarens ideology that made the F1. Ro.n adds computers and turbos to cars and kills the driver appeal. The F1 was a different story

Last edited:

Top Bottom