New Toyota Innova 2014 Facelift Spied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Got this information from some other Forum.

The Innova's foreign market sibling, the Kijang has showed up with a facelift which is likely to debut in the Int'l markets this year-end, starting at Indonesia and is expected to show up in India in 2014.

Link : Toyota readying Innova facelift | News | Autocar India

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift

I think the Innova designers must have watched Good, bad and Ugly umpteen times in
recent times so first they came up with good, then current gen Innova and now this stuff.

IMHO Innova looked great when it was launched but these face lift exercise is killing its beauty.

Thread Starter #3

I think the Innova designers must have watched Good, bad and Ugly umpteen times in
recent times so first they came up with good, then current gen Innova and now this stuff.

IMHO Innova looked great when it was launched but these face lift exercise is killing its beauty.
Exactly...i am thinking the same way.
I believe the current look of Innova is the best one.
Don't know why they want to spoil an excellent car.

Instead of this useless (Chinese) design, Toyota should provide minimum safety feature in lower variant.

The low end model start around 12 Lac but without any safety feature. They should offer ABS across the model.

I am not sure about this model, but I have recently spotted an Innova with New corolla type grill in the front

You are right, they should be better off by providing a more powerful engine in the top end versions and maybe try to increase the gadget levels in Innova. They can also change the current dashboard design as it feels a little old now.

I am not sure about this model, but I have recently spotted an Innova with New corolla type grill in the front
I think that could have been an after market mod job. I also saw a Fortunnova sometime back in Delhi.

Mods please delete this post if required I wasn't able to delete and merge this post with my old post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indonesia– Toyota Innova Facelift launched

The Toyota Innova Facelift (Toyota Kijang Innova facelift for Indonesians) has been launched today. At the front, the Innova gets a larger chrome grille and an all-new bumper with chrome surrounds for the foglights. At the rear, changes are less pronounced and include a chrome embellishment extending across the width of the bootlid and a mildly tweaked bumper. These cosmetic changes do not apply to the low-end variant though.

As far as the mechanical changes go, there are none. The Innova continues its lineup with the 2.0-liter petrol engine producing 136bhp and 183Nm of torque and a 2.5-liter diesel engine producing 102bhp and 200Nm of torque. The petrol engine is available with manual and automatic gearbox options while the diesel is sold with a manual only.

Features wise, all variants of the Innova now get ABS and dual front airbags as part of the standard equipment. This was earlier offered only in the top-end V model.The car is launched in 18 petrol and diesel variants, priced between 11.8 lakhs to 18.99 lakh rupees.

Toyota Innova Facelift launched in Indonesia

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
This is really a good move by Toyota offering ABS & Air Bag across the model.
But this for Indonesia.

I wish they offered this in India as well.

Now the Innove looks more like an SUV...Can we call it FortuNova .. :)

No doubt I have been a fan of Innova and no doubt my ownership experience of this car was more than satisfying(I guess the ownership experience of Innova made us go for Corolla to some extent).
BUT, that doesn't mean I'll appreciate every crap Toyota try to sell here. This car looks simply nonsense from front, oh c'mon it is a people mover and must look like a proper people mover but they have tried to give it the SUVish grill which is completely looking out of place on Innova which has got its complete body styling like a proper people mover. Coming to rear, it is a welcome for me.
Worst part, they will add another 50k at least in the price of this already overpriced car on the name of 'new model'!![frustration]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom