Next Gen Ford Figo (Unveiling in Late 2013; Launch in 2014)

Thread Starter #1
Friends, just happened to come across this news.

" The 2014 Ford Figo is being developed by Ford Brazil and will make its public debut in the later-half of this year.

Safely expect the 2014 Figo to get new turbo petrol and turbo diesel motors with class leading power and fuel economy figures. "

2014 Ford Figo Rendering

Looks promising, as present Figo does look old compared to the new designs coming across from manufacturers.

Hope the killer price tags (VFM) would be retained in any case. [:)]

Re: Next Gen Ford Figo (Unveiling in late 2013, Launch in 2014)

Rendering looks more of Verna than Figo.[glasses]

Re: Next Gen Ford Figo (Unveiling in late 2013, Launch in 2014)

Yes it is, maybe like all other manufacturers reindering the continuations of their style and design, not much but yes looks carrying from their kinetic design from new fiesta.
But looks more of fluidics continuation here[;)]

how about this one?
I think the new Figo will resemble the Ford B-Max in external appearence and will have the 1.0 3 cylinder NA engine with 79 @6300rpm and and 105 NM@ 4100 rpm,its revv happy engine unlike the Rokam engine which is under the hood of Figo now and the new Figo petrol might weigh around 1045 kg as kerb weight and supposed 0-100 kmph in 15s
the new Figo Diesel will to probably get Fords new corporate 1.5 TDCi engine that too from B-Max
74 bhp @ 3500 rpm and 190 NM @ 2000 rpm the expected 0-100 time is 14s and it might come with Fords supreme turbo lag, I dont understand why such a sporty brand like Ford makes their cars so much duds in the name of fuel economy(courtesy new Fiesta)

Attachments

Any further news on this? Figo is definitely one of the good cars around at a reasonable price. The only minus thing in this car is they doesn't have rear power windows. Hope they overcome this in the new edition.

I dont understand why such a sporty brand like Ford makes their cars so much duds in the name of fuel economy(courtesy new Fiesta)
Ford wants to look their cars sporty, even if they have very tame engines. This stated many times by Ford eg. in this article, Ford Design director Martin Smith defines Kinetic Design as ...

"The definition of kinetic design is that we try to express the driving dynamic qualities through design: the cars should look like they're fun to drive, even if it's a family vehicle."

(emphasis mine)

Ford wants to look their cars sporty, even if they have very tame engines. This stated many times by Ford eg. in this article, Ford Design director Martin Smith defines Kinetic Design as ...

"The definition of kinetic design is that we try to express the driving dynamic qualities through design: the cars should look like they're fun to drive, even if it's a family vehicle."

(emphasis mine)
Yes thats a nice article but what I hate most is turbo lag, see even if the vehicle is not powerful if it dosent suffer turbo lag in diesels its a boon, eg: new Fiesta diesel it has more turbo lag than 1290 kg Ecosport, thats what made its instant flop catalyst, if new Fiesta had no turbo lag it would have been more derivable and it would have been in my garage, the new Fiestas clutch too is horrible its damn heavy much heavier than Ecosports so with heavy clutch and turbo lag driving Fiesta in city is pain, I hope Ford dosent translate the current Fiestas tune to upcoming 2014 Fiesta sedan which might debut here by December 2013 itself
About 1.5 TDCi in new Figo, I have one of my friend in UK who has driven the new Fiesta hatch with 75 PS engine, he says its very sluggish below 1800 rpm, the 1l i3 cylinder non turbo ecoboost is much better than 1.5 74 bhp TDCi Fiesta he says,the best bit is the 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta he says its a family car with hot hatch performance comfort of a c segment sedan and driving dynamics in league of Alfa Romeo or Mini Cooper or Mazda Miata , I really wish Ford releases Fiesta sedan with 1.0 ecoboost in India with a better tune with 0 turbo lag unlike in Ecosports ecoboost

after all " jo bikta hai wahi banta hai" (only that gets made what sells).
how about this one?
I think the new Figo will resemble the Ford B-Max in external appearence and will have the 1.0 3 cylinder NA engine with 79 @6300rpm and and 105 NM@ 4100 rpm,its revv happy engine unlike the Rokam engine which is under the hood of Figo now and the new Figo petrol might weigh around 1045 kg as kerb weight and supposed 0-100 kmph in 15s
the new Figo Diesel will to probably get Fords new corporate 1.5 TDCi engine that too from B-Max
74 bhp @ 3500 rpm and 190 NM @ 2000 rpm the expected 0-100 time is 14s and it might come with Fords supreme turbo lag, I dont understand why such a sporty brand like Ford makes their cars so much duds in the name of fuel economy(courtesy new Fiesta)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
IAB reports that next gen Figo/Ka concept has been revealed in Brazil. I like all design aspects except the profile - I think the low slung profile of the current Figo looks much better. The hind view seems inspired by the new i10 (Grand). They shouldn't have moved the tail light cluster down from the C-pillar - it makes the current gen Figo stand out and morever, less prone to break during small accidents.

Ford-Ka-Concept-front-three-quarters.jpg
Ford-Ka-Concept-side-view.jpg
Ford-Ka-Concept-rear-view.jpg

Top Bottom