Lamborghini Veneno Supercar Revealed

Thread Starter #1
Lamborghini Veneno leaks ahead of Geneva

This unidentified magazine scan has dribbled its way onto the internet, and the single image shows a radically designed coupe – even by Lamborghini standards – powered by the 6.5-liter V12 from the Aventador tuned to produce 740 horsepower, routed through the company's seven-speed single-clutch gearbox. The bodywork features exposed carbon fiber canards, asymmetric wheel wells, a massive rear wing, and all manner of vents and scoops, all combining for an outlandishly brutal look.

What does "Veneno" mean, exactly? It translates to "poison" in Spanish, but if the company's history is anything to go by, it must also be the name of a noteworthy bull in the history of tauromachia. What the car means to Lamborghini, however, is a celebration of the one-time tractor manufacturer's 50th anniversary.

According to the scan, the 220-mph Veneno will be limited to just three examples – all already spoken for – and command a princely 3.1 million pounds sterling (around $4.6 million dollars). Each will be painted in a white, red or green color scheme – not coincidentally the colors found on the Italian flag.

We'll be on the show floor this week to find out whether this scan and the information therein represents Lamborghini's real-deal Geneva premiere or a bit of well-meaning fiction, so stay tuned.

Lamborghini Veneno leaks ahead of Geneva

Attachments

Re: Lamborghini Veneno Supercar Image Leaked

Design doesn't appeal to me at all maybe 'cos it's not emitting the typical Lambo radiance. And those wheel archs, huhh, have the engineers had a look at them before releasing them out, highly disgusting. [anger]

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team
Here are some nice close up shots of Lamborghini Veneno from News Press.

_DLS2380.jpg

_DLS2383.jpg

_DLS2387.jpg

_DLS2401.jpg

_DLS2403.jpg

_DLS2414.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

It has too much of downforce for a lamborghini and looks very weird IMO. The price they are asking for it is also funny. I mean what is wrong with lambo,I used to love the fact that they are track obsessed and now with such alien like cars that's not true anymore.
Laferrari all the way.

Thread Starter #8
Was just observing the width of this car and it's huge, i wonder how it will be to drive this on the streets.

Was just observing the width of this car and it's huge, i wonder how it will be to drive this on the streets.
I don't think anyone would drive this on roads. Its more like a legal Lemans car. Too track oriented. And lambo never achieved much in racing. Wonder why are they so crazy now.

Lamborghini Veneno may drop its top

The road legal Batmobile from Lamborghini aka the Veneno may get a roadster version soon. News has emerged that the Italian super car manufacturer is planning to drop the top of its elite Veneno for nine of their prestigious owners.

A report from CarUK claims that Lamborghini has contacted several loyal customers, enquiring about the interest in owning the rare roadster. Considering that the Veneno is essentially built based on the Aventador, the possibility of a roadster cannot be discarded.

The Veneno, which in Spanish translates to Venom, is driven by 6.5-litre V-12 engine paired to a specially modified version of the manual gearbox found in the Aventador. The 760PS monster claims to hit 100kmph from standstill in as less as 2.8 seconds. The roadster will likely boast of the same figures despite having the top down thanks to its wing-like aerodynamic design.

Just four examples of the Veneno were built, each costing a whopping 2.5 million GBP (Rs 22.90 crore) and the roadster will cost even more. But the thing is, with Lamborghini’s reputation the car will be sold-out even before unveiling.

Lamborghini Veneno may drop its top - CarWale News

Top Bottom