A Factory Visit To Morgan Cars!

Thread Starter #1
I guess everyone must have heard about Morgan cars -

The Morgan Motor Company

Its a family run British company which makes retro style sports cars. Its a pretty small company with about 200 employees who hand builds every Morgan car. Yes, every Morgan car is hand made to perfection!

Some components like the Aluminium chassis and the engines are outsourced but everything else is made in house. A part of the chassis is still made of wood and is handcrafted in the factory.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Every Morgan is specifically tailor made for a customer. Basically, it means they start building your car after they receive your order, which mentions the specifications and customizations you want in your car. It means a Morgan typically has a waiting period of 1.5 to 2 years! It also means you have unlimited customization options for your car... they build it just the way you want it - right from the exterior colour (they have 9 standard colours and you have the option to specify any shade you want) to the interior wooden trim to the leather material and leather colour. They have 3 engines to choose from - 1.6, 2.0 and 3.6 V6. Manual and A/T tranmission are also available. You can specify you car in either LHD or RHD!

Attachments

What a privilege it must be to visit the factory.

Nice pics, great job.

The shape of the car has remain unchanged for decades.

Share the names of the cars you saw there.

Wonderful report, seems like you are spending your free time at the right places, are those engines sourced from other OEM's or is it developed in house?

Special Hand made car...what a thrilling experience you have now.

I have seen in the Discovery Turbo about chopper motor cycle. They are also custom made. Starting from bike design to what not. They also use to take around 45-60 days for one bike. I am not sure about the company name etc.

Nice one Raj, 100+ years of existence and still hand made - love it, quintessentially british and at times having a waiting period of over 8 years!

Offlate though getting a bit outlandish(given their usual designs) with the Eva GT - missing from your pictures may be they didnt have one on display ?

Thread Starter #11
Share the names of the cars you saw there.
We saw the Plus4, Roadster, 4 seater, Aero Coupe and 3 wheeler along with some vintage Morgans at the museum within the factory.

Wonderful report, seems like you are spending your free time at the right places, are those engines sourced from other OEM's or is it developed in house?
The engines are sourced from Ford and BMW.

That was a nice tour of the factory.

Wonderful experience for a petrol head.

We need more such reporting from you.

It seems you forgot about this thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/member-s-lounge/9402-raj_5004-reporting-uk.html#post207884
It's in member's lounge.
Oh yes, I totally forgot that thread.

You will surely get more such reports. I am trying to get a factory visit to Jaguar & Land Rover, MG motors and even companies like Airbus, JCB and Coca Cola!

Nice report with some nice pics Raj !!

That looks to be a wonderful experience for you !!
Thank you buddy.

Nice one Raj, 100+ years of existence and still hand made - love it, quintessentially british and at times having a waiting period of over 8 years!

Offlate though getting a bit outlandish(given their usual designs) with the Eva GT - missing from your pictures may be they didnt have one on display ?
I got a chance to be in the driver's seat of a Roadster and the Aero coupe. Of course, they dint allow me to drive it, but I cant just describe in words what a thrilling experience it was... What I dint like about the cars was that it was way too refined and silent for a classic sports car.

The EVA GT is not in production and hence was not on display in their factory.

Nice pics Raj. I am damn sure you are making worth your every moment in UK .
As I said, this is just the beginning. If I am lucky, then I can get some inside peeks of -

Prodrive - Where inspiration and innovation combine
Home - MG Motor UK Ltd
Jaguar Land Rover
Home of Coca
Airbus, a leading aircraft manufacturer | A320, A330, A340, A350 XWB & A380 Families of passenger and freighter aircraft | Airbus, a leading aircraft manufacturer
JCB UK - Construction Machinery | Agricultural Machinery | JCB UK

Excellent Pics Raj,

Really interesting to know about Hand made custom cars. Hope you enjoyed a lot[:)]
Yea man, I did !

350Z

Core Team
Awesome pictures. You’re making best out of the UK visit. Was this tour organized by university? I’d be more keen to check out JLR and Airbus plant visit threads.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom