Top 10 Cars of 2009

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
The British Media has listed Top 10 Cars of 2009 and Ford has emerged as the leader. It appears on the top two positions in the list with its most popular model Ford Fiesta topping the chart. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders announced the list of Top 10 Cars in the UK where also Vauxhall (Opel) appeared three times.

Ford Fiesta occupied the number one position with total sales of 109,420 units and Ford Focus followed at second position with 86,178 sales. Vauxhall Corsa, Vauxhall Astra, VW Golf, Peugeot, BMW 3-series, MINI, Vauxhall Insignia, Ford Mondeo were the other models that completed the list of Top 10 cars of 2009.

The Detroit Auto Show 2010 is coming up next month. The show will have series of concept cars that will should also provide for a lot of fun. Top 10 Concept Cars coming up at this event are Audi Sportback concept, Cadillac Converj, Chrysler 200C, Fisker Karma, S, Kia Soul’ster, Lincoln C Concept, Mercedes Benz BlueZERO, Subaru Legacy Concept, Volvo S60 Concept and Volkswagen BlueSport
Source: CTI

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ford topping the charts! I wish they launch the same models here and earn better profits than they are earning now. BTW no such list for indian cars?

Ford gives the best inclass warranty & maintenance package across many countries ranging from 1 to 12 years!

Their 1.6 DuraTec in Fiesta is one of the best engines.

Well, in the US, they are the only one of the Big (ha!!) three to survive without Govt. intervention. I guess they have something right going for them!!

Ford!!
How did they manage it??
Dont underestimate ford. They have really nice engines. Drive the fiesta 1.6 and you will know. I dont feel great saying this but its drive is better than my City. Ofcourse its one of the best drivers car too. Ford should come out with better design and an improved service and they will be a hit here too.

@Akash,Neil,Zinam & Aditya: Yes guys you are right.Ford is really a good company, but its really sad that they didnt become a hit in India.Right from sedan segment to suv, they privided good wheels to India, hope they provide good A.S.S and backup too.

How about electing TOP 4 VEHICLES in each automobile segment?

Simply if we get it done according to segments like entry-level hatches,mid-level hatches,high-end hatches,entry-level sedans,mid-level sedans,high-end sedans,entry-level SUVs,mid-level SUVs and high-end SUVs,I think it will be great then.
TAINZ please give your views.

Last edited:

Top Bottom