All New 2014 Ssangyong Rodius MPV

Thread Starter #1
Ssangyong release sketches of the new 2014 Rodius MPV

The good news is the new gen MPV design is a far cry from its predecessor and adopts an edgy design language unlike that of the old Rodius which was an eyesore to say the least. While the proportions are still massive, the 2014 Rodius gets chrome enriched hexagonal grill and large headlamps with eyebrow like turn indicators.
The rear is also a huge improvement over the old car. The windshield is still a wraparound unit but doesn’t invade too much into the profile like before. The rear design has a tinge of Hyundai to it.

The car is expected to be powered by the homegrown 2.0-litre turbo diesel that powers the Korando C. The motor is available in two states of tune – 148 bhp and 173 bhp. There could also be a petrol option in the form of a Mercedes sourced 3.2-litre in-line six but however the old motor can’t be offered in European markets due to emission standards.
With seating configuration that could be customized to 7, 9 or 11 seats, the 2014 Ssangyong Rodius would just be that big people carrier that the well off, joint Indian family is looking for!

Read more: 2014 Ssangyong Rodius sketches released

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
11-Seater SsangYong Korando Turismo India Bound?

Korean Car Manufacturer Ssangyong revealed their latest MPV, the Korando Turismo in their home country. The biggest talk about the Korando Turismo is that it is a 11-seater premium vehicle which Ssangyong prefers to call it MLV which translates to Multi Leisure Vehicle. Although it stands best for use in long leisure drives, this MLV will also justify off-roading, in the city and for business purposes too. The Korando Turismo boasts of four rows of seats offering several folding options including the second and third row seats can being folded as tables or last three rows folded flat too. The vehicle is also known as Rodius and Stavic in some countries.
The Korando Turismo is the result of two and a half years of dedicated research and investment of about $165 million, thereby allowing Ssangyong to boast of an innovative, premium quality product in their stable. There have been talks previously about Ssangyong considering the Korando 5-seater to be their second product in the Indian market after the Rexton. Considering the demand for MPV’s in India the 11-seater Korando Turismo could also be launched in India. Anand Mahindra, Chairman and MD of Mahindra tweeted about their new MLV and expressed his excitement and it’s potential for the Indian market.

The new Ssangyong MLV gets a refreshed exterior design characterised with the three line grille smoothly joining the projector headlamps and possessing their newly designed logo. Ssangyong confirms the 2014 Korando Turismo will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine (155 PS and 360 Nm) as well as 3.2-litre V6 petrol engine (for Korean and Russian markets only), mated to a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic gearbox. All-wheel drive will be offered as an option. Many of these components come from Mercedes-Benz.
The Mahindra SsangYong Korando Turismo is a full size van in the real sense, with a massive length of 5130 mm. It is quite wide at 1915 mm, with a height of 1815 mm. The wheelbase is a ridiculous 3000 mm. The Korando Turismo will be sold in 9, 10 or 11-seat configurations, offered in Luxury Touring (LT), Grand Touring (GT) and Royal Touring (RT) variants. The vehicle will be feature rich with touch screen display, navigation, ABS, airbags, sunroof, projector headlights, etc being offered on the top end variant.
The global unveiling of the Korando Turismo will be done at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show and might start hitting the roads by late 2013. Taking a hint from Anand Mahindra’s tweet about its potential India launch, we can expect the Korando Turismo to hit our shores by first or second quarter of 2014. Can the Korando Turismo take on the upcoming Force MPV, which is based on the Mercedes-Benz Viano? Expect a price of around Rs. 20 lakhs when the Korando Turismo hits our shores.

Complete article - 11-Seater SsangYong Korando Turismo India Bound? | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Read more at 11-Seater SsangYong Korando Turismo India Bound? | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Attachments

Re: 11-Seater SsangYong Korando Turismo India Bound?

Sorry mods for back to back post since iam on iPad can't upload multiple images .

This car looks awesome and can give everyone run for its money .

Attachments

This should be a great successful product if launched in India. Looks like Mahindra has got a gold mine by taking over Sangyong Brand.

If this Korando T is launched at an Staggering aggressive price ( as Mahindra is very popular for) and the base version with just basic safety kit like ABS and A/c, this will be a Popular Taxi and will kill Tempo traveller, Innova, Xylo and other boys like the Chevy Enjoy will face death even before its birth.
The fit, finish and finesse looks way better in this Korando T compared to the whole lot in this segment! [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

And yes it is huge, yet beautiful. If priced properly (not saying cheaply) will throw out Innovas and others easily. I have seen many Rextons on the road in Mumbai and looks great. Personally I liked it very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is something i have been always looking for as a vehicle to own a luxury tourer, the cherry on the cake being it doesnt look like a van(atleast in the pic it appears SUVish though i might be wrong). If they had provided an aisle in the middle it would seem like a airplane in the pictures! The GC seems low though from the pics but you cant have everything especially for something which is over 5 metres!

Its on my list!

Well, to me, the Korando Turismo is looking much like a Fluidic Fortuner[surprise]. I dont whether Ssangyong will bring this MUV to India, but definitely it will open up a new segment. The legroom in all the rows is looking decent enough to let the passengers sit in comfort.

With its huge dimensions, i am sure it would be a delight to drive (since i love driving vehicles with greater dimensions).

If we look closely, the 2nd and 3rd row can be move front and back depending on the leg room required. Though I am not sure about 2nd , but 3rd can move for sure.

Now what does Mahindra plan to do with this vehicle? It looks good and big, and why a 11 seater? Inspired by the Trax ha? and as members said, it will give a tough competition to Innova in the commercial segment, best for airport and shuttle pick-ups. Rough idea about the pricing?

Could be priced above 20 lacs i guess.

But i am not sure the market is huge enough to warrant it getting it here via the CKD route.

It would be a great vehicle though for the joint families.

Top Bottom