Rolls-Royce Unveils Wraith At Geneva Auto Show

Thread Starter #1
Rolls-Royce is reportedly planning to unveil a new car in the next two weeks that will help it increase its already record-beating sales.

According to Rolls-Royce CEO Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes, the „stunning” vehicle will be displayed at the Shanghai auto show this year, Bloomberg reports.
The executive declined to provide details of the car, but said Rolls-Royce is counting on the new car to help build on the record number of vehicles the brand sold in 2012. For this year, Muller-Oetvoes said he’s “cautiously optimistic”, as demand in the United States and China will help offset the slump in southern Europe.

Although the U.S. became Rolls-ROyce’s biggest market in 2012, Muller-Oetvoes said China may regain the lead in 2013. “I will not be surprised for China to be back to No. 1 this year,” he said. On January 11, the BMW-owned company opened its 15th dealership in Asia’s biggest economy and is discussing further expansion of the sales network in the country. China accounts for about a third of Rolls-Royce’s global sales.

The company’s plans for China include focusing more on the western regions of the country, where car ownership levels trail those of coastal areas such as Beijing and Shanghai.

Rolls-Royce to unveil “stunning” vehicle in two weeks, CEO says

Re: Rolls-Royce to unveil “stunning” vehicle in 2 weeks,

Another masterpiece on it's way from the great Rolls-Royce, i was wondering how would RR design a SUV if they had to. Would probably be the most expensive and comfortable SUV. [:)]

Thread Starter #3
Re: Rolls-Royce To Unveil “Stunning” Vehicle in 2 Weeks

Rolls-Royce teases Wraith debut in Geneva

Rolls-Royce is headed to the 2013 Geneva Motor Show with a new addition to its lineup: the Wraith. The ultra-luxury automaker says it plans to start deliveries by the fourth quarter of this year, though details are scarce at the moment. The automaker has contented itself with saying the Wraith will the "most dynamic, powerful and beautiful Rolls-Royce in the company's history." We hear it will be the most modest, too.

Rolls-Royce first began using the Wraith nameplate in 1938. The original car used a tweaked version of the 4.3-liter inline six-cylinder found in the company's 25/30, but its real claim to fame came from the fact that it boasted speed-variable hydraulic dampers. Capable of reaching speeds of up to 85 miles per hour, Rolls-Royce only built 492 examples of the vehicle's chassis.

Rolls-Royce teases Wraith debut in Geneva

Attachments

350Z

Core Team

Rolls Royce has released the second teaser of Wraith. It debuts on 5th March in Geneva Auto Show.

226041091145673331.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

oh daayum it looks smashing. good job Rolls but it was expected to look good wasnt it? :P

Rolls-Royce will be unveiling, in its own words “the most dynamic, powerful and beautiful car in the company’s history” at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. Featuring a nameplate which was first used in 1938, the new car has been named as Wraith. The 1938 car had a tweaked version of the 25/30 4.3-litre 6-cylinder inline engine and rode on hydraulic dampers which were speed variable. Rolls built only 492 of those cars.

Rolls-Royce to unveil the Wraith in Geneva Motor Show 2013 - Overdrive

350Z

Core Team

Here’s a neat rendering of upcoming Wraith designed by X-Tomi Designs.

669378385924085263.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Re: Rolls-Royce To Unveil Wraith At Geneva Auto Show

Rolls Royce has issued a final teaser image of Wraith. They have also confirmed that it is a fastback.

Giles Taylor said:
The purposeful fastback profile is Wraith’s defining element. Inherent in the graceful line that sweeps from the top of the screen to the very rear edge is the promise of fast, yet effortless touring. Yet, perhaps my favourite aspect is the expressive gesture that comes from the side window graphic, gliding through Wraith’s glamorous coach door.

It works with a strong sense of linear purpose from the shoulder line, which has the promise of potential like the athlete in the starting blocks. In contrast, the line that cuts through the shoulder line is a little more artful and adds that certain air of effortlessness to Wraith’s dynamic statement. In my view the most successful designs always come down to three or four lines.
Rolls-Royce-Wraith-Final-Teaser.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Rolls-Royce To Unveil Wraith At Geneva Auto Show

I dont know but this one looks like old bentlys. Rolls weird trailers are frustrating. I love rollers but this one would be weird I think even though its based on my fav ghost.

Top Bottom