Legend Reborn: New Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Unveiled

Thread Starter #1
Yes yes yes. Its here! The new corvette Stingray. The successor to the C6,the new C7 is the Seventh corvette since its debut in 1950s. Car is expected to have a 6.2 L V8 with at least 500 horses for the base model,and around 700 for the range topping ZR1. It will compete with the new Viper.
vette 13.jpg
Looks a bit like the viper,doesn't it?
VETTE 13 back.jpg
Hmm. Should grow on me.
vette 13 int.jpg
Much better interior. Does look like honda:stupid:

Last edited:
Re: Legend Is Reborn: ALL NEW CHEVROLET CORVETTE STINGRAY!

i am in love with the interiors, front one is totally dedicated for driver like " it's my cockpit dude" you can sit besides me. [;)] [evil]

I hope this one has good quality interiors with good finish. Its the only thing the Corvette lacks IMO!

Thread Starter #4

^^^ and hopefully its not made up plastic anymore.

Thread Starter #6

No its not a concept, production car unveiled a couple of hours ago. This is the concept.
c5d3008d8972339d3ea268518d8f7c0e.jpg

Re: Legend Is Reborn: ALL NEW CHEVROLET CORVETTE STINGRAY UNVEILED

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Gets Brembo Brakes

Famed brake supplier Brembo has announced its systems are used on the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette which making its world debut today at the North American International Auto Show.

The complete disc and caliper assembly will produced at Brembo’s newly expanded Homer, Michigan Operations.

"We are truly proud to add the full line of Corvettes to our North AmericanOriginal Equipment portfolio and to continue to serve as a strategic partner with Chevrolet as they introduce the next generation of the legendary Corvette," commented Dan Sandberg, President and CEO of Brembo North America.

The company says its setup has been designed to provide “shorter stopping distances, better modulation, improved durability, and balanced brake performance without fading under extreme conditions.” The high-performance brakes are four-piston, two-piece aluminum calipers working with ventilated ventilated disks.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Gets Brembo Brakes - autoevolution

Re: Legend Is Reborn: ALL NEW CHEVROLET CORVETTE STINGRAY UNVEILED

Motortrend reported that this car no longer feels like that plastic body. dont know how that much is true. also the base will be having 461ish hp and sting ray will be that version i think.

what i feel is that the front looks very very much similar to the Viper and rear to the camaro. no distinction. not that i dont like it but still a 'vette' needs to stand out more.

First 2014 Corvette Stingray Sold for $1.1 Million at Barrett-Jackson

The 2014 Corvette, a brand new generation of the legendary sportscar that has taken the world by storm, was finally unveiled last Sunday (January 13th), after a long teasing process.

It’s only due to enter production in autumn, but the C7 Corvette Stingray is bound to achieve cult status.

The very first production model that will be wearing a vehicle Identification Number (VIN) ending in 0001 was pre-sold at the at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale sale in Arizona.

The new Corvette is only supposed to cost a few hundred dollars more than the old one. So, do you guys want to know how much the very first one cost? $1,100,000. That’s $1.1 million George Washingtons.

The guy who wanted the first Stingray that badly is Corvette collector Richard Hendrick, who also owns a NASCAR team. The proceeds from the sale will go towards the Detroit College for Creative Studies

First 2014 Corvette Stingray Sold for $1.1 Million at Barrett-Jackson - autoevolution

First 2014 Corvette Stingray Sold for $1.1 Million at Barrett-Jackson

The 2014 Corvette, a brand new generation of the legendary sportscar that has taken the world by storm, was finally unveiled last Sunday (January 13th), after a long teasing process.

It’s only due to enter production in autumn, but the C7 Corvette Stingray is bound to achieve cult status.

The very first production model that will be wearing a vehicle Identification Number (VIN) ending in 0001 was pre-sold at the at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale sale in Arizona.

The new Corvette is only supposed to cost a few hundred dollars more than the old one. So, do you guys want to know how much the very first one cost? $1,100,000. That’s $1.1 million George Washingtons.

The guy who wanted the first Stingray that badly is Corvette collector Richard Hendrick, who also owns a NASCAR team. The proceeds from the sale will go towards the Detroit College for Creative Studies

First 2014 Corvette Stingray Sold for $1.1 Million at Barrett-Jackson - autoevolution

Stingray without Zing!

C7 corvette clearly highlights the problem GM is facing since 1970s.If you see GM it doesn't look like car company but another wall street company run by folks who are hesitant to change - Why fix if ain't broken attitude..[frustration]

To start with:
Design - ordinary no flair in design looks like a sports car designed by committee - just see generic rear tail lamps sharing with camaros to malibus[confused]
front end - less said the better , more viper than corvette

Interiors - looks more like a facelifted C5 interiors.

now coming to biggest weakness in this car
1. engine - an ancient pushrod design with direct injection - Why can't Gm design a high quality engine like Mercedes - it is forgetting that the same engine in albeit different state of tune can be used to prop up Cadillac as high quality luxury car maker instead it is languishing due to poor quality Chevrolet/Opel engine inspite of having excellent car like ATS

2. suspension - Ancient leaf spring suspension in rear which even a basic car like Alto doesn't use - why stick with it?

Until GM address these issues - It will still inferior to German and Italian cars no matter what GM does.

To me Corvette sting ray of 1960s was more high tech for its time than C7 corvette.

Top Bottom