The Automotive Scene in Thailand

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I visited Bangkok & Pattaya last week. Few of you might already know the current automotive scene in Thailand. I would like to share some of my sightings for others.

The traffic situation is very bad in Bangkok, even when there are nice wide roads & multilayer fly-overs in place. It worsens at peak office hours.

Based on what I saw, majority of cars in Thailand are of Toyota followed by Honda, Mazda, Isuzu, Ford, etc.

Toyota Fortuner, Innova & Honda City are very commonly seen on streets of Bangkok. Innova is mostly used as cab there.

The common cab there is the Toyota Corolla. Most of them are either Pink coloured or Yellow-Green combo.

The mini-trucks are very common & favorites there. Toyota Hilux (truck version of Fortuner) is seen in large numbers. Tata Xenon was also spotted, although in very small numbers.

Toyota Commuters (similar to Tata Winger) are widely used as a mini-bus there.

A cheap public transport is the auto-rickshaw, which they call as 'Tuk-Tuk'. [:)]

Honda CRV in a new avatar is also seen there. The tail-lamps are very similar to Volvo XC-90.

Also commonly seen is Honda Freed, which can be a good competition to Maruti Ertiga & Nissan Evalia, if launched in India.

Chevrolet Sonic twins are present & not the Sail twins. Also, Ford Fiesta hatchback is seen commonly. I could spot only Swift & APV from the Suzuki stable.

Enjoy the pictures:

Swift-
IMG_2632.jpg

Taxis & Tuk-Tuk-
IMG_2636.jpg

Yellow-Green cab (Corolla)-
IMG_2637.jpg

Tuk-Tuk [:)]-
IMG_2640.jpg

Mini-truck
IMG_2706.jpg

Mini-truck with covered tray-
IMG_2707.jpg

Honda Freed-
IMG_2714.jpg

Traffic jam-
IMG_2716.jpg

Traffic jam-
IMG_2717.jpg

Mazda (Ford Fiesta look-alike) [;)]
IMG_2727.jpg

Toyota Yaris (Similar to Liva) & Fiesta hatch-
IMG_3055.jpg

AMG

Suspended
Archit, have some shame.

I've been eating your head off for years to start this thread. But well, thankfully someone did.

Archit, have some shame.

I've been eating your head off for years to start this thread. But well, thankfully someone did.
now this thread is created, i can post pics of cars that are not on sale in india. [:D]

But the supercar thread is good. Any updates for that archit?
yes reason i didnt post these 'normal cars' because that is only dedicated to supercars. i have some more updates. will post it soon.

Knightrider thanks for sharing the info and pics above, good to see the vehicles queued up in lanes properly (img_2716) which i miss here in Delhi where every fellow is in deep hurry.

Great thread and i enjoyed watching all the pics of Thailand auto-scene.
Thanks for sharing Knightrider.

Think Hondas and Toyotas are the major player in this city.And i see the Innova too in the last pic.
That traffic jam surprised me!

350Z

Core Team
The traffic situation is very bad in Bangkok, even when there are nice wide roads & multilayer fly-overs in place. It worsens at peak office hours.
You know what? I instantly visualized this kind of image when I read ‘traffic jams’. But hey, if that’s how traffic jams happen there, I quite don’t mind being in one. :biggrin:

trafficjamonnewflyover2.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom