Cars and Coffee - Auto Enthusiasts Meet in Dallas, Texas (USA)

Thread Starter #1
Recently my work took me to Dallas in Texas (Plano, to be precise). I was looking for better option to spend the weekend (apart from shopping of course). This wasn't my first visit hence I knew there is nothing much to do in and around Dallas, 200 miles radius.

During a dinner outing, luckily I shared with my colleague about Automotive India and my experience with the forum as a new member. Being a petrol head himself, my colleague suggested me to visit 'Cars and Coffee' event to be held over the weekend.

A little history: Cars and Coffee™ began simply as the congregating of auto enthusiasts in Crystal Cove, California, in 2005. The group began meeting so that members who were united through a common passion could share their cars with each other in an environment where they were comfortable enough to ask questions, learn, and experience the joys of such a variety of talents, minds, and especially, cars.

The legendary Cars and Coffee™ event with its roots in southern California is sometimes called the world’s most diverse automobile museum with locations in the US and Europe, Cars and Coffee is the premier gathering of auto enthusiasts that come together to feed their addiction to cars, caffeine and high-octane gasoline.

The Cars and Coffee is held on first Saturday of every month from ~6am-11am at Classic BMW showroom parking lot in Plano (greater Dallas area), Texas. Hundreds of proud drivers from the Dallas/Fort Worth area and beyond congregate with like-minded aficionados and novices alike to share thoughts on a common passion. All types of cars are welcome to attend the event and there will be something for everyone to enjoy.

It’s all free minus the hot Starbucks coffee - donations from the coffee goes to charity.

I was down with cold/cough/fever due to an outing couple of days ago. On that Saturday morning, the temperature was ZERO degree celsius. But that did not deter my enthu to experience the event personally, and share the same with all of you. Also, it was a great opportunity for me to capture the event thru photo and experience, and share with my little son. [:D]

I made it to the event by 730AM. Took a whilst to find parking space, and walk to the event parking lot. The event parking lot was full of cars - of every breed and make; drivers from every tribe. It took me a whilst to come to terms that I was witnessing all these cars and some motorbikes, live. Once the emotions settled down, I went around row by row to closely watch every car.

I have hundreds of pictures from the event. Unfortunately, I did not have a professional camera. Never-the-less, my iPhone was good enough. I shall upload the pictures with minimal editing and some titles (where I could recognize the make/model). Please bear with me for few days.

PS: I took the text from couple of cars and coffee related websites to narrate the event, above. I dont know the authors but I have provided the link to some. I do not believe in plagiarism.

Thread Starter #3
Some more pictures - hope you like it.

There is a limit 25 files, hence I have to upload with multiple posts.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
The last instalment!

I could not edit every photo to name the car, and the highlight. But the petrolheads here can identify out of sheer curiosity [;)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Well, luck has it that I head to Dallas this week again. And it is first Saturday of the month so I have another chance to witness the event! I would be battered by jet lag (reaching Friday evening), but it is futile to defer the temptation.

Anything you guys are lookin for in particular from the event, which I can fetch it? Any suggestion for me to 'look for' in particular? I'll rely on my iPhone for pictures this time too.

Last edited:
@Manman

Nice pics buddy, they made my day[clap].

First I thought Red Astin is good, then the black Porsche and finally that Red Ferrari !!

Thread Starter #9
Well, it has been a whilst since I took pictures of another visit to Dallas - Cars and Coffee show (March '13 to be precise!). I have been busy (and lazy too [sleep]); took longer than expected time hoping to edit the photos with some meaningful comment. But now I realize, 'what the heck, the picture speaks thousand words for itself'. Hence going ahead uploading some of the pictures (30 pictures at a time, as that's the limit)

Some caution:
1. The pictures were taken using my iPhone 4 - hence not the best of the quality.
2. Absolutely no editing whatsoever - not even cropping. So bear with me.
3. Pictures were taken in certain angle, sometimes unconventional, as I view the car in full or partial. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder [;)]
4. I am mesmerized by the details - be it the exterior or the interior - be it the painting on the hood (bonnet) or the color coordination under the hood. Then there is swanky and shining wheels, tall wheels, macho bumpers,....

First time, also had a chance to inspect Telsa - the American electric car (Model S). The owner is showing the boot as well as under the hood (bonnet) - in the front. Details of this car is available online hence not writing much about it here.

You will see me in some photos (reflection in the car) - it was below zero freezing temperature in Dallas, during March. Obviously I had to cover up myself top to bottom. I struggled to click the button on the touch-screen with my gloves on. I had to remove whilst taking picture but had to put on the gloves as soon as my fingers went numb. Isn't fun, trust me.

And then finally, my first in a Ferrari! Met Asheesh, an Indian at the show with whom I started a conversation complimenting a black Ferrari. Did not realize it was his car, until he handed the keys to me to take a ride!! It took a whilst for me to realize what was happening. I got in the car, started, foot on the accelerator pedal to experience the sound and vibration, and then off. I did compliment my friend for his generosity but did not want to take the risk of driving a mean machine in a crowded space full of sports/luxury cars!

Posting a picture with Asheesh - I am on the left with grey fleece sweater.

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
2nd installment

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
3rd installment - uploading nearly 100 pictures - bear with me please.

Attachments

Thread Starter #12
And some more :-)

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
And finally, couple of my photos in Ferrari, and with Ferrari owner Asheesh.

That's it for now. I value and welcome your comments, feedback, criticism, suggestion to improve my 'phone photography', and whatever else guys.

Attachments

Top Bottom