Chinese Car Makers Becoming a Threat To Others. No Kidding!

Thread Starter #1
Will ...no ....Are Chinese brands [Car] becoming threat to others?

Thanks to the strong Chinese economy country’s automotive landscape is changing. Renowned international players are common (Chinese love the Buick Regal, still in production here), plus the nation is exporting its homegrown brands to Europe. Don’t laugh -- there was a time when nobody thought Japan could do it, either.

Chinese love cars and driving. I always wondered the number of cars on road majority of them being Audis,BMWs, Buicks, Cadillacs, Chrysler, Volkswagens, Volvos ,Mercedes-Benz, Mazda, Kia,Hyundai, Toyotas,Honda, Mitsubishi ,Nissan,Ford and the list gets bigger everytime i come out of my apartment.

Out of curiosity, after seeing some decent looking local cars, I did some research online for those chinese brands and here is my attempt to introduce to you various chinese car makers and some of their current products in the market.

approximately 1CNY=8.5 INR
All prices are MSRP​

1. Great Wall Motors [GWM]

Great Wall has already confirmed thier entry into India and could start manufacturing their vehicles in India in 2016

Great Wall Motors

Most Popular products:

1. Haval H6

2.0 L MT Petrol [ 95800 CNY to 115800 CNY ]
2.0 L MT Deisel [ 121800 CNY to 141,800 CNY]
2.0 L MT 4WD Deisel [131800 CNY to 151800 CNY ]

great-wall-haval-h6-009.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-007.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-005.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-010.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-011.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-012.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-016.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-018.jpg

great-wall-haval-h6-015.jpg

Which is a better buy guys XUV or Storme or H6 ? Sorry or Duster[lol]
to be continued...

Source: http://chinaautoweb.com/chinese-brands/

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Will ...no ....Are Chinese brands [Car] becoming threat to others? I am not jokin

The government will need to reframe policies once again if they're planning to jump into Indian markets with their cars. [lol]

On the other hand, rename the title of thread.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Will ...no ....Are Chinese brands [Car] becoming threat to others? I am not jokin

continued ...

I am listing the features of this model of Great Wall Motors [only] for a quick comparison with [frustration]

sp1.jpg

image002.jpg

Source: China Auto Web.com

Chinese brands are a threat because they copy other cars and sell them.

Thread Starter #5

2 Haval H5

2.0 L MT Diesel 4WD 113,800 CNY - 163,800 CNY
2.5TCI Diesel, 4WD 126,800 CNY - 158,800 CNY

6KDFBUF73KO70008.jpg

greatwallhavalh5006.jpg

great-wall-haval-h5-25tci-002.jpg

greatwallhavalh5007.jpg

to be continued...

Source: Chinaautoweb.com

Re: Chinese Car Makers Becoming a Threat To Others? No Kidding.

I dont think Chinese are threat to us but definitly our government policies are .I think they believe that bringing foreign investors to our nation will improve the relations with those countries as well as neighborhood.
I am sure job openings would be confirmed but mostly it would be in slave category.
I reckon with recent affairs in Suzuki plant at Manesar.

But my main concern is, will Chinese give Warrantys on the car, or is it similar to current chinese product in our country. Use and Throw.

No. I won't say never. But not in the foreseeable future. Their products are dirt cheap, that's it.

The haval H6 reminds me of the honda crv(front end). The interior is screaming crv. A big problem with Chinese.

Thread Starter #11

@Theferrarifan
@Jaydev
@vinu
@Dharmesh

Though they make cheap stuffs , I find most of them better built too in China. I too know that there are many cheap [price and quality] things are sold in the market in the name of “Chinese”. Are all of them really made in china? I doubt. Surprisingly in India , there are more takers for those cheaper things than the products made in India. If all those low quality products are of great demand in India ,we have to blame ourselves going for those “use and throw” articles. I also heard that those low quality products are manufactured targeting only countries like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc [frustration]

Here in China, most of the Chinese locals go for quality when it comes to their personal use. In my company every chinese office assistants use iPhones [mostly 4 and 4S] spending [around 4.5k CNY]much higher than their monthly wage. Though there are duplicate/fake iPhones available in the street markets [ for 500 CNY and with exactly same external features including the weight… ] I am yet to find a person who owns one of that type. It’s the same in cars too to some extend. There are much cheaper cars [both price and quality] seen on roads but some chinese brands like great wall motors who have launched some wonderful products not just in china but abroad too needs a bit more respect.
The H6 with all those listed features and a 4 star NCAP crash test rating [as I heard] is one among the top selling mid-size SUVs here in China along with Honda CRV and Volkswagen Tiguan. If they don’t offer warranty ,quality or are not reliable I don’t it can compete with those models,though some of its parts look familar though.
The biggest challenge for those quality seeking companies is certainly the image of Chinese products in the world market. They will certainly need to work hard on that. Especially in countries like India where most of us do not or do not want to know and accept the progress made by china in almost all areas of life. Its changing at a faster rate in the West.
If some of these chinese car brands start setting up manufacturing units and a good network of ASS in india, they might at least make some of the car makers already established in india realize that they are not doing any favour to indian public with their less reliable, overpriced products with inadequate modern features and safety requirements .

BTW more products to come...

Last edited:

I have been hearing good things atleast from manufacturers like great wall.
They have a decent market in exports namely in countries like australia.
But in india atleast they wont be a runaway success.
If they adopt their strategy similar to what hyundai did, then they should do decent numbers in future.

Thread Starter #13
Re: Chinese Car Makers Becoming a Threat To Others? No Kidding

Continued...

3. Great Wall Hover Pi [Luxury Edition (CC6672LB)]

2.4 L [298,800 CNY]

Limousine ? [shock]

greatwallhoverpai002.jpg

greatwallhoverpai006.jpg

greatwallhoverpai007.jpg

greatwallhoverpai008.jpg

greatwallhoverpai016.jpg

greatwallhoverpai015 (1).jpg

sp 1.png

ap2.png

Source: chinaautoweb.com

Thread Starter #14

4. Voleex C50 sedan from Great Wall Motor (GWM)

1.5L Turbo [78000 CNY to 91800 CNY]

great-wall-voleex-c5-001.jpg

great-wall-voleex-c5-012.jpg

great-wall-voleex-c5-013.jpg

great-wall-voleex-c5-014.jpg

great-wall-voleex-c5-017.jpg

great-wall-voleex-c5-019.jpg

great-wall-voleex-c5-020.jpg

Source: China Auto Web.com

Thread Starter #15

2.BYD and DENZA

BYD Auto Co Ltd is a Chinese automobile manufacturer based in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province.
Home | BYD

Denza

A joint venture with Daimler AG that will soon sell a single product under the Denza brand name,Shenzhen BYD Daimler New Technology Co is focused on EV development and upmarket sedans.In March 2011 the new company received a business license from the Chinese State and BYD, contractual agreement from its German partner.
Its first product likely based on a previous generation Mercedes-Benz B-Class, production is scheduled to begin in 2013.

DENZA Official Website- DENZA

1.DENZA EV Concept

BYD Daimler New Technology Co., Ltd.
Debut Date: 2012 Beijing Auto Show
Wheelbase (mm): 2880
Body Length/width/height (mm): 4699/1895/1580
Powertrain: pure-electric
Features: Rear-hinge doors, side cameras, three T-Pads, illuminating jade key, quick charger.
denza-ev-concept-001.jpg

denza-ev-concept-005.jpg

denza-ev-concept-014.jpg

denza-ev-concept-015.jpg

denza-ev-concept-017.jpg

denza-ev-concept-018.jpg

2.BYD S6 SUV

2.0L MT /2.4L AT/2.4L MT
Price : 89900 to 120900 [CNY]

byd-s6-001.jpg

byd-s6-002.jpg

byd-s6-003.jpg

byd-s6-004.jpg

byd-s6-005.jpg

byd-s6-008.jpg

byd-s6-013.jpg

byd-s6-019.jpg

Can you make out any difference between LEXUS RX [below]and the pictures above.[clap]

800px-2004-2005_Lexus_RX_330_(MCU38R)_Sports_Luxury_wagon_03.jpg

to be continued...

Source: http://chinaautoweb.com/chinese-brands/

Top Bottom