All New Skoda Octavia Caught Undisguised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
2013 Skoda Octavia Mk3 Caught Naked in Chile!

The new Octavia's design is heavily influenced by the VisionD concept car, albeit with a much longer rear overhang that creates the illusion of a sedan body (the new model keep its predecessor's five-door hatchback layout with a rear tailgate).

It's not only the skin that's fresh on the third generation Octavia but its underpinnings too, as the compact model rides on the VW Group's brand new MQB platform (shared with vehicles such as the VW Golf 7, Audi A3 and Seat Leon) that will likely result in a weight reduction despite an increase in size.

We also expect the German group to offer their latest turbocharged engines on the new Octavia, including the 1.4-litre TSI 138hp (140PS) with Active Cylinder Technology and 1.2-litre TSI 104hp (105PS) petrols and the 1.6-litre TDI 104hp (105PS) and 2.0-litre TDI 148hp (150PS) diesels, together with a selection of manual and dual-clutch DSG transmissions.

U Spy: 2013 Skoda Octavia Mk3 Caught Naked in Chile! - Carscoop

Octavia which is called Laura in our market is all set to enter production by early next year, hopefully by third quarter of next year we can expect Skoda to launch this product in our market.

Attachments

Re: 2013 Skoda Octavia

New Octavia is looking great and even the old one was a killer and a wonderful sedan.

And the car is looking superb with those alloys.

Let's see when this superb sedan hits Indian Market and at what price.

Re: 2013 Skoda Octavia

Looks too somber to me. The old octavia had attained a cult status among modders and enthusiasts and this one looks just another family sedan. Not sure what is VisionD concept, but to me it looks derived on the current Rapid platform. This one for sure doesn't carry the character that old one oozed of.

freakdude.

The power output seems to be on the lower side. Comparable to the rapid. Does it?
Btw the rear resembles the mondeo.

the car is a stunner! this is one car that i wish i had the option to buy instead of the civic. fabulous piece of kit and machinery.

Thread Starter #9
NDTV Car & Bike Show host Siddharth Patankar has tweeted saying that the next generation Octavia is just 10 days away from its public unveil. However the much awaited sedan will be officially launched only at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013.

Read more: 2013 Skoda Ocatavia to be unvieled at Prague in 10 days

Attachments

I liked the old Bonnet and grill more than this but car is looking refreshing. Skoda do not have presence in American market, in fact American market is dominated by Japs, Koreans (recently though) and American brands.
Lets wait for the final production version with specification and price. I am big fan of Skoda cars and their understated yet elegant style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom