Safety Truck Actros from Mercedes Benz

Re: Mercedes Benz Safety Truck!!!

Nice video,other than the driving environment enhancements & hill holding ,i dont think any of the features will work or be appreciated by Indian consumers,as even most of the lanes dont have white makers in India & traffic is always there so most of the function wont help,as for the stability control i would have loved to see how that thing would do in such a situation over a pot hole or speed breaker or in most Indian cases a two wheeler underneath it,

but i strongly feel hill holding capabilities will be most needed,I remember a horror incident where this trucker was turning towards "NICE" road (Bangalore),& he kept rolling back into our car,we had to reverse as every car behind was scattering off the road or diff lane,this happened for 30 meters [surprise], our car was just new two days old,& the driver dint have common sense to just stop trying to move forward & let the cars behind him get to safety ,instead he kept trying with him rolling back nonstop.And if you give these sleep deprived drunk guys trucks with anymore power god help us all !

Last edited:

With Bharat Benz in India , can we see these safety features on Indian Mercedes trucks.

I wish at least the under ride guard is implemented in all our trucks for gods shake .If I remember right we have a supreme court order regarding this . correct me if I am wrong.

With Bharat Benz in India , can we see these safety features on Indian Mercedes trucks.
The very purpose of introducing Bharat Benz was to implement cost cutting without diluting their brand image.

Cannot expect this type of features in Bharat Benz.

And by the way mukeshus has not mentioned whether it is a production vehicle.

It seems like a technology demonstrator.

guys this is great technology but wont this increase chances of more accidents?? well sudden braking can always increase more chance more accident if back vehicles also hit from behind rather than slow and steady breaking. am i right??

Top Bottom