The Fastest Cars Of 2012: The Top Ten

Thread Starter #1
When I was sixth grade,I use to have a lot of fights arguments with my friends about the Fastest Car. At that time,I was a Lambotghini fan boy and a Ferrari hater. So at that time,Murcielago was the fastest car according to me. Now I realise that it never was. So I have listed the fastest cars of 2012.(for fanboys like me)

Note: The AgeraR and Venom GT have a theoretical top speed of more than Veyron SS but have not been proved because the only place where it can be proved is a track owned by Bugatti.

So Here is the list of the fastest cars of 2012-

1. Hennessy Venom (442 Kmh)
Hennessey-Venom-GT-left-front.jpg
Hennessy is an American tuner who has come up with some crazy fast cars. So when they decided to come up with their own car,they ensured that its no slouch. And it is no slouch, powered by a 6.2L Corvette derived V8 engine which has been added with two gigantic turbos. It produces 1200 Horses and the best part is that all that power is bolted on a extremely light weight Lotus Exige chassis which has been heavily modified. So it does 0-100 in 2.5 Seconds and is a very exclusive hand built car,only 4 are made yet on order. And I am placing it above the Agera R although its a tie,because it is expected to be faster.

And Koenigsegg Agera R (442KMH)
koenigsegg-agera-r-1024x680.jpg

Koenigsegg,a Swedish hyper-car manufacturer,who has only been working to get the fastest car ever title. Koenigsegg are very exclusive cars,only 100 are built since the company debut in 2000. The reason being,completely hand built cars and that too built by around 8 people in Sweden. The Agera R is the special version of the Agera because it runs on runs on Bio-Fuels so it is also an eco-friendly car. The Agera R is powered by a 5.0L V8 Twin Turbo which produces 1,160 PS at 6900 rpm and over 1,100 N·m of torque from 2700 to 6170 rpm. It can hit 100Kmph in just 2.9 Seconds. Although the tested topspeed of the Agera R is only 420Km/h but has been expected to be 442Km/h but not has been achieved yet because the only place where it can be tested is an oval track owned by V.W. so obviously they were not allowed to test the Agera there.
Still I have faith that its a faster car,it has already broke six world records for performance. And this is personally my favorite car apart the F1. Price-15 crore approx.

2. Bugatti Veyron SS (435 Km/h)
ss veyron.jpg

This car needs no introduction. It was recenlty launched in India at 16 crore.[surprise] although its officially the fastest car, it has been smoked by the Agera R in almost every other area apart top speed,which soon will also be taken care of[;)]. The Veyron is powered by the biggest engine in this list,a 8L,W16 QuadTurbo or Four Turbos. Its mammoth engine produces 1,200 PS and torque of 1,500 Nm. Its a more powerful and a bit more aerodynamic version of the Veyron 16.4. The 16.4 lost to the SSC Ultimate Aero in the fastest car battle,so Bugatti fought back with the SS(Super Sports). Even though the Veyron is for 16 crore, V.W is reported to make some loss on every car they sell. That's because V.W. put their heart and sole into the Veyron and has spent a lot of money developing it. They wanted to make the Veyron the fastest car and also a car that can be driven everyday. And that what is automotive art is all about.

3. SSC Ultimate Aero (413 Km/h)
ssc-ultimate-aero-red-side-view.jpg

SSC or Shelby Super Cars is an American company which is not in anyway similar to Shelby behind the Cobra or GT500. This is the modern day version of the Mclaren F1,because its got no ABS or traction control and is claimed to be fun to drive if a bit dangerous. Its also powered by a V8 Chevrolet engine which is either supercharged or has an optional Two Turbos added with a Supercharger. And all of those goodies produce a whopping 1,046 bhp @ 6950 rpm and Torque - 1,113 N·m @ 6200 rpm. It can hit top speeds of 413 Km/h and was the fastest car ever when unveiled back in 2007 to 2010 when the Super Sports Veyron came in. It was also much cheaper than the Veyron at 8 crore rupees and only 24 were ever made. The production has ended but the hope to regain its title has not. A successor for the Aero was reviled which is the SSC Tuatura and will be out in some time.

4. Saleen S7 Twin Turbo (399 Km/h)
Saleen-S7-Twin-Turbo.jpg

Saleen is another American tuning brand who decided to build there own hyper-car.
The Saleen is like the SSC an hand built car powered by a Ford derived small block 7.0L twin turbo engine which produces 750 horsepower at 6300 rpm, and the maximum torque to 950Nm at 4800 rpm. It could hit top speeds of almost 400Km/h.did 0-100 in 3 seconds and was in production back in 2005. The Saleen was said to be built on a custom chassis and is relative cheap here at approximately 6 crore.

5. Koenigsegg CCX (395 Km/h)
koenigsegg_ccx_2-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

The CCX was Koenigsegg's second attempt for the fastest cars title but was not enough. This car has been personally tested by me and has achivied a top speed of 399Km/h in NFS Hot Pursuit [lol]. Its powered by a Koenigsegg developed 4.7L Twin Supercharged V8 capable of producing 806 PS at 7000 rpm and 920 Nm at 5700 rpm. It could hit a top speed of 399Km'h and did 0-100 in 3.2 Seconds. There was also an even more powerful CCX-R.

6. Mclaren F1 (372 Km/h)
Mclaren-F1-.jpg

This is my most favorite car ever. I might sound like a fan boy when doing this,but I could not help it,its that good. The F1 was introduced in 1992 and was Mclarens first road car.It was powered by a BMW's 6.1L V12, which produced 627Ps of horsepower and 618 hp 627 PS at 7400 rpm and torque output of 651 N·m at 5600 rpm. The car was designed by Gordon Murray did 0-100 in 3.2Seconds and hit 372(Km/h). It was designed to be the closest road legal car to an F1 car and hence the name. It was such a focused machine that even the Engine bay had gold inside because gold is the best heat absorbing metal. The car had no electronic aids and was neither left hand nor right hand, the steering was in the middle just like an F1 car. Mclaren did not expect or aim to be the fastest but by mistake,they were and for ten years. It was the first hyper-car and is still the most fastest naturally aspirated car ever. And it still has more BHP/tonne than a Bugatti Veyron. And as it was reported that the Veyron had to try 10 times to beat this legend in a drag race for Top Gear.Its not the fastest car now but was the most dominant and the IMO the best one. Was originally for 900.000$ but now a used one is for 2 million dollars because of a very limited 101 cars production. The new P1 is its replacement but no where as fast as this.

7. Zenvo ST1 (374 Km/h)
Zenvo ST1 Car HD Wallpaper (10).jpg

This new Danish car company also wants to fight for the fastest car crown. The ST1 was unveiled in 2008 and was powered by a 7.0L supercharged and turbo engine which produces 1,250 hp at 6,900 rpm and 1,430 Nm of torque at 4,500 rpm making it the most powerful car here. But it was not even close to the first place,none the less its a great car. Its the first Super car from Denmark and its also designed to be used everyday. It hits 0-100 in 3.0 seconds and has top speeds of 374(km/h). And the car is all Danish so kudos to them.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
8.Noble M600(362Km/h)
Noble-M600_2010_1280x960_wallpaper_02.jpg

Noble is a small British sports car manufacturer who usually comes up with extremely quick,small and light weight cars. The M600 is the best from Noble and like every other Noble,it has no driving aids or any electronics,not even airbags. But I think airbags are required because this car is powered by a Volvo XC90s V8. That engine produces around 300 horses but for the M600,it was tuned by Yamaha and two huge turbos were added to the Volvo engine. This car produces 650Ps@6800rpm of power and torque of 800nm@4800rpm. That is a very huge upgrade from the stock 4.4L V8 Volvo engine. Results are 0-100 in 3.0seconds and top speeds of 362Km/h. This car was designed to fight the Ferrari 458 Italia and the Lamborghini Gallardo but it is much faster than a Pagani Zonda F which is a whole league above. But its not cheap @300,000$ for one and only 50 are made every year.

And Gumpert Apollo(362Km/h)
Gumpert-Apollo_2008_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

The Gumpert is a German super car builder who was founded in 2004. Gumpert wanted to make a race car which is road legal too. And they did and called it the Apollo. The Apollo is a hardcore track car which was never intended to be in this list,none the less it is by mistake. Its powered by a 4.2L V8 from Audi which has been twin turbo charged to produce 650Ps of power for the base model. But if you want more,the race version produces 800 horses but is not road legal so its not here. The price for the Apollo is 500,000$ but now this company is bankrupt,thanks to the rescission.

9.Aston Martin One-77(354Km/h)
Aston_Martin-One-77_2010_1280x960_wallpaper_04.jpg
This is after a long time that an Aston has made it to the list. And its just not any Aston,its Aston Martins best yet. And it is also the fastest Aston yet. And also the most expensive one,in fact it was the most expensive production car when it came out in 2008. It was also launched in India for 18 crore. So what are they giving you in exchange for a lot of money? A 7.3L V12 naturally aspirated gasoline engine. It produces 760Ps of power and 750Nm of torque,making it the most powerful naturally aspirated car ever. Only 77 were made and hence the name,0ne-77.
The One-77 does 0-100 in 3.4Seconds and can hit 354Km/h. What Aston calls it,the fastest form of automotive art.

And Lamborghini Aventador LP-700-4(354Km/h)
Lamborghini-Aventador_LP700-4_2012_1280x960_wallpaper_07.jpg

This is the only Lamborghini here and that too at 9th position. Never the less its a very quick car and extremely good looking one. It came out in 2011,replacing Lamborghini's previous flagship, Murcielago. It was powered by an all new 6.5L V12 since the Countach. This V12 produces 700Ps of power @ 8,250 rpm and Max. torque of 690 N·m @ 5,500 rpm. This bull can do 0-100Km/h in 2.9Seconds and is priced for 330,000$.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
again , a very nice thread [:)] rating 5 stars.

i didn't know most of the facts you wrote above and when i read This car has been personally tested by me and has achivied a top speed of
i was like [shock] i read the line again , just to make sure i read it right [lol]

really amazing. and most of the cars which are not even available in india , you mentioned their prices in rupees and aventador in dollars. find the price and update it in rupees please.

and VW should allow other cars to be tested on their track , if beaten they will think of developing another veyron. and the reason apolo's going bankrupt is the same as VW. investing so much without feasible returns. this sucks.

well there should be limits and all humans do is pass it and cause such things for joy of just a few.

Excellent thread TFF, rated 5 stars. Thanks for presenting and treating us with the consolidation of earth's fastest mean machines.

freakdude.

Very nice thread buddy[clap] and good amount of info.

Actually there are many people who still think that the Bugatti is the fastest car but it's not the case now. last week i was just talking to my friends and all of them were praising Bugatti as being the fastest and were not ready to listen to me and then i showed them the real deal on a some website and other sources.

But i was reading few days back that Bugatti is preparing for a new version which will again regain them the first position.

Nice thread TFF as usual.
BTW, where are SSC Tuatara(I guess it's yet to be checked but it's claimed top speed is 440+) and Pagani Huayra??

Most interesting point was:
"I have personally tested it", for once I was like [shock], but then I read it complete and became happy thinking that I have also tested many cars 'personally' to 400+ speeds, same source(NFS series)[glasses]

Last edited:
good thread The Ferrari Fan. the Huayra hasnt been really tested that much i guess. Also the Porsche 918 is fast but maybe for the 2013 list? Tuatara is coming out in 2013 thats why its not in this list i guess.

Excellent thread buddy. Loved reading every bit of this thread.

When I was sixth grade,I use to have a lot of fights arguments with my friends about the Fastest Car. At that time,I was a Lambotghini fan boy and a Ferrari hater. So at that time,Murcielago was the fastest car according to me. Now I realise that it never was. So I have listed the fastest cars of 2012.(for fanboys like me)
Cant agree more. The argument continues even today since most of the people (non-autoheads ofcourse) believe that Veyron is the fastest on earth, while the truth is different and very clearly depicted in this thread.

EDIT: BTW i too was a Lambo fan, Murciélago and co-incidently an Anti-ferrarian, the reason being i hated the way Ferrari horn sounded in NFS II [lol]. Yes i was :stupid:

Actually there are many people who still think that the Bugatti is the fastest car but it's not the case now. last week i was just talking to my friends and all of them were praising Bugatti as being the fastest and were not ready to listen to me and then i showed them the real deal on a some website and other sources.

But i was reading few days back that Bugatti is preparing for a new version which will again regain them the first position.
Count me in. Till I read this post, I also thought Bugatti was the fastest car.

Nice thread mate. Giving well deserved 5 stars.

Although we all try to maintain sedate driving pattern most of the time, but when it comes to fastest car and speed, hearts starts pumping like it is having 16 cylinders and speed of the same is infinite hearts beats per minute. [clap]

Thread Starter #12
Thanks everybody for reading it and giving it five stars[clap]. This thread is actually incomplete now but will complete it with the Tenth car. As for the list,i was only doing to top seven but later decided to do more.
The ssc tuatara is just a prototype for now and is not in production. The pagani Huyara is yet to be tested and is not yet on sale.

Thread Starter #13
10. Ferrari F60 Enzo Ferrari(350Km/h)

The Enzo might be the most popular super car ever made. It was unveiled back in 2002 and is the successor to the F50. These F series cars are produced to celebrate Ferraris anniversary,for e.g the F50 is the result of ferraris 50 years of racing. This F60 was called as the Enzo Ferrari because it was the tribute to Enzo Ferrari,the man behind the prancing horse. Because it was a tribute to the father of Ferraris,the F60 had to be Ferraris best yet. When launched in 2002,it was one of the most advance cars ever made and was the fastest track car ever. It did not even have electric windows,not even handles to close the door just to save weight. It was powered by Ferraris best yet,a 6.0L naturally aspirated V12. The engine could produce 660 PS at 7800 rpm and 657 N·m at 5500 rpm. It was the most powerful Ferrari when unveiled. Only 400 were made at a base price of 660,000$(3.6 crore) when new but now is auctioned at 1.2 million$(6.5 crore). It could hit 100Km/h in 3.3 seconds and top speeds was 350Km/h. It was not actually designed to be the fastest car because at 320Km/h, the cars weight increases by almost 900Kg because of the down force.The new F70 is around the corner and will be even better than the Enzo.
Ferrari-Enzo_2002_1280x960_wallpaper_01.jpg

The Ferrari Enzo is one car I really want to keep for life,unfortunately,its only in left hand drive,cannot have it here in India. Will settle for the 599 which has the same engine with minute changes[:)],well that is if i comfortable enough to own them [roll].
Oh a little thing people dont know about the Enzo is it has a pop up spoiler at the back its something even many magazines missed,well now you know !
And Zenvo ST1 has a higher claimed top speed than you have mentioned i think ?

Thread Starter #15
The Ferrari Enzo is one car I really want to keep for life,unfortunately,its only in left hand drive,cannot have it here in India. Will settle for the 599 which has the same engine with minute changes[:)],well that is if i comfortable enough to own them [roll].
Oh a little thing people dont know about the Enzo is it has a pop up spoiler at the back its something even many magazines missed,well now you know !
And Zenvo ST1 has a higher claimed top speed than you have mentioned i think ?
Yeah that chromed ferrari badge part is an airbrake and spoiler.
No st1s top speed is 233Mph or 375Km/h
Forgot to mention the sources:
netcarshow.com for fabulous wallpapers
Wikipedia for the specs.

Last edited:

Top Bottom