Toyota Fortuner 2.5 L Turbo Diesel Introduced in Malaysia

Thread Starter #1
Toyota Fortuner with a new 2.5 Liter turbo diesel engine introduced in Malaysia

Toyota Malaysia has introduced the Fortuner with a brand new 2.5 Liter turbo diesel engine. This four cylinder turbo diesel, though much smaller than the 3 Liter D-4D unit.It produces the same amount of torque while also being more fuel efficient than the bigger engine. The Malaysia-spec Fortuner’s 2.5 Liter D-4D turbo diesel engine gets a new variable geometry turbocharger and an intercooler. These measures allow the 2.5 Liter D-4D engine to produce the same amount of torque as that of the 3 liter unit, at a rated torque output of 343 Nm.
Toyota Malaysia - Fortuner
updated_intercooler.gif
The Fortuner, being a big and butch SUV can definitely do with some improvements on the fuel efficiency front and the new 2.5 Liter D-4D turbo diesel is launched to compete with more powerful and fuel efficient, yet smaller engines for SUVs like the Santa Fe.

All said, Toyota Kirloskar Motors has announced that will not introduce any new product in the next three years. Toyota will spend the next few years in strengthening the Etios and Liva brands in India.[frustration]

Toyota - No new product launches in India for next 3 years

Re: Toyota Fortuner with a new 2.5 Liter turbo diesel engine introduced in Malaysia

This would happen unless market forces them to improve.
Only if rexton or captiva could up their game.

Re: Toyota Fortuner with a new 2.5 Liter turbo diesel engine introduced in Malaysia

Fortuner is still selling well but this could set charts on fire. Still pajero is for the man so I would still go for it.

Thread Starter #4

This would happen unless market forces them to improve.
Only if rexton or captiva could up their game.
+1000. For me rexton is the one.Mahindra doesn't seem to market it as well as it did for XUV though.

Fortuner loosing 500 cc of displacement!!
Naa, this is not done, why? Because "Displacement has no replacement". I am sure some responsiveness and thrust will be lost in this exercise.

Thread Starter #7

Even if Rexton gets accepted by the indian car market,I guess it won't be a big threat to Fortuner as its annual manufacturing capacity is just around 5k,as I read somewhere.

I wonder Kirloskar-themselves owning a respectable engine manufacturing unit-has any role in the making of Toyota engines.

Top Bottom