I have used blackberry bold,I phone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S 2. There are some pros and cons of every phone.Listing it for people who are planning to buy smart phone in near future. Blackberry:
1) QWERTY keypad which is just fun to type. If you are sms addict or an executive with too many e mails to compose,BB is the phone for you.
2) Good battery life: when you compare it with androids and i phone, BB has longer battery life. Though the new OS touch BB comes with poor battery performance but still you can get 1-3 days battery on routine use of non touch BB models.
3) All keys of QWERTY keypad can be assigned for a dedicated fast dial.So you can have so many fast dialing contacts. This feature is only available in BB phones.
4) Easy menu and setting functions: Compare to androids and i phone assessing menu and going in to setting is much easy.
5) You can easily answer the phone call by pressing answer key. No sliding like androids or i phones. It becomes easy when your hand is wet or greasy.
6) There is a mute button on top so when phone rings and you want to make ringer silent,just press mute button.
7) Dedicated camera button which is not there in i phone or some android phones.
8) The BB messenger
9) You can upgrade to latest OS in old phone.There are even custom OS available by developers.
1) You have to pay service provider monthly for BB enterprise service something around 150-200 Rs per month to access e mails and use BB messenger.
2) Even with basic GPRS subscription you cant use all features of BB without enterprise activation.
3) Handset becomes slow and sometimes unresponsive when connected to GPRS.
4) All BB handsets take 10 minutes to reboot. Very long and annoying wait when you remove battery and re insert it.
5) All BBs looks like twins. Whether you use basic curve or higher end bold they look the same from distance. Only a true BB lover can spot which model is there in your hand.
6) Old models of BB had problem of trackball dysfunction in our dusty environment however new models have trackpad so no problem.
7) Setting has so many headings and sub headings. Its difficult sometimes to go to desired setting.
8) Menu and home screen are not attractive.They looks old fashioned.
9) Everything you download hides in download folder.You can move it to some other folder or home screen.
10) BB APP World is offering far less apps when you compare it with apple or androids. Very few are free. You have to pay for BB plan if you want to run FB app ANDROIDS
1) Google Play previous android market sells everything in INR. No need of $. There are so many free apps to choose from.
2) Most android phones have capacitive touch screen which gives joy of touch.No need of stylus.
3) It depends on the processor and RAM of your phone but most upper end android devices are fast.
4) No need to pay extra like BB enterprise. Basic GPRS subscription covers everything.From messengers,social networking sites and many e mail accounts.
5) Very user friendly menu and settings. There is also short cuts to many basic function which you can pull down from a home screen .
6) so many widgets available which can create most used settings shortcuts on home screens.
7) You can keep desired number of users on home screen for frequent messaging/dialing.
8) The most important and useful point in android is its address book synchronization with Google account.Whenever you add a person in address book phone asks you whether to save it in Google account. When you save it in Google account, that contact is automatically added / modified/ deleted in all android devices of yours which has same Google account. No worry of loosing contact list when handset is stolen or no need to add or delete contacts in multiple phones.
1) Very poor battery: It is the worst problem with androids
you cant expect to work with this devices for more than 24 hours without charging on 2G. When you are using 3G, always keep your charger ready as you have to charge it every 10-12 hours.Larger and brighter the screen,poorer the battery
2) It is very difficult to answer or reject phone call with a wet or greasy hands. Fingers keep sliding on screen but there will be no desired response
3) Touch devices needs two hands at a time one to hold the phone and one to touch screen. You cant work with a single hand as you can do on BB.
4) Android devices basic models have poor screen resolutions which makes it difficult to read under sunlight.
5) most android phones lack dedicated music and camera buttons.You can miss precious moment to click while searching for camera ikon.
6) All brands don't allow OS up gradation. If your phone has gingerbread OS and your phone's manufacturer doesn't allow you to upgrade to latest ice cream sandwich or jelly beans,you cant.... I PHONE
1) Status symbol; If you have an i phone than you are bigshot and you are intellectual.
2) Superb Retina display
3) Great camera
4) Lovely sound quality when you listen music.
5) Only one button does all.
6) So called SEIRY
7) OS up gradation offered to all models you can use os of i phone 4 in your old i phone 3
8) Mute button on top long press to reject call.
1) All cons of touch device mentioned in androids.
2) Costly apps. App market deals in $. Very few free apps.
3) I Tunes sucks. You must have dedicated PC/ Laptop with whom you connect i phone every time. If there is some file in phone which you removed for a PC that file will be erased from phone when you connect it with PC.If you connect new PC with phone there are so many problems.
4) Bluetooth is only for headphone. You can't share files,pics,music with bluetooth. So the tooth here is like elephant tooth.Only for show not to chew...
5) You can not open I phone,you can't remove battery.Sometimes when phone hangs and you need a restart of phone this creates problem.
6) Microsim in i phone 4 : you have to cut the normal simcard with a cutter to use it in i phone 4. If your i phone is not working well or battery has drained out and you want your sim to be inserted in your another handset,the micro sim will not fit.
7) SEIRY doesn't know Indian English. It will not obey commands given by an indian in English.
these are the points which i noted after using all these devices. I welcome comments from other members.thanks