Phone? Tablet?

Thread Starter #1
Hello!

My father has got an offer from a company worth 35K. My father decided to buy a Tablet with that as we don't own. We can stretch to 40K if needed. But I think I should wait for the S3 to come to the market. So, What to buy? Phone or Tablet? It would be highly appreciated for the opinions and suggestions.[:)]

I guess Galaxy note would be a perfect fit. It's big enough to serve as a tablet and still fits in palm to be used as a phone. Fast processor coupled with amazing touch screen.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3
Sorry, not a Note as it is a bit older product.

EDIT: It's not an offer, we are buying it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
galaxy s3 is rumored to launch on 31st may for a price of 42500.

even if you want to buy a new product , its better to wait for a month or two , normal availability as well as prices are slashed down. so i'm guessing you can buy it for 36-38k after waiting some time.

also , tablet i feel can only be used indoors. i mean it looks really odd when a person records something or takes pictures or even talk on tablets [lol]

s3's screen is 4.7 \ 4.8" so its more than enough.

and you didn't specify your needs [:)]

Thread Starter #5
galaxy s3 is rumored to launch on 31st may for a price of 42500.

even if you want to buy a new product , its better to wait for a month or two , normal availability as well as prices are slashed down. so i'm guessing you can buy it for 36-38k after waiting some time.

also , tablet i feel can only be used indoors. i mean it looks really odd when a person records something or takes pictures or even talk on tablets.

s3's screen is 4.7 \ 4.8" so its more than enough.

and you didn't specify your needs.
Agree. For the specs, I need is everything[lol]! But I think he will wait for a month or two[sleep] There's also a big competitor to S3, the One X.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
one should purchase a phone tablet according to his needs and not the specs [;)] i feel this way.

yup htc one x has similar specs and is available for 35k. my friend will purchase one phone , either the s3 or the htc one x. if he does before you i'll add a review.

Thread Starter #7
one should purchase a phone tablet according to his needs and not the specs [;)] i feel this way.

yup htc one x has similar specs and is available for 35k. my friend will purchase one phone , either the s3 or the htc one x. if he does before you i'll add a review.
Specs=Needs[:)] I think I can wait for some reason. And yes, your review would be highly appreciated. When is he buying? Can you get the approx. date?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Oh ok ao you want the top end phone :p

It depends on his dad's mood [:D] his dad and his sis purchased a iphone 4s and galaxy note so jez reluctant to add another 40000 expense [:D]

But yes he will buy within a week of galaxy s3 launch because he can't wait and if the price difference of s3 and one x is more than he may buy the one x.

Thread Starter #9
Oh ok ao you want the top end phone :p

It depends on his dad's mood [:D] his dad and his sis purchased a iphone 4s and galaxy note so jez reluctant to add another 40000 expense.

But yes he will buy within a week of galaxy s3 launch because he can't wait and if the price difference of s3 and one x is more than he may buy the one x.
He is so [glasses] I'll be waiting for your review. Tell him to buy an S3 also[evil]
And add a review of that!!

Hello!

My father has got an offer from a company worth 35K. My father decided to buy a Tablet with that as we don't own. We can stretch to 40K if needed. But I think I should wait for the S3 to come to the market. So, What to buy? Phone or Tablet? It would be highly appreciated for the opinions and suggestions.[:)]
I would suggest you to go for the new flagship offering from Samsung that is the SIII.Bookings have already begun in Samsung Smartfone cafes.
If you want something like a tablet , go for the Galaxy Note. But its currently running Gingerbread. Its expected to get Android 4.0 ICS update soon which would in-turn improve the overall performance drastically.

Thread Starter #11
@Vishnunarayanan, obviously I'am waiting for the S III. But Galaxy Note is not in my range.
The Phone/Tablet I 'am going to buy should have ICS stock installed. And of course, developer support too.

@Vishnunarayanan, obviously I'am waiting for the S III. But Galaxy Note is not in my range.
The Phone/Tablet I 'am going to buy should have ICS stock installed. And of course, developer support too.
I visited a Samsung Cafe today to have a glance at the Samsung Galaxy SII and the guys there were pushing me to wait and opt for Galaxy SIII seeing my interest in SII. There I saw a board "Bookings Open for Galaxy SIII" . According to the people there SIII would be around 36000-38000.

Top Bottom