Problems in Playing Games on Dell Inspiron 15R

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hello to all ,

i have a dell inspiron 15r , i5 processor , 4 gb ram , 500 gb hdd.
even with high specifications , my games lag.

i play burnout paradise most of the time and i have played the same game in i3 processor with 2 gb ram with no problems at all.

so i really don't know what's the problem in my laptop. i even re-installed the windows.

there some power options in the battery menu , i set it to high performance but still no change.

Thread Starter #4

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
sometimes it works without any problem [confused] i even asked the dell community but no one replies. i have lots of knowledge for phones but not computers :stupid:

the thing is another computed has built in graphics card according to i3 , and i have built in graphics card according to i5.

Check the spec of your graphics card, moreover in the latest NVIDIA Graphics card it provides an option for the user to select either the default inbuilt mother board graphics card or NVIDIA Graphics

I had faced issue on my ASUS as by default it directs all apps to default in-built intel graphics, after i selected the NVIDIA Graphics for games it works fine

a graphics card atleast with 1 GB is good to go

Thread Starter #7

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
thanks for the suggestion guys.

another input : when i set the battery power plan to high performance , i can play the game without any lag at 30 pfs.

but when i plug in the charger and play , it increases to 60 fps but lags sometimes [confused]

and MSN 1 - how to change the default graphics card ? i'm hopeless at computers [:D]

@allhyundaicars you will need to either buy from Dell itself if they offer 3rd party graphics card (like NVIDIA so on) for sale or you need to buy outside & get it installed on your laptop.

However don't just go & buy the graphics card, first check in the laptop's manual whether your motherboard has a PCIE slot, it would say something like PCIE v1.0, 2.0 or the latest v3.0 or like 1x, 4x, 8x & 16x (16x being the higher & faster module support, can be corrected on it)

Depending on the above information you can buy a third party graphics card & get it installed by a trained technician, I suggest a Dell technician if the laptop is still in Warranty. Once the graphics card is in place the on board graphics card will be disabled & your display will be from the new graphics card

thanks for the suggestion guys.

another input : when i set the battery power plan to high performance , i can play the game without any lag at 30 pfs.

but when i plug in the charger and play , it increases to 60 fps but lags sometimes [confused]

Google for power save futures in laptops, and first refer your Dell Laptop manual and take help from their phone support

and MSN 1 - how to change the default graphics card ? i'm hopeless at computers [:D]
for my model Graphics NVIDIA Card the following link helped out
Optimus Technology

download Optimus technology whitepaper [adobe format]using the following link
http://www.nvidia.com/attach/3039887.html?type=support&primitive=0

Page 17 on Optimus Whitepaper resolved my issue.

I recommend you to defragment the hard drive which the game is installed and try. I think the software 'Game Booster' makes a bit faster giving you a bit more FPS.

Thread Starter #11

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Guys thanks for your suggestion. Will follow all the suggested things to do.

One thing that bugs me it can't be the graphics card because game works perfect sometimes.

Can this be happening because of the original windows making the laptop slow with all those services running ?

hey allhyundaicars your lagging problems sounds like a cooling issue
do use a laptop stand with fans below for keeping the gfx and processor cooler
its a known fact laptops dont have a huge fan to keep things cool inside like a desktop

Top Bottom