Computer / Laptop User Reviews!

Thread Starter #1
I understand this is not an IT related forum but without a computer or laptop it doesnt make any sense either. so let us all provide some fair inputs concerning the PC's used by us,maybe it will help a potential buyer.

I have seen similar thread For particular "brand" here but let this be for general one for all of them.

Thread Starter #2
Re: PC - user reviews

I am using toshiba,L640.
i5 second gen,3gb,radeon 512mb vram. win7, index rating of 4.9
35200 INR.

the specs can be collected from website or googled.

body is of made of cheap plastic , very flimsy to handle and scratch lover.

ergonomically there nothing but keybord keys. and function keys are bit too slow which may or ma not work when needed.

Sound output is crap from those tiny speakers . it have never ever seen conexant HD audio driver with Smart audio controls. all that it helps is worsen the sound from worst.

video rendering and grafix acceleration is satisfactory and computing is brilliantly fast with 2.4 quad core feels Luxurious.

fan noise become too much annoying sometimes though much silent than Dell inspiron but not upto contemporary standards.

battery last 1.5hours in high perfomance mode
2.0hour in balanced perfomance
2.15~2.45 hours in power saver mode.
tested while using mozilla with 6 tabs open,Chrome with 4 tabs, a folder, mediaPlayer running and nokia OVI suite running behind as major programs.

Does not shows or indicate battery low/critical warnings . just shutdowns.(fiddled with all kind of settings in power plans)

utilities are mostly uselesstilities, so far I could not find any use of them, namely bulletin board,face recognition,media controller,speach system,wireless radar etc.

crappy face recognition system which need direct sunlight on your face to pass.

perfomance-4/5 considering my use

aesthetic-2.5/5

built quality-1/5

ergonomics-2.5/5

my hands on experience rating with this product is "below Par." (2/5)

Drive safe.
cheers.

Last edited:

I am using IBM Lenevo L410 and performance is satisfactory. I do not know anything about the price as the same was provided by company.

But I think, Dell laptops are better than IBM.

I am using a Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M6500 with the following configurations.

Genuine Windows(R) 7 Professional 64bit (English)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-940XM Processor (8M Cache, 2.13 GHz)
12GB (2x2GB+2x4GB) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
HD,320GB,FFS,7.2K,2.5,SGT-HOLL
2.5" 256GB Mobility Solid State Drive
12GB (2x2GB+2x4GB) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA QUADRO FX 3800M Video Card.

This is provided by my company. Good speed. But very heavy lugging it around.

Highway Ranger that is some serious configuration [;)]

I made my own PC , I don't get stuff put together from other companies .

I assembled :
-AMD x6 1055T 2.8ghz (base speed can overclock to 3.2ghz) 6 cores and about 9 mb cache
-AsRock 800MLE/USB3.0 motherboard
-8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Ram 1333 MHz
-WD 500 GB H.D.D
-LG dual layer DVD+-RW Sata
-Shaw Titan G7 CAse
-Nvidia 9500 GT 512 MB GPU
- TP Link Wireless Card ( USB)

Well this is my CPU configuration
I am using windows 7 64 bit edition with SP1 installed. I have a 23" LG LED Monitor at Full HD 1920x1080p resolution. For a Sound , I got Logitech x530 Speakers and I use Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse .

This whole setup is pretty good , I am more than happy with what I get in return :)

Photo:

Please ignore the stuff lying on the table my family's here from overseas so those phones and all are gift [:)]

Attachments

Last edited:
macbook pro 13 inch
late 2011
2.8 ghz core i7
4gd ddr3 ram
750gb hdd

well i have always found my self more comfortable using mac and apple laptops or desktops. For me using a windows system feels akward.
anyways the laptop is pretty good. boos up and shuts down fast.
applications open up quickly

the build quality is pretty good, although i miss my old polycarbonate unibody which had an antislip base. this ones just about good. i get a battery life of around 3.5 hours with 100% display brightness wifi usage music as well as some movies. or else i get 5 hours with brightness set to 50%

while viewing any flash pages the laptop does get fairly hot and if you have multiple tabs open and view a youtube video or log on to a site with lots of flash data it can get extremely hot. temperature normally fluctuate between 56-90 degrees and the fan starts spinning up like crazy and gets a bit irritating. not to mention the base which gets hot owing to the aluminum casing.

apple does provide good after sales support although they do take fairly long sometimes.
if your out of warranty and you have an hardware issue be expected to shell out a lot of money.

As far as i know dell has much better after sales service. And since a laptop requires you to visit you to the service center for replacements, it makes sense to go the dell way.

The advantage of assembled pc is that you can yourselves troubleshoot the problems and if any component goes kaput can get it replaced or buy them separately.

i own a Dell Inspiron N4110

14 inch (Easy to carry)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M Processor ( 2.10 GHz)

4GB Ram
500 GB Hard Drive

Display: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio

Actual cost $550 (Rs 26000 /-) but i got a deal and paid $650 (Rs 31850/-). The deal was that with this model you get a xbox 360 free. was kind of a bundle pack. [:D]

haha singh you paid $100 for an a xbox 360 awesome.
Yes and i already had one in US but i wanted to send one to my brother back in India. So i got that for him. So if i convert it in INR it only costed me Rs 4850/- as dollar was Rs 48.50 at that time.[;)]. So it was one hell of a deal for me.

Usually you won't find any deals on Apple. but i remember last year they were giving an ipod touch free with Mac Book Pro. And i never see apple products in sale either.

But still People buy coz its APPLE and yes it's different and awesome. I am planning to buy the MacPro in a while.

i own a Dell Inspiron N4110

14 inch (Easy to carry)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M Processor ( 2.10 GHz)

4GB Ram
500 GB Hard Drive

Display: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio

Actual cost $550 (Rs 26000 /-) but i got a deal and paid $650 (Rs 31850/-). The deal was that with this model you get a xbox 360 free. was kind of a bundle pack. [:D]
Bought the same model (N4110) around a month back in India for 34K(inclusive of DELL Employee Discount). It had a Windows 7 Home Premium Edition and of course without the bundle pack, which singh got

Bought the same model (N4110) around a month back in India for 34K(inclusive of DELL Employee Discount). It had a Windows 7 Home Premium Edition and of course without the bundle pack, which singh got
It's a nice laptop and is serving me good so far[:)]

Top Bottom