The Tablet PC Buying Thread: Ask Your Queries Here

Thread Starter #1

vikram

Suspended
I am on the lookout for a decent tablet PC. My budget is rather low to be honest. But still what is the best I can get in this budget ? My budget is 20,000 INR.
I have used Dell Streak earlier but did not like it (neither a tablet nor a phone,hanging somewhere in the middle.lol)
I liked HTC flyer but was way too expensive! And Blackberry Playbook/Apple Ipad are too but I don't think will fit in my budget. Any suggestions ?

Re: Which Tablet PC to buy in India?

Check the Iball Slide Cost @ 14000, I guess it is the great buy at this price. One of my friend has got it. I liked it.
Check the details, it will suit your budget also it has loads of features- Rather mentioning it here you can check them here-iBall Slide. Enjoy the ride.

Nice, a tablet thread. Just what i thought of. I am off to buy a new tablet by the end of this month. Here are the ones i shortlisted. I agree they are recently launched & are yet to be available in the market. Hope they hit the shelves by Diwali[:D]

HCL ME X1
Lenovo Ideapad A1
MSI Windpad Enjoy 7
I-ball Slide

I primarily need a sim slot, minimum 3mp cam, GPS & 2500mAh+ battery.
By now only I-ball slide is available but i am not too sure about its build quality! However the other new models are superb[clap] Google each of them to check the specs.

Thread Starter #4

vikram

Suspended

Are all of the 4 above tablets you mentioned below 20,000 INR ?

Thread Starter #7

vikram

Suspended
Re: Which Tablet PC To Buy in India?

Yeah man, all are below 15k.
Google each & see yourself.
Hi. iball slide seems to be decent . Which OS does it use?
Comparing with other 3 , i mean comparing all 4 , which one is better ?
Pros and cons of each ?

Except for i-ball all are new models. Personally i dont like i-ball however its running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I think lenovo is the best as it has offline 24x7 GPS, better screen resolution i.e. 1024x600, & the sim card slot. Carrying an additional 3G stick would look stupid. R&D till now has confirmed that only Lenovo has the sim slot. MSI Windpad enjoy also has a 3G sim model which is not launched in india by MSI. Also note that HCL & Lenovo have promised 24x7 support for their new tablets. Called the dealer today, HCL is now officially available[clap] Lenovo is due for November[cry] MSI is also available but the enjoy variants are not listed on their website. Here are specs & details of every tablet. Refer the links to compare:-

HCL ME X1
Tablet PCs, HCL ME Tablet X1

Lenovo Ideapad A1
Lenovo - Tablets - IdeaPad Tablet A1 - India (IN)

MSI Windpad Enjoy
MSI Windpad Enjoy Price in India - MSI Enjoy 7/10 Tablet India

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

vikram

Suspended

Except for i-ball all are new models. Personally i dont like i-ball however its running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I think lenovo is the best as it has offline 24x7 GPS, better screen resolution i.e. 1024x600, & the sim card slot. Carrying an additional 3G stick would look stupid. R&D till now has confirmed that only Lenovo has the sim slot. MSI Windpad enjoy also has a 3G sim model which is not launched in india by MSI. Also note that HCL & Lenovo have promised 24x7 support for their new tablets. Called the dealer today, HCL is now officially available[clap] Lenovo is due for November[cry] MSI is also available but the enjoy variants are not listed on their website. Here are specs & details of every tablet. Refer the links to compare:-

HCL ME X1
Tablet PCs, HCL ME Tablet X1

Lenovo Ideapad A1
Lenovo - Tablets - IdeaPad Tablet A1 - India (IN)

MSI Windpad Enjoy
MSI Windpad Enjoy Price in India - MSI Enjoy 7/10 Tablet India

Saw all of them [thumbsup] liked the the Lenovo IdeaPad A1 Tablet among them. What is the price in India for Ideapad A1 ?

Lenovo Ideapad A1 16GB WiFi version is a slim, light weight and solid built tablet with magnesium alloy roll cage internal frame. It is equipped with 7 inch TFT LCD Multi-touch Capacitive Touchscreen display with 1024x600 pixels resolution and accelerometer sensor. It is powered by 1Ghz ARM cortex A8 single core processor and runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS. It sports a 3 MP rear digital camera with zoom, video streaming, geo tagging and video recording, front .3MP VGA camera for video calls, Music player, video player, 512MB RAM, 16GB internal memory and expandable memory upto 32GB with Micro SD card. It offers connectivity options like Wi-Fi, micro USB port and Bluetooth, and is HTML browser enabled. It comes preloaded with top 10 popular apps and supports GPS with Google maps, strong battery, Adobe flash and a Social Touch application, which integrates social networks, email, and calendar all in one easy-to-use interface. It is available in 4 colours- Black, White, Pink abd Blue.

Price 14990 INR

Launched on 13th Oct 2011

@ drivetech4, great news bro. Please give proof of the info with hyperlink.

wow, this is called absent mindedness. There was a great tablet available just around the corner with superb service. silly me i didnt think about it. Its the reliance 3G tab i.e. Ideos S7 Slim. I like everything in it expect for the slow 800mhz processor. I hope its not super slow! Will go to the reliance office on monday to get more info. Here are the details however:-
http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...nfoId=2974&directoryId=5011&treeId=3290&tab=0
http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/3G/HTML/3G_Tab.html

Last edited:

Guys what exactly is the use of a tablet? Which type of usage or people requires a tablet or is it just for show-off? I always had this doubt , since many members here are discussing about this i think you guys can help me clarify my doubt.

And also is it possible to download a song/movie in a tablet?

Thread Starter #14

vikram

Suspended

@drivetech4 : nice info on lenovo tablet ! thanks

Guys what exactly is the use of a tablet? Which type of usage or people requires a tablet or is it just for show-off? I always had this doubt , since many members here are discussing about this i think you guys can help me clarify my doubt.

And also is it possible to download a song/movie in a tablet?
It is nothing but a simplest form of a computer with additional features like touch screen , Camera etc. and convenience to carry it along with you.

Though I agree with you that some people use it for show off.[thumbsup]

Top Bottom