Google Home Outage [27-Jun-2018]

Thread Starter #1
Did any of you got affected from the Global Outage of Google Home in 27 Jun 2018 afternoon in India?

All smart homes and equipments across the globe using Google, went dumb!

My Chromecast went down after an auto-upgrade of Firmware to version 1.32.124602

I had opted for their Preview Programme, to get firsthand experience of upcoming updates. And this surprised me with going into panic mode and trying everything from resetting my Chromecast, router, mobiles, laptops and what not!

Kids were after my life as it's their vacation time and the idiot box and phones went useless!

Well, things are back to normal today after Google released a fix for it.

Internet was burning yesterday with numerous tweets and complaints and rants doing the rounds!

Did any of you got affected from the Global Outage of Google Home in 27 Jun 2018 afternoon in India?

All smart homes and equipments across the globe using Google, went dumb!

My Chromecast went down after an auto-upgrade of Firmware to version 1.32.124602

I had opted for their Preview Programme, to get firsthand experience of upcoming updates. And this surprised me with going into panic mode and trying everything from resetting my Chromecast, router, mobiles, laptops and what not!

Kids were after my life as it's their vacation time and the idiot box and phones went useless!

Well, things are back to normal today after Google released a fix for it.

Internet was burning yesterday with numerous tweets and complaints and rants doing the rounds!
I came to know about the outage via social media. Since I don't use Chromecast nor Google Home, it didn't affect me in any way. However, during the same period, Slack was down too, which affected group project planning and office chats.

Top Bottom