Reliance Jio Announces Lifetime Free Voice Calls, Unlimited Night Data

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member

In a landmark decision that could change the Indian telecom sector forever, Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio announced that Jio will never charge its users for voice calls.

"Customer should pay only for one service voice or data, not both. No customers would have to pay for voice call ever," Mukesh Ambani, the head of RIL group of which Reliance Jio is a part, said while addressing shareholder of RIL at 42ndAnnual General Meeting.

Reliance Jio's Mukesh Ambani, which has already shook the Indian telecom operators with its pre-launch free voice and data offer, also said that the operator would not levy roaming charges on users. On the occasion, Ambani also revealed Jio's pricing offers (look screenshot below).

While revealing Jio's tariffs, Mukesh Ambani highlighted that this is the lowest tariff anywhere in the world. He added that the operator will charge just Rs 50 for 1 GB of LTE data. Users would get unlimited 4G night data.

Taking a dig at other operators, Mukesh Ambani said that Reliance Jio will not charge during festivals.

"There would not be any blackout days or any complex tariffs.. operators charge double on festivals but Jio would not have such charges ," Mukesh Ambani said amidst thunders applause from the attendees.

Mukesh Ambani also announced that from 5th Sept, anyone can get an Jio SIM and they would get the services for free till 15th Dec.

Mukesh Ambani at the AGM also said, "India has seen Ghandhigiri and now its time to see datagiri."

Source:

Re: Reliaince Jio announces lifetime free voice calls, unlimited night data

Amazing offers. Now we will get the right speed and the correct prices.

Telecom companies will now slash the rates [clap]

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: Reliaince Jio announces lifetime free voice calls, unlimited night data

Reliance Jio Welcome Offer launched, offers free access to its Jio services till December 31, 2016

Read HERE

Ambani is a true business man.

The validity of the packs is 28 days so it essentially cut 2-3 days every month and it inturn enable them to have 13 cycles in the year. So what ever pack you take you will paying for one cycle extra during the year. So basically, Jio has a profit of 8.3% on existing tarrifs just because of this shorter billing cycle.
Then just imagine when the rates are increase, the cycle will remain same then profits will soar. Very smart move.

Last edited:
This is second time Reliance is changing telecom industry
this is good for end customers who are forced to pay pathetically high charges for data
Thanks Mr Ambani for this

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Reliance Jio promises SIM activation in 15 minutes via e-KYC

Read Here:

Almost every other operator has 28 day cycle for prepaid
Idea: 2GB (Rs.349) & 10GB (Rs.948) pack validity 28 Days
All other packs (3GB,5GB & 6GB) validity 30 Days

Airtel: All pack Validity - ''Bill Cycle'' (30 Days)

Vodafone : All pack validity 28 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this pricing same for JioFi plans as well? The cost of JioFi device has dropped to Rs1999 (from 2899), just wondering if plans will be any different from the cellular Jio version.

Thread Starter #13

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Is this pricing same for JioFi plans as well? The cost of JioFi device has dropped to Rs1999 (from 2899), just wondering if plans will be any different from the cellular Jio version.
I think the plans given are for Data only as they says Voice calls are free. So, I think same plan/tariff will apply for JipFi also..!!

Reliance Jio Special Students Discount Offer Details

After a lot of waiting, Reliance Jio finally launched its 4G services commercially today. The plans unveiled by Mr. Mukesh Ambani will definitely be attracting lots of customers while increasing competition in the telecom sector. While the plans unveiled already offer great value for money, students in India will be getting special love from Reliance Jio.

Under the Special Students Discount Offer, Reliance Jio will be offering 25% more data to students on main tariffs. Any student, studying in school or college can avail this offer. He/she simply needs to present valid Student ID card in order to avail this benefit.

Besides this special offer for students, Reliance Jio has plans to connect India’s schools and colleges with Wi-Fi to provide broadband wireless access to the students in their classrooms. Well no wonder access to Internet for today’s students is lot more important if they want to compete with the students from other countries at an international level.

Source:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the plans given are for Data only as they says Voice calls are free. So, I think same plan/tariff will apply for JipFi also..!!
I thought so too.

He added that the operator will charge just Rs 50 for 1 GB of LTE data. Users would get unlimited 4G night data.
I don't understand the Rs50 per GB logic. Shouldn't the Rs149 plan have 3GB of 4G data in this case?

Jio ' s entry in the Indian market will change the face of Telecom industry. Airtel,Vadafone,Idea will not take this lightly & i hope they fight it out with jio.I really liked the initiative of open network of Airtel.There were also talk of joint ventures between this players.
I would not like jio to monopolies Telecom business in.India,other players should give a stiff competition to jio

Top Bottom