Samsung TV Spares Not Available. What To Do?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I purchased a Samsung LED TV in march 2012.It's a 55"LED model UA55D8000.It cost me 1,90,000 Rs.Now the mother board in the TV is damaged and the TV is dead.The samsung service people said it will cost me 10,000 Rs and they have to place an order for it.I agreed for that and gave 5,000 Rs as advance.After a few days I got a call saying that,Samsung stopped manufacturing these boards and the TV cannot be repaired.Imagine my shock when I got the news.I never imagined that I may have to lose my high end TV within 4 years.Is this the fate of every high end Samsung TV user after 4 or 5 years?

The Samsung service people gave an option of buying back the TV for a mere 20% of what I initially paid.I refused that and said I am not giving my TV back and i want my TV repaired at any cost.They did not care and cancelled my service order.What are my options now? I don't want to give my TV back to Samsung.Is there any other way I can get the mother board for 55D8000 series?Did anybody face a similar problem?If there are any experts,please help.Thank you.

Hi,
I purchased a Samsung LED TV in march 2012.It's a 55"LED model UA55D8000.It cost me 1,90,000 Rs.Now the mother board in the TV is damaged and the TV is dead.The samsung service people said it will cost me 10,000 Rs and they have to place an order for it.I agreed for that and gave 5,000 Rs as advance.After a few days I got a call saying that,Samsung stopped manufacturing these boards and the TV cannot be repaired.Imagine my shock when I got the news.I never imagined that I may have to lose my high end TV within 4 years.Is this the fate of every high end Samsung TV user after 4 or 5 years?

The Samsung service people gave an option of buying back the TV for a mere 20% of what I initially paid.I refused that and said I am not giving my TV back and i want my TV repaired at any cost.They did not care and cancelled my service order.What are my options now? I don't want to give my TV back to Samsung.Is there any other way I can get the mother board for 55D8000 series?Did anybody face a similar problem?If there are any experts,please help.Thank you.

Try to negotiate with them for better buyback . You can try to get the motherboard from ebay.com etc., but end of the day we cannot trust the originality and workable condition of the board.It is better to negotiate with the samsung people.
Refer hifivision.com . Many people posted regarding panel problems.

Samsung 64F8500 (not repairable) - depreciated refund even though under warranty!

Thread Starter #3
Try to negotiate with them for better buyback . You can try to get the motherboard from ebay.com etc., but end of the day we cannot trust the originality and workable condition of the board.It is better to negotiate with the samsung people.
Refer hifivision.com . Many people posted regarding panel problems.

Samsung 64F8500 (not repairable) - depreciated refund even though under warranty!
Thanks for the reply.I searched for mother boards and some are available on ebay and some chinese website.But we don't know for sure,whether they will work for my TV or not.The Samsung people are cut throat and rude in their approach.After this incident,I am not going to buy any Samsung product in my life.As a last resort I am thinking of getting the mother board from Ebay.

There are excellent chip analysers and repair people out there, actually what was burnt, which component is dead you can find out, now a days individual components available. If individual component available you can replace it in your board and can be used why don't you try competent enough pcb engineers outside. Samsung engineers will not break their head analysing the board, they just simply change the board.

-suryaputhra

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Try send an email direct to Samsung Customer care explaining your complaint. I did once with Sony sometime back when the service center said the same story that spares not available etc and I got spare free of cost from Sony and they asked Sony people to come to my home and repair it.

If you are lucky, you will get some solution from Samsung.!!

Dr, I don't know if it is possible for you,but your TV can be repaired without changing the motherboard. Experienced chip level service people are available in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Try that too. It may be time taking, but worth the effort.

Best possible solution, negotiate for around 30% buy back and add initial estimation for repair (10k) buy a brand new TV and continue enjoying.
What you get:
- Complete piece of mind (a brand new one) + Warranty
- New gen product

Thread Starter #8
Try send an email direct to Samsung Customer care explaining your complaint. I did once with Sony sometime back when the service center said the same story that spares not available etc and I got spare free of cost from Sony and they asked Sony people to come to my home and repair it.

If you are lucky, you will get some solution from Samsung.!!
I sent an email to Samsung head office.They called me,and said they will look for a solution in 4 days.

Dr, I don't know if it is possible for you,but your TV can be repaired without changing the motherboard. Experienced chip level service people are available in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Try that too. It may be time taking, but worth the effort.
Thanks for the reply.I am definitely not going to give the TV back to Samsung.Like you said,I will try to repair my mother board in hyderabad.

Best possible solution, negotiate for around 30% buy back and add initial estimation for repair (10k) buy a brand new TV and continue enjoying.
What you get:
- Complete piece of mind (a brand new one) + Warranty
- New gen product
The problem is,I don't want to lose my TV.It is such a beautiful set.I will try to get my Tv repaired,even if there is going to be some delay.I have a 42" Samsung plasma also,which we are currently viewing.So I am not in a hurry.At this moment I don't want to give the TV back to Samsung.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Guys,I got a call from Samsung headquarters.The representative said that,they have ordered the part and it will reach me in a week.That's good news for me.I will let you know what happens, in one week.
I presume the call is the effect of the email sent to them?
Always better and effective when put it in writing than talking many times to any authorities.!!

Thread Starter #12
I presume the call is the effect of the email sent to them?
Always better and effective when put it in writing than talking many times to any authorities.!!
I believe so.I explained in my email,that I am a loyal Samsung customer and owner of so many Samsung products.May be that did the trick,may be they didn't want negative publicity.

Thread Starter #13
Guys,
I got the news today that the mother board is still not available anywhere.Infact,I found this when I called the service centre guy,to know the status of the mother board.They didn't bother to call me.I found them to be very unprofessional.I am back to square one again.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Guys,
I got the news today that the mother board is still not available anywhere.Infact,I found this when I called the service centre guy,to know the status of the mother board.They didn't bother to call me.I found them to be very unprofessional.I am back to square one again.
You mean that the response you got from the Samsung headquarters /Customer care or from local service centre..?

Top Bottom