Help Needed - Samsung vs LG LED TV

Thread Starter #1
Hello fellow members,

I need your expertise and suggestions in purchasing a TV for my parents. I am looking at purchasing a LED TV - 48" or 49". MY budget is around 1 Lakh INR. I am considering between Samsung or LG. I currently own a Samsung 46 inch and love it. I have always felt Samsung is superior than any other brands. Surfing the internet, I understand that LG is not far behind. It is on par with Samsung. Both are market leaders and rivals at the top of the list. Samsung has better black levels and LG has an edge in color accuracy.

I am mainly looking for a smart TV with 3 or 4 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports. Contrast ratio - the higher the better. I need your inputs in making a decision. I would appreciate if you suggest model numbers as well. I am also considering a refrigerator and am leaning towards LG. Am I thinking correct?

Congratulations on your purchases.

One suggestion.

The first year you get usual annual warranty from manufacturer. Once you are completing the first year warranty, make sure that you get extended warranty for maximum term.

Why i say this is because i bought a Samsung TV in 2011 and then before it's term finished Samsung allowed me to extend its warranty for 3 yrs. This warranty finished in 2015 and Samsung did not extend my TV Warranty any further saying that for TV they only give 3 yrs extended warranty.

So go for maximum term of warranty that is available.

One more thing, Samsung has now revised their extended warranty and now you can get 4 yrs extended warranty. I am sure LG will have similar scheme.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Congrats on your purchase. Can you please how much u paid for each?
I need to check with my dad. I think the TV was around 73K and the refrigerator was arounf 32.5K. I shall check and reconfirm.

Congratulations on your purchases.

One suggestion.

The first year you get usual annual warranty from manufacturer. Once you are completing the first year warranty, make sure that you get extended warranty for maximum term.
Sure. Will do. Any ball park of what would be the cost for extended warranty?
Currently I have a Samsung 46 inch bought in 2010 and still going strong.

I paid Rs 5808 for 3 yr extended warranty on a 46' Samsung TV in 2014 for a TV i purchased in 2013. This is in Navi Mumbai.
This was my third Samsung LED. They did not have 4 yr warranty when i bought this extended warranty unfortunately.
The prices have fallen for extended warranty. i am sure LG prices will be roughly in that ballpark for 4 yrs now.
unfortunately your 2010 Samsung will not be provided with extended warranty. but you can always check.
Get extended warranty for both fridge & TV. These are electronic appliances with lot of sophisticated parts. Anything can fail at anytime, might as well insure ourselves from their failure.

All the best.

Top Bottom