New LED TV. Which One To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
Guys, need your help and inputs.We recently shifted our residence and now looking to buy a new tv set.There are lots of brands and models available and this is really confusing which one to go for.
New brands are giving serious competition with aggressive pricing and advertisements.What do you guys own and think would be the right choice.
50" size, full HD.Semi smart or smart either, this too is confusing as i dont know in real usage how much we are going to use internet content on tv set?
I already have appletv which does the job well for youtube and my computer/laptop connection sync along with making it smart wifi enebaled, so is it really needed to spend on smart tv?
How is the brand VU as have seen the reviews brilliant with amazing pricing for this sets.Lloyd is also another brand which i have seen selling in very good numbers with 5 years warranty on complete set.
Sorry for the long post but need the inputs so pour in.
With the regular trusted brands, saw these few
LG 49LF5900 smart with ips panel, smart remote with 2 years warranty, mrp 76k available for 65
Sony 50"800C and 800D, difference is D model is 2016, these are android tv which i am not intrested much with having read reviews of they getting rebooted frequently and heated too.
Sony is a brand where you dont go wrong much so please give in your suggestions.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: New LED Tv, which one to buy?

Smart TV's are expensive presently and unless you need those extra features, no need to go for this one.

I have been using Lloyds 40'' (Model L40EO1FD51 Full HD) since last 7 monhts. Very nice product and we have no complaints so far.

Suggest see demo on 2/3 makes together and see the PQ and other features, then decide.

Always try to get a 2016 model, if available..

If you are a person who likes to watch serials and other TV stuff from internet (youtube) then go for smart tv. Recently our office cafeteria has installed VU brand TV, i was astonished to see its picture clarity and HD resolution, you may think over this.

Once got a chance to see Micromax TV in one of the hotel room, the clarity was awesome but its user interface and remote (too long) is of old age.

Samsung, LG and Sony are all time players. If you like to watch movies from USB directly on TV then choose a TV which supports maximum file formats. I have done this homework 2-3 years back and selected Samsung [:)]

Will you be using home theater / sound system with TV?

If not, then I suggest you go with Sony as in my experience Sony provides great combination of picture and audio quality. Downside is strict DLNA compatibility requirement.

With Smart TV, along with Youtube etc, one also gets support for DLNA where all your media could be kept connected to a media server and you can watch it on TV. In my case, 4 HDDs reside in an overhead cupboard in a corner and TV just has power cord!

Thread Starter #5

Smart TV's are expensive presently and unless you need those extra features, no need to go for this one.

I have been using Lloyds 40'' (Model L40EO1FD51 Full HD) since last 7 monhts. Very nice product and we have no complaints so far.

Suggest see demo on 2/3 makes together and see the PQ and other features, then decide.

Always try to get a 2016 model, if available..
Thankyou Nairrk, yes i saw 4o inch lloyd and i am in love with it.26500 for full hd and 32k for smart.It also comes with 5 years complete warranty.Yet to ask prices for 50".

If you are a person who likes to watch serials and other TV stuff from internet (youtube) then go for smart tv. Recently our office cafeteria has installed VU brand TV, i was astonished to see its picture clarity and HD resolution, you may think over this.

Once got a chance to see Micromax TV in one of the hotel room, the clarity was awesome but its user interface and remote (too long) is of old age.

Samsung, LG and Sony are all time players. If you like to watch movies from USB directly on TV then choose a TV which supports maximum file formats. I have done this homework 2-3 years back and selected Samsung [:)]
I never see any programmes ol its always with the cable connection.Online stuffs are movies and youtube.I have apple tv which does the job to make non smart tv smart so doubt weather to spend on smart or not.Same difference amount can be utilised for bigger size and good HT system.

Will you be using home theater / sound system with TV?

If not, then I suggest you go with Sony as in my experience Sony provides great combination of picture and audio quality. Downside is strict DLNA compatibility requirement.

With Smart TV, along with Youtube etc, one also gets support for DLNA where all your media could be kept connected to a media server and you can watch it on TV. In my case, 4 HDDs reside in an overhead cupboard in a corner and TV just has power cord!
Sony is a default option for non brainer, you mostly never go wrong with sony.But their recent series have lots of heating issues, also smart series are android tv's which i personally dont want.Wifi enables the most say semi smart does the work perfectly.

Any one with experience of VU brand.Heard superb reviews of this tv and their pricing is too tempting.Flipkart is selling it below costs to gain the popularity and market has seen that as well.
Mind says Vu or LLoyd both are in similar pricing, good warranty period for lloyd.Heart says go for Sony, sammy or panasonic.

Two important points -

1) do check the Dead pixel / stuck pixel replacement policy of whichever brand you choose. There are good videos on YT to check pixels (but that can only be done after you bring the TV home!).
2) Do a blacks test (darkness of blacks).

I have generally seen the cheap TVs not doing well on these parameters along with sound quality.

I bought a Samsung 50 inch smart TV along with Samsung BLU ray player as a bundle offer for 64k after exchanging my smasung 32 inch lcd.

I have used the previous LCD tv for more than 2 years I sold it only becuase i wanted to sell. No problems touchwood.

Now going by features, I have never used any of the features baring exploring internet and blu ray content. It has file transfer between usb and connect HDD and so on.

So I would vouch for samsung quality. One thing will all Samsung TVS are the good sound quality. you will never need a sound bar or home theater. My Home is 3200 square feet. The sound can be heard from all rooms even with middle volume.

My sister has bought Samsung 42 LED hd ready tv from shop clues for a little over 25k few months back. Trust me, it's awesome.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Decided upon full HD non smart LED tv that is going to get finalised today.
Brand and size will once checking them out at the store.I dont want to waste money for smart tv as practically i know how much it gets used.
Also i have appletv which makes the non smart tv smart so no point wasting money.
Same amount could be utilised for a good 5.1 channel sound system.

Thread Starter #9
Took the plunge and got myself 55" Panasonic full hd led tv, with pc connectors, dual hdmi port, dual usb port with 2 years complete warranty.
Got a superb deal on the set as i have shared earlier i purchase all my electronics from my school friends store so he adds more discounts then the regular ones.
Will share the model no and pictures in a day or so.
Also got it mounted along with new Airtel settop box that came along the tv, which is hd box with recording, 8gb pendrive attatched, one month all channels free.

Top Bottom