CCTV Cameras For Home Security

Re: CCTV cameras - Home Security

Hi Guys

I am planning to buy this CCTV home security kit for my home

CP PLUS 2 HD CCTV Cameras with 4Ch. HD DVR Kit With: Amazon.in: Electronics

Please suggest any other good alternatives if you know
Thanks Vaibhav, for this link, I too was looking for something like this, depending on your requirements, I would suggest you 4 cameras, even if you install 2/3 now.

Last year I had got a quote for 20k for 4 cameras not HD.

My only concern will be installation & warranty/upkeep. Check out the price from a dealer near you, if he can match the specs & price, (usually they do).

Keep us updated.

Thread Starter #4
Re: CCTV cameras - Home Security

I have ordered it . 2 cameras enough for my house.

Can add 2 more later on also. Lets see how it work. Need to get hold of a electrician to install

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The price seems good. I too use cp plus camera (920 tvl) and it works without any problem.

Download it's app gcmob from playstore and see live feed from anywhere.

It also has a smart search feature. You can avoid looking at hours of video and focus only the main parts. In that you select some area ( like a door ) and the video will automatically skip when there is no movement in that particular area. A really cool feature.

Also a normal electrician can't setup this , you will have to ask some camera guy only. I have a number if you want. He will take 300rs per camera so 600rs for your setup.

Ps : cp plus 920 tvl bullet camera costs 1200 rs from the local market.

The price seems good. I too use cp plus camera (920 tvl) and it works without any problem.

It also has a smart search feature. You can avoid looking at hours of video and focus only the main parts. In that you select some area ( like a door ) and the video will automatically skip when there is no movement in that particular area. A really cool feature.

Also a normal electrician can't setup this , you will have to ask some camera guy only. I have a number if you want. He will take 300rs per camera so 600rs for your setup.

Thanks AHC for all your inputs, so if I got it correct, I can view my home on live feed from anywhere in the country or outside?

If its not intrusive, could you please provide a screen shot.

Thanks

Vinod

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yes you can view it from anywhere. You just need internet connection on your phone and one more connection where the cameras are installed connected to the dvr through a lan wire.
There is just 1 ip address which needs to be entered on your wifi / router setup page after camera installation. You can also view the live stream on your laptop just by entering the ip address.
I am sorry but i can't post ss. Hope you understand. I have attached the screenshot of the app and it takes just 3 seconds to load the live feed on the phone.

Another feature on the app is playback. You can view previous days recording as well. Also you can save a selected part of the video or an image on your phone.
Recalled a peculiar problem after writing this. When i fast forward a video on the dvr , the frame rates are not that good but in the phone application it's butter smooth. Weird.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Thanks, please DM the number of technican. Also which HDD to buy ? (internal or external) ?

I heard from a technician friend that there are special HDDs available for DVR at a slightly higher cost.Since it will run 24\7 , normal HDDs will not last more than 1-2 years as per him.Checkout the shops selling CCTV accessories for this type HDD.

Thread Starter #11
Installation done and working like a charm. Have ordered 1 more camera.

But, it doesnt work when there is light failure. Should i get it on invertor ?

Also, please suggest some good door locks where keys cant be duplicated

Installation done and working like a charm. Have ordered 1 more camera.

But, it doesnt work when there is light failure. Should i get it on invertor ?

Also, please suggest some good door locks where keys cant be duplicated
Hi,

If you don't mind, please let us know the model you chose, is it the same as your first post?

Also, which is the model for the extra camera you ordered.

Thanks

Vinod

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It's a great deal. I also checked 8 channel dvr plus 8 camera and they cost just 20k( with 2 tb hard disk and hd cameras) i paid 22k without hd and with 1 tb hard disk. Thanks fr updating.

Top Bottom