Moto X Style vs Lenovo X3 Vibe

Thread Starter #1
I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 purchased 2 years ago. While it was suitable for the purpose, I am driven by an urge to update to the latest (arent we all!). I have never tried Motorola phones in India (but I found them excellent while in US). I have read great reviews about Moto X (Style/Play) , but recently I purchased the Lenovo K4 Note for my mom and found it to be a great performer, in fact an overkill for my moms requirements.

And then Lenovo X3 Vibe was launched as a flagship Lenovo device. Both Moto X Style and Vibe X3 meet my requirements, except that I will get Marshmallow almost immediately in the Moto. I like clutter free interfaces so am looking forward to stock Android as much as possible.
Now- those who may have used the Moto X phones , how would you rate the Style series? Spec-wise, it compares very well with Lenovo except it doesnt have fingerprint scanner and lesser battery but it does have Marshmallow.
I am not inclined to try other Chinese brands that keep popping up.(LeEco/Oppo/Vivo/OnePlus/Gionee).
No gaming requirements for me-more interested in browsing and audio/video/photography.

What I may miss though are some very deft features in my Galaxy, like for instance, backlit keys. I am shocked these are not standard in many 10K-15K phones today. Am a bit bored of Samsung and TouchWiz, hence the urge to change.
Please recommend!

Last edited:
Sorry for the late response; week end, you know.

I have not touched either of these phones nor checked the reviews. But, I had used two great Moto phones: SLVR L7 (2006 to I think 2009) and Atrix 2. I said in my Lenovo Vibe Pi1 review "A Moto is a Moto".

In basic telephony, a Moto always stands out. Many years back, while on official duty, I spent two months in Pokhran. I was using the Nokia 5800 then. Where we stayed, my default BSNL signal was week (13 km straight line distance from Guest house to the BSNL tower - I know, as I have used DGPS to measure, just for the heck of it. I took an Airtel SIM and used it with the Nokia. When I used the BSNL SIM in the SLVR L7, I started receiving calls, clearly ! A Moto ... is ... Moto.

I advice you to see what YOU want the most in YOUR Phone. Whichever phone offers that, get that. If both meet the target, get the Moto. Good luck.

PS: Why not check out the Asus 2 Laser? When a colleague showed me that, it impressed me. After moto, I think I have become a fan of Asus and Lenovo, for their sincere efforts and offerings. I am holding onto my 1+1, because it is a damn great phone even now [:D]

PS to PS: Mandatory confusion created. I am satisfied now. [;)]

I have used moto in the past and moto is a moto. Top class quality and trouble free. I used it for 3 years until I lost it. I am using Lenova A7000 now. Need to say this is also a good phone no problems. no lagging even during mutlitasking.

Top Bottom